In a pickle, need to make a decision

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 591 bhp
Technoholic
Neutral

In a pickle, need to make a decision

Post by Technoholic » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:32 pm

Hi all

Long story short, I have a C8 RS7 Carbon Black. I love it but it's also had a number of issues with it, to the point that in the 30 days I've had it, its been in the dealer 24 of them over 3 visits. The dealer is buying it back from me as a rejection so I will be car less this week. I also just sold my R8 so I don't even have a second car to keep me mobile.

IN the meantime, I've been rethinking my situation and feel that the RS6 would be the better and more practical car even though the RS7 had a big boot, it's just not quite shaped well enough for all the kids stuff. I did flirt with the idea of an RSQ8 and drove one at the weekend but although I think it's almost perfect in every way (and the interior is a step up in lots of ways to the 6/7) I realised I don't think I love the whole fast SUV driving position etc, so I'm back to square one.

It's either and RS6 or its competitors. I have some questions about different model year variances. It seems that in 2020, a lot of cars, even Vorsprungs, did not have a heated steering wheel, across the Audi line up. Was this a chip shortage issue? My RS7 doesn't have it even though it should and Audi have told me that in 2020 they removed it from the option list for some reason, before bringing it back. Sound stupid but it's a big deal for me. That leaves me with 2021 and newer.

Also, on the 2021 and newer Vorsprungs, it seems some cars have the advanced parking assist and some don't but in the configurator it doesn't seem to be a configurable option. Anyone know why this is?

Finally, anyone got any tips on a car that might not be listed yet? 2021+, <15k miles, Vorsprung will those extras above, Nardo grey (I think)

Thanks

Michael_JCWS
2nd Gear

Re: In a pickle, need to make a decision

Post by Michael_JCWS » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:17 am

Not sure heated steering was ever an option, certainly my early vorsprung, it was never an option
Current:
2023 RS6 C8 Performance carbon black Vorsprung- Daytona grey

Most recent
2020 RS6 C8 Vorsprung- Nardo grey
2017 RS6 C7 Performance - Daytona grey
2014 BMW M5 F10 - Monte Carlo blue

Technoholic
Neutral

Post by Technoholic » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:20 am

Definitely standard fit in all models except base spec from MY21. I used it myself on some of the many test drives I’ve been on

Gtsr
1st Gear

Post by Gtsr » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:49 pm

You are right. 2020 models didn't have heated SW neither auto parking assistance and runaway display. At least on the 2022 Vorsprung trims they are available and it is "standard" as it can't be unchosen from the configurator.

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”