New to the forum? Say "hello"
Kaine19
Neutral

Post by Kaine19 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:27 pm

:bigwave:

Thanks for accepting. My names kaine i live in sunny manchester.

I currently drive a 375bhp/408lbft S3 8P and my misses has a 2018 SQ5.. but iam looking to upgrade next year to hopefully and RS6.

Buying it is not a problem due to pcp etc. Its running it i need do my research. I know people say if you think you cant afford this type of car then you probably can't but i genuinely think if you do reserach, you just maybe.
Ive already started in terms of how much disc and pads are and mpg. I know i shouldnt consider this car for mpg and i dont, but id still like to know as it will be my daily.

I do 34 mile a day commute, shift work so mostly not in traffic and i do 3 junctions of the m62, rest is town driving. People are getting average of 18-22mpg ish? I get 25.8mpg average in my S3. 280-300 mile off a full tank which is same as my S3 but bigger tank means its around £25-£30 more to fill.

Disc and pads for front £700ish?? Plus labour.
Rear i cant remember now.
Little clip what needs looking at near the coolant pipe?
21 inch wheels buckle?
Tyres.. depending on size but my misses 21inch are £255 a corner for mich SS

I will be looking at Audi to get the 12 month used warranty plus i know a few people who work for Audi. Also ive seen 15 plate and above it Facelift?

Tuning, id like to at some point. Unsure of the capabilities on the 6 apart from they map well and to use MRC haha.

Not looked at servicing or any optional extras just yet.

Feel like i am rambling on now haha but feel free to add any common faults. And any optional extras which are a must.

skirs6
5th Gear

Re: Newbie

Post by skirs6 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:23 pm

I take it you haven’t taken the plunge yet ? As for some of your concerns/questions. I think you’ve sort of answered your own questions. I bought mine on PCP with Audi approved used👍 Thank god I did 😂.
As for wheels I’ve had no issues at all with mine now on 33k. I’ve heard about the clip but never bothered to check mine. Tyres,well I always buy branded part worns normally £70 a corner with 7mm.
These cars really are the ultimate all round car. I’ve looked but can’t find anything even close to replace mine. Even though I had the major engine failure I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another when the time is right

skirs6
5th Gear

Re: Newbie

Post by skirs6 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Sorry and welcome👍 I to work shifts😫 nights are <beep> 😂

Return to “Welcome Area”