Letter from Privilege declining to offer Renewal!

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 591 bhp
giles
2nd Gear

Letter from Privilege declining to offer Renewal!

Post by giles » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:29 am

As per title, I just received a letter from Privilege “We’re not going to offer to renew your car with us”.

I was pretty shocked, particularly as I have been with them for 20 years and have a multi-car policy too. On top of that have NEVER had a claim.

I can only presume the RS6 has dropped off their underwriting approval list of cars, but even that seems odd.

I called them just now and a helpful guy on the phone looked into it and did tell me that they had just migrated all policies to a new system and it could be an error. However, yes there is a block on my renewal due in just a few days....

There was no reason for this or any note on the file and he therefore is going to have to call me back once he has investigated this with another team.........when do they ever call you back?

Just wondered if anyone had experience of this? A bit crazy particularly as my new March 2020 RS6 now has 1,900 miles on it.....

I would have been less surprised if I had received a letter congratulating me on being their best customer.

Sounds like I might be looking for alternative quotes quickly!

giles
2nd Gear

Re: Letter from Privilege declining to offer Renewal!

Post by giles » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:25 pm

Simple update - Privilege cannot select the new RS6 on their new system as the car doesn’t appear as an option and so cannot renew.

They did me a favour. I just moved the RS6 and our SQ5 to Admiral for less than £700 annual premium on a multi car policy saving me hundreds.....

Anyway hopefully this helps at least one forum member....

10biscuits
1st Gear

Post by 10biscuits » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:33 pm

I know it's too late now but I had the same problem with NFU,they couldn't find the new RS6,despite insuring my previous 2 C7s.
I told them to try inserting Vorsprung and it came up !!!! weird.
Is yours a Vorsprung ? interesting about Admiral.

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:07 pm

Admiral always cheap for new policies. Less sporty for renewal. Policy is so so though.

NFU had been excellent until they gave me a ridiculous quote for F12, and that had to be extracted after several exchanges.

Fast Audis still going missing so that’s a factor for underwriting.

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:52 pm

10biscuits wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:33 pm
I know it's too late now but I had the same problem with NFU,they couldn't find the new RS6,despite insuring my previous 2 C7s.
I told them to try inserting Vorsprung and it came up !!!! weird.
Is yours a Vorsprung ? interesting about Admiral.
Yes tried Vorsprung and everything else. They were already covering my Vorsprung RS6 but couldn’t manage to renew it as it dropped off the list of cars that had migrated to their new system!

Jezzer
5th Gear

Post by Jezzer » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:29 pm

Insured my RS6 Vorsprung with NFU without any problems apart from being a few hundred pounds more than my C7 Performance
Nardo Grey RS6 Vorsprung 600 PS 2021 model
Nardo Grey RS6 Performance 605 PS. Titanium
Misano Red RS4 B8 450 PS
Phantom Black RS4 B7 444 BHP

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”