Dynamic button

Discussion forum for ICE, Security, SatNav, etc....
Phil Thee
Neutral

Dynamic button

Post by Phil Thee » Thu May 07, 2020 5:01 pm

Hi all, new boy Phil Thee here:RS B8 MY14, owned for 2 years as standard. Been meaning to join in for a while, but you've missed nowt as I a boring old bloke :ban Deeeelighted by my upgrade from a JCW Mini Clubman (though it wasn't stock ..), but as always, want more. Get a bit frustrated by the comfort / dynamic settings and am looking for a 'hot button' fix so i don't have to scroll through my settings for a quick squirt eg to show an upstart, or overtake in a limited opportunity (safely, natch). My 'individual' setting is at the best compromise I can find, which is:
Engine& gearbox - auto
suspension - auto
dynamic steering - auto
engine sound - dynamis
sport diff - dynamic

So if there was a fix where I could - quickly, and just for a short time - pop the engine and gearbox into dynamic that would sort me for the moment until / if I decide to blow her.

Any know fixes out there?

Thanks in anticipation - keep clean. keep safe

nastro azzurro
3rd Gear

Re: Dynamic button

Post by nastro azzurro » Thu May 07, 2020 7:38 pm

Doesn’t putting into S mode change it to dynamic or pulling the paddles?
Can’t quite remember but seems to come to mind.
3 years since I had mine so could be wrong......

Phil Thee
Neutral

Post by Phil Thee » Thu May 07, 2020 11:37 pm

Nastro, thanks for swift reply. I had not noticed ‘paddling’ did it, will try at next opportunity. What is the ‘S’ you mention? Good to learn from past masters!!

nastro azzurro
3rd Gear

Post by nastro azzurro » Fri May 08, 2020 7:56 am

S is sport / dynamic mode. Move gear lever over to left or right (can’t remember or if it is even for this car!)

Phil Thee
Neutral

Post by Phil Thee » Mon May 25, 2020 10:44 am

:bash: I know it’s been a while guys and Nastro but just wanted to say thanks. Just post my post I took the RS to Unit 20 for the rear discs and pads (they did the fronts late last year), so had a chance to try the S mode. Can you believe I had not (knowingly) engaged this before?! On the B8 it is just snicking the gear leaver back a notch to engage, and again to disengage. Easy peasy! Does not give the full dynamic but holds shifts for another 800 rpm which makes a difference obvs. ‘S’ mode goes from 1-6 (as opposed to D1-D7). So this was great advice - it has enhanced my driving pleasure and I feel forking not to have realised, but I’ve felt like that before so no worries! Unit 20 also remapped for me. I chose the simple stage 1 (might dial it up when the cat goes and I decat). No more power - wasn’t expecting that from the FSI - but brings more torque in lower down and makes the car even more fun day to day. Well pleased with their advice, service and honesty. Highly recommend the schlep to the Wirral! Have a great BH peeps, gonna wash her now!

nastro azzurro
3rd Gear

Post by nastro azzurro » Mon May 25, 2020 6:03 pm

Glad you can enjoy your car fully. Happy to help!

Return to “Electrical”