Most recent
2020 RS6 C8 Vorsprung- Nardo grey
2017 RS6 C7 Performance - Daytona grey
2014 BMW M5 F10 - Monte Carlo blue

lem
2nd Gear

Re: RS6 performance

Post by lem » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:37 pm

Just had a call from my dealer. Order books open 8th Dec. Just waiting for the configurator to open then ill decide. Definitely a Vorsprung!

Now what colour..............?
Current:
2024 R8 - Daytona Grey
2023 Mercedes G63 AMG
2022 SQ5 - Grey

Most recent Audi
2020 RS6 Vorsprung - Sebring Black
2017 RS6 Performance - Ascari Blue

Michael_JCWS
2nd Gear

Post by Michael_JCWS » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:39 pm

Hey Lem 👋

The base model seems very well specified

My dealer sent me the following
Stepping up to performance Carbon Black brings:

22-inch wheels in matt black
High-performance Continental Sport Contact 7 285/30 tyres
Matt carbon styling and mirror housing
Dinamica headlining

Carbon Vorsprung models now benefit from:

Night Vision assistant and carbon twill inlays on top of the already generous specification

There must be more to it than that otherwise it’s £18,000 upgrade too vorsprung, for night vision and a bit of styling
Current:
2023 RS6 C8 Performance carbon black Vorsprung- Daytona grey

Most recent

lem
2nd Gear

Post by lem » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:50 pm

Umm agree. Wonder if Ceramics are included or on top. Also interested to see what the new paint palette will be like. Is that Ascari you have spec'ed on the picture?

I am missing a fast wagon and will be very happy to have one back!
Current:
2024 R8 - Daytona Grey
2023 Mercedes G63 AMG
2022 SQ5 - Grey

Most recent Audi
2020 RS6 Vorsprung - Sebring Black
2017 RS6 Performance - Ascari Blue

Michael_JCWS
2nd Gear

Post by Michael_JCWS » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:26 pm

It is

The German configurator sort of works it also has the wheel selections
Current:

Most recent

RS6chris!
Cruising

Post by RS6chris! » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:09 pm

As usual

Audi let down!!…always behind the competition these days

Should be 650 bhp
RS6 C8 carbon black(merlin)
RS6 C8 launch edition
R8 V10 plus
C7 RS6 PE dynamic pack plus
C7 RS6
Porsche Panamera Turbo
C6 RS6 AVANT
RS4 B7
Golf R32 mk 5
BMW M3 E46
Golf R32 mk 5
Golf GTI mk 5
VW Passat 130d 4 motion
VW bora 150pd
Ford Mondeo Ghia X V6
Ford Focus zetec
Rover 214!!

Gtsr
1st Gear

Post by Gtsr » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:37 pm

Amazing news, few questions:
1- Dinamica headlining - is it the alcântara ceiling?
2- B&O Premium System with 3D -are these the speakers that raises from the front?

Michael_JCWS
2nd Gear

Post by Michael_JCWS » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:44 pm

My assumption is yes and yes, but I think we need to wait till the uk configurator.

There’s are YouTube launch video that shows the interior, which looks like Alcantara
Current:

Most recent

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:36 am

Information from my dealer, including orders open 8th December.

Performance as standard in the UK
The RS 6 Avant performance and RS 7 Sportback performance now become the standard offering in their respective model lines in the UK, replacing the current base versions.

RS 6 Avant performance £112,650 (OTR)
RS 6 Avant performance Carbon Black £121,600 (OTR)
RS 6 Avant performance Carbon Vorsprung £130,050 (OTR)

RS 7 Sportback performance £116,305 (OTR)
RS 7 Sportback performance Carbon Black £125,255 (OTR)
RS 7 Sportback performance Carbon Vorsprung £133,705 (OTR)

As a result, there has been an uplift in the level of standard equipment across the range over the current offering.
The entry performance models now benefit from:
1. Bang & Olufsen Premium Sound System with 3D sound
2. Park Assist Pack with park assist plus
3. Head-up display
4. 360-degree cameras and 22-inch wheels in matt grey
Visually, the exterior style package in matt grey is also now standard, while the RS sport exhaust comes finished in gloss black, along with the Audi rings and badges.
The RS design package in either red, blue or grey is now standard along with an Alcantara flat bottom steering wheel. The top speed limit increases to 174mph.

