Finally picked up Vorsprung

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 591 bhp
Paul4321
Neutral

Re: Finally picked up Vorsprung

Post by Paul4321 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:19 pm

lem wrote:I noticed Akrapovic had a post on Instagram today that pre-order of the C8 exhaust system will be available in May....however no price or proper pictures of what it would look like
They're nice but not probably best part of ten grand nice.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:58 pm

Both cars look fantastic. Here is a closer look at the brakes when the detailer took the wheels off mine and took a photo.

mgoliveruk
2nd Gear

Post by mgoliveruk » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:45 am

giles wrote:Both cars look fantastic. Here is a closer look at the brakes when the detailer took the wheels off mine and took a photo.

That picture ought to be framed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mgoliveruk

1999 A4
2001 S3
2004 A4 Cabriolet Silver
2007 A5 3.0 TDI Ibis White
FL 2012 S4 Avant Ibis White, with panda supersports seats
2017 S4 Avant Navarra Blue
2020 RS6 Vorsprung Tango Red

2 5HAN
1st Gear

Post by 2 5HAN » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:24 am

Paul4321 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:57 am
2 5HAN wrote:Apologies meant to post the other day but CoronaMadness and all!

So I managed to collect my car just literally as shut down hit the country.

The car actually arrived in late January but I delayed it till March and took the opportunity to get the detail and wrap sorted as well. It a Vorsprung in Mythos Black but now has a Wet Satin Wrap which I think helps the lines

First impressions are WOW, for a large heavy car you genuinely don’t feel it. I went for the Ceramics and wow they are HUGE.

Haven’t been able to stretch it’s legs fully but you can certainly feel the potential there as well as it’s willingness to get going from any speed and from any gear. The handling is really nicely balanced giving a great road feel.

The driving modes are very easy to use and gives you a massive choice.

The engine shut down whilst driving is strange but I need to learn a bit more about as I’m sure it may be something I can adjust or stop.

I had in my head that I 100% wanted an exhaust however the more I drive it the more I can hear it finding it’s voice. Did a drive by for the kids and a pull away and it’s certainly louder from the outside than the impression it gives you from the cockpit. With the current shutdown I may have learnt to love it by the time making a trip to the garage is reality.

Need to get some miles on it now !
Hi 2 5HAN I'm loving the direction you've went with yours,have you binned the original wheels.i previously had a B9 rs4 in mythos black and I loved the colour when I first got it but found more and more swirls on the paint every time I washed her,and changed the car after only 7 months and lost loads on it.
Its interesting to see the suspension components with the wheel off too,even with your hand there the photo doesn't do it justice regarding the size of the brakes,they are monstrous!!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I’ve kept the original wheels but fitted the Vossen’s for the
time being. They are 22’s but use the identical tyre etc.
May get the originals painted black with the diamond cut finish in time. I have to admit the standard wheel does really look good.
And yep agree those brakes are HUGE!

2 5HAN
1st Gear

Post by 2 5HAN » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:30 am

lem wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:22 am
I noticed Akrapovic had a post on Instagram today that pre-order of the C8 exhaust system will be available in May....however no price or proper pictures of what it would look like
Be interesting to see how much it is when they announce it. I’ve heard that exhausts are more likely to be July time due to current issues.

The exhaust really does sound better and better but it is quiet from the inside of the car and you only really get the sound when you are under load and accelerating.

Not sure how this will change as you get a few thousand miles under the belt.

I guess like the on the Urus the Akrapovic exhaust will make the note louder even on lower revs and also give more presence in the cabin. It also gets louder the more miles you put on it and as the carbon builds up inside.

One thing I’ve notice is that in auto mode you are sometimes pulling away from a junction in third gear with absolutely no effort !

welwynnick
4th Gear

Post by welwynnick » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:14 am

2 5HAN wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:30 am
One thing I’ve notice is that in auto mode you are sometimes pulling away from a junction in third gear with absolutely no effort !
Pulling away from standstill, or just having slowed down?

New auto gearboxes are using higher and higher gears to get engine revs down. Top gear is very high, and where you might have pulled away in second you now pull away in third. And keep the torque convertor clutch engaged as well. All those things tend to cause driveline vibration, but I believe they now use double vibration dampers in the TC to get round that. Everybody wants economy and emissions, but no-one's prepared to lose refinement. In the old days there used to be a pretty rigid mechanical path from the crankshaft to the wheels, but not any more.

Nick

max_b
4th Gear

Post by max_b » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:22 pm

Congrats to all who have collected C8’s.
They look the business :thumb:
Mortgages, Insurance, Financial Matters.....need help....ask away
RS4.....another :-)
Previous - all sorts

lem
2nd Gear

Post by lem » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:11 pm

Agree. Mine rarely drops into first gear. Most junctions are dealt with in second gear. Manual using the paddles is very responsive. Pretty quick changes. It’s proving incredibly refined on a run (not that I have achieved many of those), and when you want to press on it can certainly deliver.

