iPhone into S4 B7 - how ?!!!!

Discussion forum for ICE, Security, SatNav, etc....
Audidoody
Neutral

iPhone into S4 B7 - how ?!!!!

Post by Audidoody » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:30 am

Hi just got an S4 B7 with the Audi Concert head unit but would like to play music through my iPhone. Anybody know the easiest way and the best way to do this please ?. My car doesn't appear to have an aux input - maybe these can be retro fitted ? Many thanks

SSS
Neutral

RE: iPhone into S4 B7 - how ?!!!!

Post by SSS » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:34 pm

I just had a Parrot MKI-9100 fitted to my B7 S4 and quite impressed with it

You get good phone handsfree via Bluetooth with and external mic and sound through your speakers. You also get iPod lead, aux in and USB via a lead in the glovebox. There is a little screen I've had mounted in the ashtray that you can flick between full iPod menu and phone contacts etc. You can get them Inc fitting from around £180 - bit more if you have Bose. Works well with my iPhone 4.

I wanted phone kit and iPod so this was good for me. May be better options out there if you just want music.....

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:20 pm

The MKI-9100 doesn't provide an A2DP stereo connection though - it's a phone kit with mono audio, and that's all.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

RS4KILLA
4th Gear

Post by RS4KILLA » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:40 am

celsus i-pod connector will work of the multifunction steering wheel as well
B5 S4 KO'4 black saloon sunroof......
B5 RS4 Goodwood Green,sunroof, nav tv, short shifter,
B5 S4 Nogaro saloon
B5 S4 Black saloon,
B5 RS4 Goodwood Green,
B5 RS4 Misano red,
B5 RS4 noggy blue,
B7 RS4 Sprint Blue.
B5 RS4 avus silver

SSS
Neutral

Re: RE: iPhone into S4 B7 - how ?!!!!

Post by SSS » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:40 pm

PetrolDave wrote:The MKI-9100 doesn't provide an A2DP stereo connection though - it's a phone kit with mono audio, and that's all.
the blurb For it says it uses a2dp.......

PetrolDave
Cruising

Re: RE: iPhone into S4 B7 - how ?!!!!

Post by PetrolDave » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:29 am

SSS wrote:
PetrolDave wrote:The MKI-9100 doesn't provide an A2DP stereo connection though - it's a phone kit with mono audio, and that's all.
the blurb For it says it uses a2dp.......
Yes, but where do you connect the (assumed) stereo output to? The Audi radios only have a mono connection for the phone kit - so you'll get all your music in glorious mono - lovely!

SSS
Neutral

RE: Re: RE: iPhone into S4 B7 - how ?!!!!

Post by SSS » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:12 pm

I am assuming mine is set-up like this:

"There is also another way to do this, but it requires using the CD changer port on the rear of the stereo, so if you have a changer fitted then you will lose this. Basically, it is an adaptor that gives you an aux-input into the stereo and from this the Parrot MKi can be used for when music is playing (although it will still work as it does now for call's). The advantage of this is that it will then use the Audi BOSE amp rather than the weaker Parrots amp (which I believe also stops the subs running when in use) and allow you to turn the volume up/down using the stereo rather than the Parrots controller - although you will still need this to change tracks up/down etc."

PetrolDave
Cruising

Re: RE: Re: RE: iPhone into S4 B7 - how ?!!!!

Post by PetrolDave » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:03 am

SSS wrote:I am assuming mine is set-up like this:

"There is also another way to do this, but it requires using the CD changer port on the rear of the stereo, so if you have a changer fitted then you will lose this. Basically, it is an adaptor that gives you an aux-input into the stereo and from this the Parrot MKi can be used for when music is playing (although it will still work as it does now for call's). The advantage of this is that it will then use the Audi BOSE amp rather than the weaker Parrots amp (which I believe also stops the subs running when in use) and allow you to turn the volume up/down using the stereo rather than the Parrots controller - although you will still need this to change tracks up/down etc."
If you use the right adapter, like a Dension 100 CAN with CD retention, you can keep the CD changer as well as the iPod/iPhone and you'll get track names in the DIS.

Return to “Electrical”