Stepping up to performance Carbon Black brings:
1. 22-inch wheels in matt black
2. High-performance Continental Sport Contact 7 285/30 tyres
3. Matt carbon styling and mirror housing
4. Dinamica headlining

Carbon Vorsprung models now benefit from:
1. Night Vision assistant and carbon twill inlays on top of the already generous specification
2. 22-inch wheels with high-performance tyres
3. The new RS 6 Avant performance and RS 7 Sportback performance roll off the line on standard 22-inch, matt grey alloy wheels with 285/30 R22 section tyres.
4. Performance Carbon Black and performance Carbon Vorsprung editions come as standard with 22-inch lightweight wheels finished in matt black. Inspired by motorsport, the airy 5-Y spoke design aids brake cooling and the lighter rims are manufactured in a high-tech forging-milling process.
5. The new lightweight wheel is around five kilograms lighter than the 22-inch aluminium wheel on the current RS 6 Avant or RS 7 Sportback – this 20kg weight reduction in unsprung masses improves the throttle response.
6. New high-performance Continental ‘Sport Contact 7’ 285/30 tyres, which are part of the new lightweight wheel, play a key role in reducing weight. The tyres offer consistently better grip on both dry and wet roads and reduce understeering when cornering at speed, making for overall more precise handling across the entire speed range. Additionally, the braking distance is up to two meters shorter with the new wheels when braking from 62-0mph.
7. The Audi drive select dynamic handling system lets the driver control the vehicle’s character. Six profiles are available: efficiency, comfort, auto, dynamic, as well as two customizable RS-specific RS1 and RS2 modes.
8. But experience of the driving modes in the performance models is much more unique. For example, the coasting mode now only activates automatically in the efficiency profile, which means in speed ranges up to 99mph, it switches off the combustion engine and coasts with no fuel consumption or drag torque from the engine. Additionally, fine-tuning to the engine control unit software makes for tighter load changes in S mode when the dynamic drive select mode or driving mode S is active. The updated software in the transmission control unit makes for faster shifting times and a noticeably increased spread between the various driving modes.
9. RS Dynamic Package as standard
10. The RS Dynamic Package is standard equipment in the new performance models. This includes the increase in maximum speed to 174mph, dynamic all-wheel steering (the RS-specific software update helps the driver with active steering corrections on the front and rear axles), and the quattro sport differential on the rear axle.
11. The RS Dynamics Package plus is also available as an option, which in addition to the RS Dynamics Package, raises the top speed to 189mph and includes an RS ceramic brake system. Customers can order the calipers in grey, red, or blue and discs measure 440 mm (front) and 370 mm (rear). The RS ceramic brake system weighs a total of approx. 34kg less than its steel counterpart for a reduction of the unsprung masses. This package will be offered at a later date for UK customers.
13. Fresh exterior colours and optics packages
14. The new RS 6 Avant performance and RS 7 Sportback performance are available in a total of 16 exterior colours – for the first time, metallic and matt Ascari Blue and matt Dew Silver are included.
15. The performance models stand out with standard RS exterior components in matt grey, including the exterior mirrors, the front spoiler, the front side flaps, the side sill inserts, the roof rails, and the trim on the side windows and rear diffuser. A matt carbon/black finish is standard on Carbon Black specification and above, in which the roof rails and trim on the side windows are black.
16. Out of the blue: new interior accents and features
17. In the interior, the familiar RS design packages in grey and red have been expanded to include the colour blue. The steering wheel rim in Alcantara black features contrasting stitching in Mercato blue, while the floor mats, the side of the centre console, and the selector lever cuff also come with blue contrasting stitching. The seat belts are full-surface ocean blue with decorative inlays in a carbon twill structure with optional blue accents. The selector lever knob and the side of the centre console are made with Dinamica microfiber, which consists of around 45 percent recycled PET fibres and the sports seats feature high-quality Valcona leather upholstery perforated with honeycomb stitching with contrasting stitching in Mercato blue. Another distinguishing feature is an entrance LED in the front doors that projects the lettering ’RS performance’ onto the ground next to the car.
18. On Carbon Black specification and above, customers benefit from RS design packages in the three available colour variants with optional additional features: door armrests and a centre armrest in Dinamica microfiber. An added benefit of this equipment variant is the seat centre panel with a grey, red, or blue inlay, while the customer’s chosen colour shows through the perforated sports seats and the seat backs feature RS embossing in matching colours.

