Complete loss of power on new RS6

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 591 bhp
morski
3rd Gear

Re: Complete loss of power on new RS6

Post by morski » Mon May 31, 2021 3:54 pm

I think it depends on what you would like.. Your dealer is being very helpful and is willing to hand your old car back to you and if you want to get a different car then you have that option as well as long as you are not out of pocket over this whole situation.
You could get the car back on the agreement if anything major goes bang in the next x months then you reject it. Or continue with the current rejection you have started and see what car you want to be in and take it from there.
As long as the dealer is being willing which you say he is then decide what you personally would like
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

drhex
Neutral

Post by drhex » Mon May 31, 2021 4:22 pm

Just be aware that you'll be charged for using it, i.e. you'll quickly not get your whole money back. If it indeed "just" ran out of fuel and there is nothing else I'd keep it - you'll wait for another one for at least six months and that may then have its own share of gremlins.

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Mon May 31, 2021 10:24 pm

Both good points,

I need clear evidence that there’s nothing else wrong and that the fuel run out hasn’t impacted anything else.

And I need something from Audi Uk about the lack of support on the recovery. I don’t feel it was up to the standards I’d expect for a car like this.

I could go into another Vorsprung but it would have to be from another dealer I would guess as he’s not sitting on new stick, and I dont want to do that.

I’m just pissed off at the issue and how it’s impacted the pleasure of a brand new car.

I’m going to see what Audi respond with tomorrow. There isn’t another car I really want but I just need to see the response before I can get my head round it all,

Dealer is very helpful and I know they will take the pain of any rejection...,

morski
3rd Gear

Post by morski » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:17 am

What if you kept the car on your terms like you said and get them to throw in a 3 year service plan which is worth a lot more to you than to them... unless you already have one?
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:25 pm

Had some contact from Audi Uk - they asked me what I was looking for so I’ve made a suggestion. I’ll keep you posted - it’s a good one though !

Dealer in touch too - waiting for the factory to advise the fix so they can’t do anything until they respond. All very slow but I can’t influence that

drhex
Neutral

Post by drhex » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:58 pm

As long as you're driving their car for free...
Would piss me off if financed as you're paying month by month for not having anything, but if paid outright not so much.

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:53 pm

So my idea of what I would need to keep me smiling and from rejecting the car has turned out to be a non starter.

And the factory have said the fuel tank needs replacing - dealer has ordered it but there’s no parts showing in stock. But they still expect Audi to get the parts over here in about a week. In the meantime they have asked Audi to provide an rs6.....I’m currently in an A6 Avant 2.0 Diesel.

I’m just a bit fed up by it. Not quite how I expected my first 2 weeks of new rs6 ownership !

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:41 am

Why not have the RS back until the parts turn up, but make sure you fill it up with fuel :?:
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

lee551247
Neutral

Post by lee551247 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:08 am

mikeyw wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:25 pm
Had some contact from Audi Uk - they asked me what I was looking for so I’ve made a suggestion. I’ll keep you posted - it’s a good one though !

Dealer in touch too - waiting for the factory to advise the fix so they can’t do anything until they respond. All very slow but I can’t influence that
My experience of Audi UK customer service is rubbish as I had issues with my new RS6 and was without it for a month so had to pay the monthly payment for a car i didn't have. All Audi UK do is talk to the dealer as there attitude is they supply the dealers so its there problem and not Audi UK's despite it coming out of there factory! :audibash:

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:53 pm

chunky79 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:41 am
Why not have the RS back until the parts turn up, but make sure you fill it up with fuel :?:
Must confess I’m thinking about this option - but I was worried there could be other fuel issues ? They have offered an rs4 so might go for that

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:26 am

Things have gone from bad to worse with the response from Audi UK and Audi Assist/TheAA. Was shocked by the lack of empathy and lack of basic customer service amd common decency, respect or fairness, and as a result of this together with a car that was unsafe and unfit for purpose have rejected the vehicle. I drove it 3 times over 4 days and have been without it for almost 3 weeks now.

Dealer being excellent and very supportive and professional. Showing Audi up big time in fact.

I’ve started the process to move my cherished plate back to my original C7 which the dealer is returning to me having kept it off sale, and am waiting for my money to be returned plus costs from Audi UK.

Feel sad and very let down by Audi. What should have been an amazing experience buying a brand new rs6 utterly undermined by a corporate attitude that shows a complete lack of connection to their buyers, my 4th rs purchase, my 7tn Audi and almost certainly my last.

I did just buy a van from the dealer though - they might have lost the rs6 but they have shown that they support and care about their clients which is impressive and appreciated.

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:32 am

Can you just confirm, all it did was run out of fuel.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

drhex
Neutral

Post by drhex » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:06 pm

So what did Audi not do to keep you happy? Your contract is with the dealer anyway (and if you have bought seven cars from him he better be friendly to you). Audi generally doesn't get involved directly to my knowledge.

daytonamart
5th Gear

Post by daytonamart » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:07 pm

chunky79 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:32 am
Can you just confirm, all it did was run out of fuel.
+1
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:40 pm

I’ll put an update on once we’ve got through this next bit. Getting a bit messy and my lawyers are involved now so best I keep my own council. I’m still hoping for a positive outcome

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”