Good Morning from Halifax, new C5 RS6 owner

New to the forum? Say "hello"
AJM
Neutral

Good Morning from Halifax, new C5 RS6 owner

Post by AJM » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:10 pm

Hello and good morning from drizzly Halifax :?

Recently purchased a 53 plate RS6 saloon from Dubbers in Huddersfield. Traded my A7 in for it if you want to see it on their website :D (in fact the ad for my RS6 I still on their site).

My newbie needs a little TLC to bring it up to where I'm happy with it;

I'm currently working on cleaning up the leather with AutoGlym. It's working... If a little slowly. I'm on my third round of scrubbing.

Does anyone know where I could get a new set of silver seatbelts ? Or, if it's worth the expense ? They are really grubby and irritate me greatly !!

OKay, so this ones a biggy........

I really miss my DAB, NAV and phone connectivity. Sorry, but I do. Should I spend money on upgrading the head unit ? I'm thinking that I keep the original and put it back in when it comes to selling. It bothers me greatly that it's going to look naff. I definitely don't want one with loads of flashing lights and things.. Just something nice and subtle.

TBH the original system sounds absolutely shocking. Really toppy. I've altered it as much as I can but now my CD's sound like they're being sung from in a bucket. I'm happy that it's the unit itself and not the speakers.

Any (positive) comments appreciated

Foxmeister
4th Gear

Re: Good Morning from Halifax, new C5 RS6 owner

Post by Foxmeister » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:30 pm

Hey,

Looks quite a nice example, some nice mods etc. Ad states about front and rear electric seats, do the rears have electric adjustment, or just typo?

Recently picked up an avant myself, having a more modern VW i get what you mean with the stereo, even the satnav is pre-historic looking and not anywhere as nice as modern stuff but bear in mind this would have been great in its day. The sound does lack a bit of mid and bass till you turn them up and keep volume high which isnt great, but you can look at retro fit places like this

https://www.hazzydayz.com/a6-4b-s6-4b-r ... 5-59-c.asp

Found them whilst having a search myself re retro fitting an RNSE, suppose it depends how long you intend on keeping the car if its worth the cost, but assume you can sell this on separately no problems if reinstating the car to standard when the time comes, seems the best option from my opinion and apparently they are very helpful if you email and ask about all parts needed to be plug and play if possible

AJM
Neutral

Post by AJM » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:46 pm

HI,

Thanks for replying. That's a useful link, thank you. I hadn't even considered an actual Audi upgrade. Definitely food for thought.

Think the electric rear seats must be a typo as I haven't found any buttons :-) They are heated though, which I think is pretty cool (I'm easily pleased).

Foxmeister
4th Gear

Post by Foxmeister » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:50 pm

AJM wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:46 pm
HI,

Thanks for replying. That's a useful link, thank you. I hadn't even considered an actual Audi upgrade. Definitely food for thought.

Think the electric rear seats must be a typo as I haven't found any buttons :-) They are heated though, which I think is pretty cool (I'm easily pleased).
Yeah, its a good price and im sure they say its a genuine part (poss refurbed) but gets you an Audi unit for price of similar Alpine, Kenwood etc

I thought as much, wasnt sure if it was an option that some may have had, i have heated rears also but think they came as standard, all ones i have seen have heated rears usually. Im same easily pleased, mine has had audio upgrades and includes Freeview TV which works, something i will likely never actually use but love the thought i have TV in the car!!! :jump_clap:

amgtr
Neutral

Post by amgtr » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:01 pm

Hello and welcome also

I have a C5 Saloon and live in Huddersfield so only ’next door’
Hope you enjoy the car, I certainly do, had it a year now and not spent a penny so far (big emphasis on the so far)
I hear you on the stereo thing and what you get used to nowadays in modern stuff and thought about changing the one in mine at first but as it’s only a weekend / summer ride I’m happy putting up with playing CD’s and used to it now.

There’s a couple of decent local shows going on in September plus monthly meets if that’s your bag, I’ll be going to a couple so if you fancy riding in together give me a shout

BTW what did you make of Dubbers?

AJM
Neutral

Post by AJM » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:24 am

Well, I'm daft enough to have it as my everyday driver... :roll: so we'll see how it goes. I could really do with Nav, phone and I'm really missing my Absolute 80's and Absoute Rock.

I thought Dubbers on the whole were good. Absolutely no pressure at all, and very friendly. Wouldn't shift on the price at all though, not a bean. That always happens to me. I guess I'm not a great negotiator. It always seems to be other people who get great deals.

I'll definitely take the old girl back there for servicing and things.. Having said that, the air con only works on the passenger side and I did let them know during the warranty period, but I can't be bovved to take it back just for that. So hopefully they'll sort it for free when she goes in for a service.

Wickedbad
Neutral

Post by Wickedbad » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:24 pm

I’m new on here and new to RS ownership too.

I’m also in drizzly Halifax and I came really close to going for a C5 RS6 Avant from Dubbers just a couple of months ago, but ended up getting an RS4 Avant instead. Glad they sound decent.

I’ll look out for you :)

AJM
Neutral

Post by AJM » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:58 am

Be sure to give me a flash and a toot if you see me pal, i’ll Reply in kind. :jump_clap:

I looked at the two Avants they had at Dubbers but tbh the high mileage and the lack of coil overs etc put me off.
I’m rather adventurously hoping for relatively cheap everyday driving from my RS.......

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:18 pm

Welcome... where’s the pictures? Rule 1 :lol:

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:20 pm

M
AJM wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:58 am
adventurously hoping for relatively cheap everyday driving from my RS.......
Hope you’re ok with disappointment then. Get saving. :sekret:

AJM
Neutral

Post by AJM » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:12 pm

marc1 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:18 pm
Welcome... where’s the pictures? Rule 1 :lol:
http://www.dubberssportsvws.co.uk/used/ ... e/18446064

Love that it’s still for sale on the website ! :biggrin3:

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:01 pm

Looks great mate. Love Mugwllo, and think the light interior really works with it. Enjoy. :thumb:

Return to “Welcome Area”