Anyone know this car ?

3.0 V6 24v turbo - 349 bhp
liffy99
2nd Gear

Anyone know this car ?

Post by liffy99 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:51 pm

KM66 XCZ - a 2017 model S5 Coupe in Daytona Grey.
Went to see this at a main dealer - 51k on the clock, one of the very early B9 models but probably a ‘launch’ car as it has just about every option bar a sunroof ( all the big ones - comfort and sound, matrix lights, hud, ambient lighting, sports diff, dynamic steering, virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise and more).
Ran pretty nicely but bodywork was just so-so ( lightly kerbed alloys, light scuffs, especially on the rear boot sill that will probably polish out but also a rusting stone chip on a rear wheel arch). Dealer would sort most of this out.
It’s the first B9 I’ve tried and it is certainly a generation on from my supercharged S4, but I wonder if it’s for me. A classic head and heart thing - head says its the more practical, comfortable, refined car, heart may still be craving something a little more ‘sports car’.
I did take a pew in a new TT just to try for size. At 6’3” it’s cosy but you feel like you really are in a cockpit rather than simply in a car. But left leg rubs against the centre console - there’s little flexibility in adjusting the driving position with the seat all the way back already.
Hmmmmm, what to do.

Return to “S5 (B9) 2017-”