RNSE / IMA+ / AMI - possible?

Discussion forum for ICE, Security, SatNav, etc....
RossDagley
Top Gear

RNSE / IMA+ / AMI - possible?

Post by RossDagley » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi guys

I currently have a led rnse with kufatec IMA+ (using both inputs - one for apple TV and one for auto-switching reverse camera).

I would like to also fit AMI - but of course the IMA+ is already using the AV connector socket on the back of the RNSE. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the combination I want? I guess it would mean buying the AMI and fitting the pins from one connector into the other (perhaps IMA pins into the AMI AV connector).

The same applies for the AV input - I'm hoping that can be added by simply adding the pins for L/R/common G into the AV connector (I haven't checked but am hoping they're not in use by the IMA).

Anyone have any input?
Believe only the man who has nothing to gain from what he says.

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:
Renault Megane R26 - Liquid Yellow - 275ps.
2015 Audi Exclusive RS4 B8 - Merlin Purple - JCWF Exhaust
2009 Audi RS6 C6 - Phantom Black - 730ps MRC Tuned
2008 Audi RS4 B7 - Phantom Black - 449ps MRC Tuned
2002 Peugeot 106 Gti - Mauritius blue - 430ps Home built.

PetrolDave
Cruising

Re: RNSE / IMA+ / AMI - possible?

Post by PetrolDave » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:31 pm

RossDagley wrote:I currently have a led rnse with kufatec IMA+ (using both inputs - one for apple TV and one for auto-switching reverse camera).

I would like to also fit AMI - but of course the IMA+ is already using the AV connector socket on the back of the RNSE. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the combination I want? I guess it would mean buying the AMI and fitting the pins from one connector into the other (perhaps IMA pins into the AMI AV connector).

The same applies for the AV input - I'm hoping that can be added by simply adding the pins for L/R/common G into the AV connector (I haven't checked but am hoping they're not in use by the IMA).
AMI only uses 3 pins in the 32 pin AV connector - Aux Audio L, Aux Audio R and Aux Audio common - so all the other pins (i.e. the ones that are used by the TV tuner or IMA+) are unused.

So the combination of AMI plus IMA+ is 100% do-able, BUT you CANNOT have Aux Audio and AMI because AMI uses the Aux Audio pins.

Since AMI only uses 3 pins I suggest moving the AMI pins into the IMA+ connector as that will be less work.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:05 pm

I was hoping you'd reply.

thanks Dave - really appreciated and exactly what I was looking for :)

Quick question though - I presume it gets it's track info for the DIS etc through canbus then via the main multiplug?
Believe only the man who has nothing to gain from what he says.

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:
Renault Megane R26 - Liquid Yellow - 275ps.
2015 Audi Exclusive RS4 B8 - Merlin Purple - JCWF Exhaust
2009 Audi RS6 C6 - Phantom Black - 730ps MRC Tuned
2008 Audi RS4 B7 - Phantom Black - 449ps MRC Tuned
2002 Peugeot 106 Gti - Mauritius blue - 430ps Home built.

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:42 pm

RossDagley wrote:I presume it gets it's track info for the DIS etc through canbus then via the main multiplug?
Yes, the CAN bus connection is used to control the AMI and to send back the track/album info to the RNS-E.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

Return to “Electrical”