basic nav to rns-d on rs6 2003 retro fit.

Discussion forum for ICE, Security, SatNav, etc....
daveturbo
Neutral

basic nav to rns-d on rs6 2003 retro fit.

Post by daveturbo » Fri May 14, 2010 8:52 pm

i have just bought a rs6 rns-d for my 2003 rs6.My car was fitted with the basic navigation and symphony CD and CD changer set up.I have plugged in the nav plus and it wont go passed the key code.there is a plug missing from the back of the unit,also it wont illuminate or turn on and off with the ignition,can any one please help me with what i need to install it along with the TV tuner,many thanks Dave. :? :cry:

PetrolDave
Cruising

RE: basic nav to rns-d on rs6 2003 retro fit.

Post by PetrolDave » Sat May 15, 2010 9:55 am

You need the TMC tuner as well - that also converts the CAN bus from the Audi dialect to the Bosch dialect that the RNS-D uses.

Have you completely unplugged the old basic navigation? You must do that since they share the same address on the diagnostics.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

daveturbo
Neutral

sat nav

Post by daveturbo » Sat May 15, 2010 1:29 pm

Hi dave what should i disconnect from the basic nav,ie wiring under the centre console ,and where else,many thanks for the help.

craigyb
3rd Gear

RE: sat nav

Post by craigyb » Sat May 15, 2010 3:57 pm

It won't go past the key code as your wiring loom is missing the battery backup or SAFE feed, also you need an ignition feed and a lighting feed. Alo you need to remove the can bus wires from pins 7 & 12 of the 20 pin connector as they are the telephone connections on the RNS-D.

When you get a TMC module these two wires connect to the 12 pin connector on the TMC module.

You will also require a speed pulse or GALA wire connected to pin 1 of the 8 pin power connector and the ABS pulse of the 26 pin connector.

A whole lot of work if you ask me.

PetrolDave
Cruising

Re: RE: sat nav

Post by PetrolDave » Sat May 15, 2010 7:11 pm

craigyb wrote:A whole lot of work if you ask me.
Second that,

I always think it's best to skip the RNS-D and retrofit an RNS-E...

Return to “Electrical”