More powerful and faster than any RS 6 and RS 7 to date: the new Audi RS 6 Avant performance and the RS 7 Sportback performance are bursting with extras that sharpen the models’ appearance and make for a more emotive driving experience. The potent 4.0-litre V8 biturbo TFSI engine now has an output of 630PS and a maximum torque of 850Nm.

The models go on sale on Thursday 8 December 2022. The RS 6 Avant performance and the RS 7 Sportback performance are priced from £112,650 and £116,305, respectively.

At Audi, ‘performance’ means more power. For example, larger turbochargers and an increase in boost pressure from 2.4 to 2.6 bar in the 4.0-litre V8 biturbo TFSI engine that both the RS 6 Avant performance and RS 7 Sportback performance boast, allow an increase of 30PS in engine power and 50Nm more torque compared to the outgoing versions. This means a total increase in power from 600PS to 630PS and in maximum torque from 800Nm to 850Nm. The performance models sprint from 0-62mph in 3.4 seconds, 0.2 seconds faster than the outgoing RS 6/RS 7 base versions.

Yet less is sometimes more: reduced insulation between the engine compartment, the interior, and the rear of the vehicle guarantees the performance duo will thrill customers with an exciting, next-level sound experience – the reduction also makes the car eight kilograms lighter. The RS 6 Avant performance has a total unladen weight of 2,090kg whilst the RS 7 Sportback performance weighs 2,065 kg.

19. The displays of the standard 12.3-inch Audi virtual cockpit plus offer new features including a blinking shift indicator in manual transmission mode which changes the RPM display from green to yellow to red, blinking in a manner identical to that used in motorsport, to indicate the optimal time to change gears. Plus, Launch Control, fully exploits the acceleration potential of the RS 6 Avant performance and the RS 7 Sportback performance by signalling the ideal moment to accelerate off the line, with new traffic light icons.

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:37 am

My Nardo Grey RS6 is literally perfect still and only has 9k miles on it, but will be 3 years old in March 2023. Still very tempted to order the Performance next week, although 2 days of test driving an RS etron GT blew me away and I loved it.

Longy_UK
1st Gear

Post by Longy_UK » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:40 am

That's useful giles - thankyou. And where does the Pano roof fit in? Standard on all now?
C8 RS6 Vorsprung - Tango Red

Longy_UK
1st Gear

Post by Longy_UK » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:58 am

In fact looks like the roof comes in the 'Technology Pack Pro'
  • USB-C ports with charging function in the rear
    Panoramic roof
    Night vision assistant
    Park assist package with remote park assist
    Comfort key
At least we have to pay for the night vision camera to get a sun roof. :bash:

I wonder how much this pack will cost.

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:23 pm

Looking at the massively increased spec for the base performance model I might just go for that as it has pretty much everything I want if I can also select the pano roof.

Longy_UK
1st Gear

Post by Longy_UK » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:45 pm

I'm in two minds.

I have a carbon black on order - now slated for MAY(!!! ffs) build.

I'm not 'in love' with the performance wheels or the over use of the colour in the cabin - it looks a bit naff... The base spec performance has the same list as my standard carbon black with a few options But given that APR's are now wrecked and realistically the +30bhp wont be discernible I'll no doubt sit it out. Unless Audi decide they're not going to make my non performance car for me...

I've already been waiting 7 months!

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:03 pm

My dealer also said that his close Audi sources confirmed that Audi will not be bringing any new petrol or diesel models after 2026 and this will therefore be the last petrol RS6 ever.

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”