Music Streaming Options B7 RS4

Discussion forum for ICE, Security, SatNav, etc....
Owain55
1st Gear

Music Streaming Options B7 RS4

Post by Owain55 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:16 pm

I’ve been doing a bit of research on being able to stream music to my RS4, it currently has RNSE mk1 with Bluetooth for calls and multi CD changer in the glove box, which I’m happy to lose in exchange for streaming. I just wanted to check that I’ve come across the options available to me, and I’m not missing something;
  • Upgrade to the later version RNS-E (2010) onwards and buy an external Bluetooth connection.
    I like that it retains the OEM look and enhances the existing unit in terms of graphics and speed, it but seems expensive for an 2nd hand unit.
  • Buy a new double din head unit. I don’t think I’d need an expensive one as I’d only really want it to provide the basic functions of sat nav, calls and music, but it’ll bring a host of other modern features which I’d probably like, but cheaper ones look tacky.
  • I found that a few people have Connect2 units installed but on contacting Connects2 to find out which one, they suggested that it may not work well because it also has a Bluetooth call function which may conflict with the cars function as they said most phones will only be able to connect to one device at a time (I have a Samsung A40). They also mentioned in some cases there is a BOSE pin and when their interface is connected, I would not get any sound from the radio.
  • Install an Aux in line with 3.5mm jack and Bluetooth adapter. Found one on amazon but seems expensive for what it is, although it gets over the power consideration https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Adap ... B01B1A1MVI. I’m not sure what the down sides of this set up is; Quality of music? May require VCDS set up?. I did read something about RNSe with a TV not being compatible, which mine has (at least a button for, anyway) but can’t find that comment again

Thanks for any advice.

Owain55
1st Gear

Re: Music Streaming Options B7 RS4

Post by Owain55 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:41 pm

Although, I've just found this for £8. Got to be worth a punt.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aomili-Audio-B ... =1-1-spell

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:33 pm

I fitted a Sony XAV-AX100 with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Solves all your problems, will being the tech into this century and cheaper than an newer RNS-E. It’s all in my build thread if it helps you. I have also had an Alpine ILX-700 and a Pioneer SPH-DA something in the past too.

Cheers :thumbs:

Owain55
1st Gear

Post by Owain55 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:16 am

Another option which I started looking at last night is to swap the CD changer for the Audi iPod dock (there’s a few on ebay for £25) and then use a 30 pin Bluetooth receiver. People have discussed using Tune2air but they are about £100 and there are many much cheaper alternatives available. Is it only the tune2air that is compatible?

Owain55
1st Gear

Post by Owain55 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:17 am

FrazerD wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:33 pm
I fitted a Sony XAV-AX100 with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Solves all your problems, will being the tech into this century and cheaper than an newer RNS-E. It’s all in my build thread if it helps you. I have also had an Alpine ILX-700 and a Pioneer SPH-DA something in the past too.

Cheers :thumbs:
Thanks Frazer, I will have a look at that.

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:08 am

Cheapo option AUX
Your dealer can enable the AUX function on you RNSE and you can buy a connector from eBay for peanuts. You can play your music and control it via your phone and not the RNSE other than basic functions.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

George
Neutral

Post by George » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:35 pm

Consider this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/adapter-Blueto ... B00DVENMWK

I have couple of friends which got it and they are happy with it

Owain55
1st Gear

Post by Owain55 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:55 pm

In the end I opted for replacing the cd changer and a tune2air. Pleased with it and the ease of connectivity.

Myth
1st Gear

Post by Myth » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:07 pm

Has anyone tried fitting one of these ? Dension Gateway Lite BT GBL3AI2/A2DP Non-Text Audi IPod IPhone/USB/AUX/Bluetooth Interface Adaptor. Would it work on a RNS-E navigation plus just to Bluetooth music ?

Return to “Electrical”