mikeyw
2nd Gear

Re: Complete loss of power on new RS6

Post by mikeyw » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:23 pm

chunky79 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:56 pm
drhex wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:38 am
If I was doing this work I'd have the general spares on my van no matter if AA supplies them or not.
General spares for what brands? What models?
Do you realise how many manufacturers there are, how many models there are and how many parts are in cars?
You'd have to have an artic lorry! It's impossible to do that.
Plus, who pays for these parts? What if they don't get used.
This is the point though. Audi Assist. You know you are turning out for an Audi. Isn’t it a prerequisite to fulfil this contract to have the means to recover the brand you have contracted to support ? It’s unreasonable to expect your end user to have the means to recover themselves. I want to know the terms of Audi’s engagement with their sub contractors as currently I feel it’s unfit for purpose.

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:52 am

mikeyw wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:23 pm
chunky79 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:56 pm
drhex wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:38 am
If I was doing this work I'd have the general spares on my van no matter if AA supplies them or not.
General spares for what brands? What models?
Do you realise how many manufacturers there are, how many models there are and how many parts are in cars?
You'd have to have an artic lorry! It's impossible to do that.
Plus, who pays for these parts? What if they don't get used.
This is the point though. Audi Assist. You know you are turning out for an Audi. Isn’t it a prerequisite to fulfil this contract to have the means to recover the brand you have contracted to support ? It’s unreasonable to expect your end user to have the means to recover themselves. I want to know the terms of Audi’s engagement with their sub contractors as currently I feel it’s unfit for purpose.
Sorry, was the AA above meant as Audi Assist, not the AA then? I assumed it was the AA.
Even so, there are so many different models and different parts it's hard to know what to stock and have the space to do that.
Promising that you've made progress.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

10biscuits
1st Gear

Post by 10biscuits » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:21 am

Mikey, not a good experience all round.It brought back memories of my run in with the AA.
They are beyond useless and doesn't seem as if they are any better.Back in 2018 in a C7 Perf,due to leave villa in S of France,4 up +a little one,
fully laden,decide to do a walk around the car, screw in rear tyre.
Rang AA obviously explained urgency said they would ring back,they did a day and a half later!!!
I gave up and sorted it myself despite more phone calls to chase them.Luckily the villa owner helped and took me to a local garage who were brilliant,hotel for 4 days,I was running winters all year round then so the tyre was delayed and very expensive.
Complained to the AA who wrote a letter of apology along with a chq for compensation,a peanut chq !

It's slightly disconcerting to read some of the posts on here about the C8,let alone what happened to Mikey.
I have a C8 Vorsprung and have lots of doubts about the build quality but will reserve judgement until the car goes in for it's oil service as my dealer has always been very good,the list is quite long.
My previous two C7s were superb, so maybe something is going wrong at Audi, we will see.

noidea
3rd Gear

Post by noidea » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:56 pm

I understand your frustration fully and this should not happen but I am frustrated at the fact you haven't answered the question about how many miles you had covered on a tank of fuel and how that compared to the range you got on a tank in the C7.
Sorry if I missed this answer so apologies in advance.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:16 am

noidea wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:56 pm
I understand your frustration fully and this should not happen but I am frustrated at the fact you haven't answered the question about how many miles you had covered on a tank of fuel and how that compared to the range you got on a tank in the C7.

C7 from memory was around 370 - as for how many on the c8 I can’t tell you. I didn’t clock the miles the car had on it when I picked it up - delivery miles but it had come from south of the dealer via a stock transfer/swap from another dealer. When it ran out it was showing 185 miles range and a third on the tank. It was my third drive in the car so when I got in after having it parked for 3 days I was focussed on the data in front of me as the overall mileage the car had covered wasn’t something I could use to base my thoughts on anyhow. The c8 range is greater but exactly how much I’m not sure i will ever want to push it that low again !!!! And yes that means it’s back with an appropriate agreement done. Just back from a round trip to London - got nervous at the 185 range mark and will be changing my filling habits

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:40 am

Glad you have it back and are happy with the outcome.

Thought you'd have an idea of the miles though as you were asked the question before you picked it back up, but I'd probably want to keep that to myself too :wink:
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

noidea
3rd Gear

Post by noidea » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:07 pm

mikeyw wrote:
noidea wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:56 pm

C7 from memory was around 370 - as for how many on the c8 I can’t tell you. I didn’t clock the miles the car had on it when I picked it up - delivery miles but it had come from south of the dealer via a stock transfer/swap from another dealer. When it ran out it was showing 185 miles range and a third on the tank. It was my third drive in the car so when I got in after having it parked for 3 days I was focussed on the data in front of me as the overall mileage the car had covered wasn’t something I could use to base my thoughts on anyhow. The c8 range is greater but exactly how much I’m not sure i will ever want to push it that low again !!!! And yes that means it’s back with an appropriate agreement done. Just back from a round trip to London - got nervous at the 185 range mark and will be changing my filling habits
Thanks for the reply and glad you have it back with a good outcome for all.

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:31 pm

Congratulations glad you solved it

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”