New B7 RS4 Owner, wanting to install Bluetooth stream

Discussion forum for ICE, Security, SatNav, etc....
shaun_ccxr
Neutral

New B7 RS4 Owner, wanting to install Bluetooth stream

Post by shaun_ccxr » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:12 pm

Hello all,

I just bought a B7 RS4 Avant and absolutely enjoy it, however the car I got came with it the RNS-E or Bluetooth, it was just with the basic media and Bose speakers

However I would like to install a Bluetooth hand free system and Bluetooth audio stream / line in connection

Anyone here can recommand should I retrofit or any better system I can use nowadays? Thanks

Shaun
2001 B5 RS4 Imola Yellow | 2007 B7 RS4 Avant Sprint Blue
2010 Ford Focus RS MK2 | 2016 Ford Focus RS MK3
2017 VW Golf GTi Clubsport S

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: New B7 RS4 Owner, wanting to install Bluetooth stream

Post by Surrey Sam » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Welcome, looks like you've got a few warning lights to sort out there.

You could retrofit an RNSe and Bluetooth telephone module but that will not give you the ability to stream music via BT as the OEM system doesn't support it. If you fitted a mk2 2010+ RNSe you could then have an AMI module connected and have an Apple device or a USB hard drive connected, this would also give you track info in your driver information display.

Some other members run 3rd party devices and should be able to give you more info on those. These will be more cost effective I'd imagine.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

shaun_ccxr
Neutral

Post by shaun_ccxr » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:38 pm

Thanks for the remainder.
The picture was from a friend not my car but just to show the system I have in my car.

Are there any links to those components?

Thanks
2001 B5 RS4 Imola Yellow | 2007 B7 RS4 Avant Sprint Blue
2010 Ford Focus RS MK2 | 2016 Ford Focus RS MK3
2017 VW Golf GTi Clubsport S

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:09 pm

These would be the people to speak with regarding retrofitting the items to your car. They are well regarded on here.

Link - http://hazzydayz.com/
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:15 pm

If you go the route of installing the AMI module, you can get a device such as a "tune2air" that plugs into the iPod connection and allows Bluetooth streaming from your phone.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Stevie1982
2nd Gear

Post by Stevie1982 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:32 am

So new to this and sorry to the op for a slight hijack, been reading up and getting more confused regarding streaming.

I currently have a 57 plate rs4 with phone doc on the centre console, sat nav plus, 6 cm changer in the glove box and according to the for sale ad the car has an icon connector, what I can figure out is what I'll actually require to get my Android phone to work.

can you get an AMI unit to work with a mk1 rnse or is it only compatible with the mk2?

I've seen AMI modules/units for £125-£165

As well as £10 AMI cables which look to fit Apple product

Then there's a Viseoo Bluetooth cable

Do I need all three, is there anything else I am missing and can it be fitted to the mk1 rnse

Cheers

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:40 am

I can't answer all your questions as I don't stream through head unit. But I can tell you that the AMI only works with the later RNS-E. The AMI cables plug into the AMI unit (but I think it is just a USB connection on the RNS-E AMI). Some later cars had proprietary AMI connectors that required Audi AMI cable to plug an ipod into.
Assuming you have the earlier RNS-E (which was the only one available from factory) then you will need one of the other bluetooth type options that someone else will be able to tell you more about (or doa search on here for bluetooth streaming) or plug your phone into an aftermarket aux socket that can be fitted to the RNS-E.

Stevie1982
2nd Gear

Post by Stevie1982 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:44 am

Thanks for the reply. Ok well I definatley have the factory unit so a not a mk2 unit upgrade.

I only picked the car up yesterday and it's meant to have a ipod connector so I'll try to dig that out, assume from the Bluetooth adapters plug into the 30 pin connectors

Stevie1982
2nd Gear

Post by Stevie1982 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:05 pm

Managed to get hold of a genuine Audi ipod dock that replaces the Cd changer in the glove box (don't use cd's so no drama) for free. Bought a Viseoo tune2air and plugged it directly in where the ipod would go and connected straight away. Yes the head unit is dated and will get something newer at some point however it'll do me for now as I can stream from my phone

SeikoKid
Neutral

Post by SeikoKid » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:44 pm

Hi, I know this post is a couple years old but have there been any recent advances in products that can be used for streaming iPhones to the Audi Navigation Plus 2 Gen Model in a 2007 model ?

I can see there is a unit that plugs into the iPod lead from head unit . has this been improved ?

Myth
1st Gear

Post by Myth » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:29 pm

I m looking for somthing also. I'm not sure yet but take a look at this Dension Gateway Lite BT GBL3AI2/A2DP Non-Text Audi IPod IPhone/USB/AUX/Bluetooth Interface Adaptor they cost around £100 but I'm not sure how compatable they are for my 2006 model RNS-E

Return to “Electrical”