RS4 B8 audio upgrade options?

Discussion forum for ICE, Security, SatNav, etc....
was009
Neutral

RS4 B8 audio upgrade options?

Post by was009 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:25 am

First of all I'm not going to complain here that the audio is bad or anything ;) I got stock Bang & Olufsen set on 2015 RS4. I am looking for a bass upgrade to ease boring highway runs... JLAudio used to make these awesome stealthboxes (link for your reference, I'm not advertising anything, just pointing out a quality product) that combine OEM fit with powerfull kick - I used to have one of those in my Ford Edge Sport, but JLAudio doesn't make anything custom fit for Audi.

Is there any made to fit aftermarket upgrade available to my B&O system? I don't want to carry a standalone subwoofer in my trunk, I'm looking to retain the OEM looks.

Shinobi675
5th Gear

Re: RS4 B8 audio upgrade options?

Post by Shinobi675 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:29 am

Did you find anything with this. My dab sounds like the front tweeters are popped!
996 C4S, B8 RS4, CBR600RR & a little ZXR400

was009
Neutral

Post by was009 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:22 am

...at the moment I am actually considering getting an aftermarket sub and fabricating some good looking connector port just to be able to quickly disconnect it when needed. The amp can be nicely fitted under the trunk floor or even next to the oem audio system behind the rear wheel... When I saw how little space there is to fit anything behind the right rear wheel, I gave up the "oem" approach. It wont have enough kick if I squeeze anything there...

:blackrs4:

was009
Neutral

Post by was009 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:51 am

so I ended up refactoring a 450W amp with pioneer subwoofer (all off the shelf components, not much fabrication can be done in the middle of the desert where I live).

The good thing is that installation does not require any tricky cable routing or disassembly of any plastics - everything is in the back, easily accessible. I failed to fit the AMP in-between the original ones (it didnt fit), but I found a place for it (not too elegant, but does the job).

Too big:

this guy made it right - I used his guidance - I tried even to plug into original harness, but with high input available in my amp, I simply used OEM's subwoofer connector as my sound source.

That's what I did:

It makes much more noise than I need, actually ;) And I can remove it whenever I want to carry something really large in my trunk:

Return to “Electrical”