Any possible relaxing of car configurations?

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 591 bhp
Technoholic
Neutral

Any possible relaxing of car configurations?

Post by Technoholic » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:32 pm

I've got a fully loaded Vorspung on order, I think I ticked every box except ceramic brakes, but that's not saying much as there are not many boxes to tick!

I went for a Vorsprung as I really want a pan roof, but I'm not all that keen on the uprated suspension on the Vorsprungs, I much preferred the comfort of the air on the carbon black RS7 I used to have. My alternative if to spec up a Carbon Black and order that but with the configurator as it is now, you can't add a Pan roof to anything and in fact Audi are restricting them to Vorsprung models across all their line up as far as I know.

Does anyone know when it's likely these restrictions might loosen up a little? I'd consider cancelling my order and reordering if I could get the combination I want.

Unless of course anyone can tell me the suspension in the Vorsprung in comfort mode is actually ok? From the short drive I had, it felt much firmer than comfort in the RS7, but if it was comfortable "enough" maybe I could live with it...
Last edited by Technoholic on Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

MAVAV
Neutral

Re: Any possible relaxing or car configurations?

Post by MAVAV » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:59 pm

Technoholic wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:32 pm
Unless of course anyone can tell me the suspension in the Vorsprung in comfort mode is actually ok? From the short drive I had, it felt much firmer than comfort in the RS7, but if it was comfortable "enough" maybe I could live with it...
I went from 20 inch wheels on air in my C7 to 22 inch wheels on DRC in my C8 and I do not find it uncomfortable (in comfort mode). It depends of course on the roads that you drive, but generally its perfectly acceptable and I prefer the DRC as the C8 doesn't wallow as much around the corners. Ask for a longer test drive.

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:27 am

I feel your frustration- I cancelled my first order due to the fact I could not get the spec I wanted.....I had a performance edition c7 and then eventually got over myself (!) and moved to a vorsprung c8. I tend to keep it in comfort mostly and it seems similar to the c7 - that had drc too. Occasionally on certain roads I’ll think it feels hard. Sometimes that’s because it was in RS mode and has then defaulted to auto when I hop back in other times it’s just a bloody awful road !! Overall drc on the 7 and 8 feel similar but the tech on the 2 cars is very different in a good way as far as I’m concerned. Try and get a longer test if you aren’t certain - if you are midlands I can recommend a really good guy

Technoholic
Neutral

Post by Technoholic » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:11 am

Thanks, I'm hoping to get a longer drive this weekend in one, I just wish there was the flexibility but at the moment everything is so delayed that I understand why they can't do it.

charlie360
Neutral

Re: Any possible relaxing of car configurations?

Post by charlie360 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:54 pm

I had a C7 with DRC and then moved to a C7 performance with the standard air suspension and hated it. For some reason I was convinced by the dealer that the standard/air suspension on the C8 was significantly better and so bought that (I also have a pan roof) but I'm not convinced I made the right choice, if I could change now I think I'd go DRC - having siad that, it isn't a sports car so perhaps air suspension is better for all round driving, especially on the shocking country roads in surrey? I think the air suspension on the C8 is better than on the C7 though.

Technoholic
Neutral

Post by Technoholic » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:00 pm

I think that’s the thing, it’s a beast of a car but it’s not an out and out sports car so I’d rather be comfortable most of the time. I had a C8 rs7 for a short while in air and it was so much better than the air on my previous 5 series. Not too wafty but comfortable all round. I’m not saying the DRC is bad but in the short drive I had, it definitely felt much firmer and downright solid in dynamic mode. I will try for the longer drive this weekend and see what I think. But I’m a bit stuck anyway if I want the pan roof (which I do) as that’s only available on the vorsprung

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:45 am

Certainly the drc in dynamic is hard!!!! It’s fine if you are giving it a bit of liberal right foot on some challenging roads as it stays planted but it’s not something I use very often !! Plus the dogs wouldn’t like it ! A bit like you I ended up with a slight compromise on my ideal spec but there was literally zero choice other than to walk away despite writing to Audi UK to moan !!

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”