Tailgate issue

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 591 bhp
box
Neutral

Tailgate issue

Post by box » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:20 am

Has anyone had tailgate issue? Today after shopping in the supermarket I had tailgate problem, I can hear the sound from tailgate after pressing button on the gate, on the key and on the door, but the tailgate can not be opened, on the dashboard it shows the tailgate is opened. It was very annoyed that I had to load all the stuff from the folded down back seat and drive back with tailgate open sign on the dashboard. The car I just had for 2 months from brand new, I'm going to call local dealer on Monday to book in to fix it. Has anyone known this issue? Is it a big problem? Any comments will be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

morski
3rd Gear

Re: Tailgate issue

Post by morski » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:51 pm

Does it just 'clunk' and not open or open a tiny bit? Could be the latch mechanism.. not heard of failures on the C7 apart from noisy motor issues
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

mulgeman
Neutral

Post by mulgeman » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:18 pm

May be resolved now, but for any future posters, I had this exact issue on my brand new C8 RS6 after around 500 miles. Diagnosed as a Motor failure which sits hidden off to the side on the tailgate (not the latch as I thought it was). Audi (VW) came out, diagnosed it on the driveway, returned a couple of days later with the part and replaced. All good now.

box
Neutral

Post by box » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:07 am

mulgeman wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:18 pm
May be resolved now, but for any future posters, I had this exact issue on my brand new C8 RS6 after around 500 miles. Diagnosed as a Motor failure which sits hidden off to the side on the tailgate (not the latch as I thought it was). Audi (VW) came out, diagnosed it on the driveway, returned a couple of days later with the part and replaced. All good now.
Hi Mulgeman,

Thanks for the comments.

Yes, I have same electric motor issue which has been fixed within 3 weeks booking time with my local dealer.

Unfortunately, my front passenger door had electric motor failure as well, the door still can be opened when the car is locked. Again, after two weeks waiting time, it has been fixed from my other local dealer.

Audi quality is bringing my concern, it is my first Audi and I don't hope that it is my last.

mulgeman
Neutral

Post by mulgeman » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:59 am

Sounds like they need to re-evaluate their electric motor supplier!

I also had a central locking warning/issue which magically resolved itself. Definitely some gremlins in there...

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”