New (ish) RS6 Owner

New to the forum? Say "hello"
mikeyw
2nd Gear

New (ish) RS6 Owner

Post by mikeyw » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:40 pm

Having had an RS4 B8 for 2 and a half years I decided it was time to move to the RS6. Have had it about 2 and a half months now and I do love it. Have done a long run to the South of France and back and its effortless over those distances - and the French roads are amazing to drive it on!

It was not a brand new car, but low miles, decent warranty, and pretty much my ideal spec, all the usual toys, Sepang Blue, Performance version and Ceramics.

Overall i'm delighted - and the fuel economy is better so I feel i'm doing my green bit too!

Managed to have some idiot scratch the door whilst in France so got to get that sorted, and the Mrs curbed the front wheel on day two of ownership in one of the those crazy metal road narrowing sections during a rare drive in London. And then on day 4 a pot hole took out the tyre on the same wheel. Expensive few days.

That aside great car. I'd like to get the car professionally detailed so I would welcome any recommendations in North Oxfordshire/Warwickshire/Northampton for good people. And i;d like to get the RS6 badge of the front I think, but it seems really fiddly to do so!!!
Attachments
rs62.jpg
rs6.jpg

MikeFish
Cruising

Re: New (ish) RS6 Owner

Post by MikeFish » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:19 pm

Congrats, lovely car.
For detailing take it to Deep Impact Detailing in Daventry, Northamptonshire. I had mine done there and he has done loads of RS6's including Luke from Plush and Wayne's (rs4tdi) RS6 and R8s.
I'd recommend some paint protection film too if you want to keep it stone and swirl free.

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:46 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:19 pm
Congrats, lovely car.
For detailing take it to Deep Impact Detailing in Daventry, Northamptonshire. I had mine done there and he has done loads of RS6's including Luke from Plush and Wayne's (rs4tdi) RS6 and R8s.
I'd recommend some paint protection film too if you want to keep it stone and swirl free.
Thanks - thats not far so i'll contact them - wish i;d had it done before the muppet scratched it, but such is life.

Considered1
Neutral

Post by Considered1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Great looking car there mate.
My car had been coated in a clear 3M wrapping when I got it (2nd hand), I'd definately do something like this on a new one to protect it.
8 years old still comes up as new, well it would wouldnt it.
Looking at the receipts one of the previous owners used Race by Design UK, looks like they are here
https://www.racebydesign.co.uk
mihgt give you some more ideas, let us know how you get on.
best regards
2009 RS6 Avant 5.0 v10 TFSI Quattro, Sepang Blue, Soft Close, BOSE, TV.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWAcpngwADk/youtube]

Return to “Welcome Area”