The main thing I have noticed is the ride quality and the responsiveness steering wise. The 4 wheel steering certainly makes a difference and the turn in is fantastic. Only niggle (but most likely user error) is sometimes apple CarPlay takes a while to connect
Current:
2024 R8 - Daytona Grey
2023 Mercedes G63 AMG
2022 SQ5 - Grey

Most recent Audi
2020 RS6 Vorsprung - Sebring Black
2017 RS6 Performance - Ascari Blue

2 5HAN
1st Gear

Post by 2 5HAN » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:06 pm

lem wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:11 pm
Agree. Mine rarely drops into first gear. Most junctions are dealt with in second gear. Manual using the paddles is very responsive. Pretty quick changes. It’s proving incredibly refined on a run (not that I have achieved many of those), and when you want to press on it can certainly deliver.

The main thing I have noticed is the ride quality and the responsiveness steering wise. The 4 wheel steering certainly makes a difference and the turn in is fantastic. Only niggle (but most likely user error) is sometimes apple CarPlay takes a while to connect
Should connect as soon as you enter the car and start up if not just press home and then Apple Car Play, haven’t noticed any lag at all.

welwynnick
4th Gear

Post by welwynnick » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:08 pm

lem wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:11 pm
The main thing I have noticed is the ride quality and the responsiveness steering wise.
You mean the ride is good? Not a headline grabber, but it's not something that many have said about fast Audis before now. It might not be the sportiest big car, but the C8 may yet be the most accomplished all-rounder in it's class.

Nick

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:52 pm

The ride is very smooth, on comfort it nearly feels like an A8 long wheel base chauffeur car.

No understeer at all for me on this new C8. Incredible round country lanes and corners with the all wheel steering.

dilz87
Neutral

Post by dilz87 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:10 am

Congratulations, looks wicked...
Love the rims!
Your lucky, mine was due to be built this week...checked MyAudi earlier and build date has been moved to end of June , 11 week delay :(

2 5HAN wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:36 pm
Apologies meant to post the other day but CoronaMadness and all!

The car actually arrived in late January but I delayed it till March and took the opportunity to get the detail and wrap sorted as well. It a Vorsprung in Mythos Black but now has a Wet Satin Wrap which I think helps the lines

First impressions are WOW, for a large heavy car you genuinely don’t feel it. I went for the Ceramics and wow they are HUGE.

Haven’t been able to stretch it’s legs fully but you can certainly feel the potential there as well as it’s willingness to get going from any speed and from any gear. The handling is really nicely balanced giving a great road feel.

The engine shut down whilst driving is strange but I need to learn a bit more about as I’m sure it may be something I can adjust or stop.

I had in my head that I 100% wanted an exhaust however the more I drive it the more I can hear it finding it’s voice. Did a drive by for the kids and a pull away and it’s certainly louder from the outside than the impression it gives you from the cockpit. With the current shutdown I may have learnt to love it by the time making a trip to the garage is reality.

RS6chris!
Cruising

Post by RS6chris! » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:29 pm

Agreed regards comments on ride and handing even on 22,s!!

Best RS product I’ve had without a doubt.

And that includes x 3 previous RS6.
RS6 C8 carbon black(merlin)
RS6 C8 launch edition
R8 V10 plus
C7 RS6 PE dynamic pack plus
C7 RS6
Porsche Panamera Turbo
C6 RS6 AVANT
RS4 B7
Golf R32 mk 5
BMW M3 E46
Golf R32 mk 5
Golf GTI mk 5
VW Passat 130d 4 motion
VW bora 150pd
Ford Mondeo Ghia X V6
Ford Focus zetec
Rover 214!!

2 5HAN
1st Gear

Post by 2 5HAN » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:40 am

dilz87 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:10 am
Congratulations, looks wicked...
Love the rims!
Your lucky, mine was due to be built this week...checked MyAudi earlier and build date has been moved to end of June , 11 week delay :(

Frustrating having to wait but it will be worthwhile I’m sure. I’m guessing with Europe firing back into action the schedule could move forward. Be interesting to see when the dealers in the UK open up?
2 5HAN wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:36 pm
Apologies meant to post the other day but CoronaMadness and all!

Jangobipbip
Neutral

Post by Jangobipbip » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:48 am

Delayed too.
Was sensed to be delivered Week 17 in Germany.
Car has no prod number, so not been built yet.
I wait for a new potential delivery date, all depending of the evo of the situation of course, so almost no idea.

If they give me informations later, i'll share it

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”