RNSE wont update firmware

Discussion forum for ICE, Security, SatNav, etc....
epGenti
Neutral

Re: RNSE wont update firmware

Post by epGenti » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:45 pm

I really have a problem with the update too, my software version shows sw : x

epGenti
Neutral

Post by epGenti » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:48 pm

epGenti wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:45 pm
I really have a problem with the update too, my software version shows sw : x i tried upgrading it with an original audi dvd but it don't want to upgrade, I download ed 0650 (only the firmware) burned it in a verbatim cd and dvd too but it shows on screen '' software update 0650 cd/dvd'' but I doesn't upgrade the software, it is always sw : x

MotoringMan
Neutral

Post by MotoringMan » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:46 am

Hey Guys,

It's an old thread but Interesting and I'm another guy with an old RNS-E system in need of knowledge and some expertise.

Let me start with I'm located in the US with a 2008 RS4 and a RNS-E (see attached photos) and doing everything I can to keep the stock head unit.

Trying to add a aux-in option to use my iPhone, my research mostly lead me to mr-fix and I guess it works fine on European systems but, I was unsuccessful at changing coding (second to the last digit +4) and this was several attempts. I'm under the impression that I may need a firmware update of some sort.

My questions are.
1. Would these disc updates work on US market cars and is there a newer version available (2020). And is this a plug and play install.
2. Will this update give the AUX option on screen.
3. Where could a find a disc and does anyone know if there's someone stateside fixing these issues.

I've installed already installed a aux-in cable to the 6, 21 and 22 pins

Thank you
Attachments
IMG_3796.jpg
IMG_3787 2.jpg

Return to “Electrical”