DIS tailgate not closed warning

Discussion forum for ICE, Security, SatNav, etc....
no_RS
3rd Gear

DIS tailgate not closed warning

Post by no_RS » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:07 pm

Noticed the DIS warning on the way home tonight, shows the tailgate of my S4 Avant (B7) is not closed, checked and it is locked but still have warning.

A quick check also identified that the indicators don't flash when locking on the remote (they flash on unlock only), the light in the tailgate is out and the alarm LED in the drivers door doesn't flash anymore so the alarm may not be activated.

Have read about a microswitch in the lock which maybe knackered, any other suggestions, do need to check the fuses as one may have blown.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Pete

Virdee Autos
Trader (Expired)

RE: DIS tailgate not closed warning

Post by Virdee Autos » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Would say 99% your tailgate issue is to do with the microswitch inside the lock.

Whilst your there, check your rear washer pipe hasn't come off. Usual culprit, water leaks onto the lock, and fcuks up the microswitch.

Check power is coming to the light in the boot 1st.
Virdee Autos ~ 07950-526592

Noggy Blue RS4 - 710N's | Supersprint Exhaust | RS6 Calipers/RS4 Discs | Aero Wipers | B7 rear wiper | Pioneer AVIC-F10BT | Alcantara dash | Alcantara headlining | 15mm spacers | Pentagon Tints/Supaglass | After-run mod | Carbon steering wheel | R8 engine bay caps | Brushed Alu plate plinth |

no_RS
3rd Gear

Post by no_RS » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:56 pm

Cheers Virdee,

The stealer said the same thing after a scan FOC as well, will get it sorted.

Thanks

no_RS
3rd Gear

Post by no_RS » Wed May 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Well the repair has lasted less than 2 weeks, DIS tailgate not locked warning displayed today, suspect a loose connection as bashing the lock makes the light in the tailgate flicker when open.

Perfect timing as I got the letter from the dealer hoping everything with their service was okay and thanking me wasting my money with them, well it f****** well is not...as I will explain tomorrow....

Virdee Autos
Trader (Expired)

Post by Virdee Autos » Wed May 12, 2010 9:08 pm

I suspect the washer pipe is still leaking...
Virdee Autos ~ 07950-526592

Noggy Blue RS4 - 710N's | Supersprint Exhaust | RS6 Calipers/RS4 Discs | Aero Wipers | B7 rear wiper | Pioneer AVIC-F10BT | Alcantara dash | Alcantara headlining | 15mm spacers | Pentagon Tints/Supaglass | After-run mod | Carbon steering wheel | R8 engine bay caps | Brushed Alu plate plinth |

no_RS
3rd Gear

Post by no_RS » Wed May 12, 2010 9:51 pm

If the pipe is leaking would I see/hear any water in the tailgate or inside the car? Also how do I remove the tailgate trim?

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Thu May 13, 2010 8:09 am

IIRC there are drains in the botom of the tailgate to drain water outside the car.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

no_RS
3rd Gear

Post by no_RS » Thu May 13, 2010 6:48 pm

Looked at the tailgate and there are no specific drain holes, there are a couple of plastic bumpstops which could possibly drain any water but nothing by design.

Going back to dealer Saturday morning..

Still think they're useless, all style and no substance.

Return to “Electrical”