Towbar and options compatibility

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 591 bhp
JampoTT
1st Gear

Towbar and options compatibility

Post by JampoTT » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi all,

Current (almost fully loaded, ex-press car) RS4 owner, and previously I put 120k miles onto a gorgeous V10 RS6... and although I've skipped a couple of generations, I'm considering jumping back into the RS6 fold.

One of the key reasons I need to change - my RS4 has DRC and therefore I cannot get a towbar fitted, even though pretty much all I want to do with it is a bike rack.

When playing around with the Audi configurator last night, I selected the "Comfort and Sound Pack", as I really want cameras, B&O, park assistant plus, etc. but then it won't let me select the manual / swivel 'Towing equipment' option. If I do, it wants to delete the pack!

Now I know my RS4 was not compatible with a towbar because of the DRC, but I can't see why the towbar and the park assist / parking aid plus are not cross-compatible. Surely when you have the towing electrics hooked up, the car knows to switch off / adjust sensors accordingly? Madness...

Or am I doing something wrong?

MAVAV
Neutral

Re: Towbar and options compatibility

Post by MAVAV » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:53 pm

Nope you are not doing anything wrong. I've just had a play. The configurator only seems to only allow a tow bar with the comfort and sound pack on the Vorsprung and base editions.

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”