2.2 I5 20v turbo - 220bhp
2.2 I5 20v turbo - 230bhp
PHatS2
Neutral

S2 Brakes Upgrade

Post by PHatS2 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:46 pm

Dear All

S2 Avant owner.

I am looking to upgrade the brakes this year. I have the original 16 inch alloys which are in vgc, and because of this i don't want to loose them for upgrading brakes to 17 or 18 inch alloys that will no doubt be already a costly exercise. Besides the original suit the car very well.

Has anyone out there upgraded their S2 brakes and kept the 16 inch alloys? If so what brake system?

I have read a couple of articles, and it's gone from one extreme to another.

Finally, has anyone had a boost problem where the car nose dives when turbo kicks in. Mine has just started and is intimitant. It happened last week for first time but has not happened again.

Thanks,

PHatS2.

SLC Detailing
4th Gear

Post by SLC Detailing » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:38 pm

Hi mate with regards to brakes, a route most s2 owners have done is the porsche route. On the s2forum.com there is tons of info on this. Speak to a man called BRY he will tell u eveything u need to no and also sells a lot of the stuff very helpful bloke to. Also the nose diving, do u mean a huge hesitation? if so mine has done this twice and both times i cleaned the MAF and this cured it both times. Again huge info on how to clean the MAF and any other possibilities it could be on s2forum.com. Good luck

SLC Detailing
4th Gear

Post by SLC Detailing » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:42 pm

Hi mate with regards to brakes, a route most s2 owners have done is the porsche route. On the s2forum.com there is tons of info on this. Speak to a man called BRY he will tell u eveything u need to no and also sells a lot of the stuff very helpful bloke to. Also the nose diving, do u mean a huge hesitation? if so mine has done this twice and both times i cleaned the MAF and this cured it both times. Again huge info on how to clean the MAF and any other possibilities it could be on s2forum.com. Good luck

BRY
Neutral

Post by BRY » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:22 pm

That would be me then.
Drop me a pm if you want any more info, I'm in Yorkshire BTW

Emp2k
Neutral

Post by Emp2k » Thu May 20, 2010 12:25 am

Porsche 996carrera2 calipers and A8 312mm discs should clear the wheel if i remeber correctly.

And yes bry is the man for theese kind of things as i have gatherd from s2forum :)

Return to “S2”