Rattle dashboard

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 591 bhp
Gtsr
1st Gear

Rattle dashboard

Post by Gtsr » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:55 pm

Anybody having rattles coming from the dashboard? Mine happens usually when in low speeds, it seems to be coming from the air con screen but not sure exactly.

Jezzer
5th Gear

Re: Rattle dashboard

Post by Jezzer » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:34 pm

Yes mine does as well. My Audi dealer said they have had this on a lot of new Audis and they are able to fix it. It’s where metal fixings behind the MMI screen are vibrating causing a sound resonance. Mine comes and goes but at the moment isn’t getting on my nerves enough for the touch screens having to be pulled out of the dash.
Nardo Grey RS6 Vorsprung 600 PS 2021 model
Nardo Grey RS6 Performance 605 PS. Titanium
Misano Red RS4 B8 450 PS
Phantom Black RS4 B7 444 BHP

10biscuits
1st Gear

Re: Rattle dashboard

Post by 10biscuits » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:07 pm

no rattles yet.
However, what do you all think about the build quality of the C8 ?
Tbh,I'm not that impressed. My MMI stopped working last Thursday, studied the manual when I got home and if you press the volume button just below the A/C screen and hold it for 10 seconds it restarts the MMI and it worked.Great -- but then had to go the whole system again to
get Carplay to work. I just want to get into the bloody car and hear music.Carplay has been constant hassle.
When I picked the car up I noticed the next day that the black trims where the glass meets the doors didn't line up from front to back,both sides of the car.Took it into the dealer,agreed, walked through the showroom there was an A6 waiting to go out,exactly the same on that one
They were going to register a complaint with Audi,haven't heard a thing !!!
The list price on mine was just under £113000,it should be perfect.
I'm also convinced that they have reduced the standard of leather,I've done 3000 miles and the bolster on the driver's seat is creasing already
It took over 2 years in my C7s for that to happen.
Anyway apart from the above it's still fun and I appreciate we all have other things to worry about, particularly since my area has just gone into tier 4 !!

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”