RNSE won’t let me enter code

Discussion forum for ICE, Security, SatNav, etc....
Sheldo
Neutral

RNSE won’t let me enter code

Post by Sheldo » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:51 pm

Looking for some advice folks.

Just bought an RNSE (193 G) from EBay to upgrade the standard 192 Q system in my B7 RS4.

Upon powering the system up it comes up asking for the code, but as soon as I try to put the code in it doesn’t allow it, the scroll wheel allows me to highlight 0-9 and OK, but if I click on any of them it does nothing.

Firstly, I presume I am right in thinking you click the bigger of the scroll wheels inward when selecting a number? (As you would when selecting a radio station or something)

And if that is the case does anyone know why it wouldn’t be accepting the input? It makes the physical noise of the button clicking but has no affect on screen.

Thanks

Sheldo
Neutral

Re: RNSE won’t let me enter code

Post by Sheldo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:56 pm

I took the system to bits to try and self diagnose it and it’s a ribbon cable that goes between the rotary switch and the PCB of the front panel. It’s obviously been faceplate swapped at some point and whenever they have reassembled it they haven’t located the cable correctly and it’s been punctured through the middle by a locating pin, not once but twice. :bash:

Return to “Electrical”