Collected today

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 591 bhp
giles
2nd Gear

Re: Collected today

Post by giles » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:43 pm

lem wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:45 pm
You wont be disappointed. One week in and with this weather I have realised there isn’t much point to point that matches it. Drove it back to the dealer today in horrendous rain and it remained bloody quick and sure footed all the way.

Mines back at the dealer as I’m having the wheels changed from the titanium finish to the black and silver finish of the Carbon edition. Was potentially something i was going to do, and made the decision today. With everything else black on the car the black wheels will blend more than the titanium ones on it now.

Get it back next week. So far its impressing me more each day.

However....I have requested if they do a Performance model then id like to be on the list for that!
Good call. Black wheels on yours will be great.

Are you buying a new set of the black wheels or coating yours? Interested as mine is a Nardo Grey Vorsprung and obviously couldn’t get the black wheels either and might want to change them. The titanium might be ok with Nardo but I would have chosen Black if it was an option.

lem
2nd Gear

Post by lem » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:42 pm

Coating them. Dealer is sending them to their preferred wheel company in Milton Keynes and coating them to the same spec as the black / launch edition. Only thing I loose is the ‘Audi Sport’ logo which is on the current wheels next to the valve. They cant reproduce that.

I did enquiry about a new set of wheels.....but the price was bloody ridiculous, so I’ve gone for the repaint option. Ive even considered going for full black but that would be the next stage, as if I do that its difficult to change back. They are black with diamond cut so be good to see how they look. If it had been an option when I ordered they would have definitely been my choice but as you know, the spec is limited when choosing
Current:
2024 R8 - Daytona Grey
2023 Mercedes G63 AMG
2022 SQ5 - Grey

Most recent Audi
2020 RS6 Vorsprung - Sebring Black
2017 RS6 Performance - Ascari Blue

lem
2nd Gear

Post by lem » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:43 pm

If your interested i can let you know how much it costs when I get it back next week?
Current:
2024 R8 - Daytona Grey
2023 Mercedes G63 AMG
2022 SQ5 - Grey

Most recent Audi

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:25 am

lem wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:43 pm
If your interested i can let you know how much it costs when I get it back next week?
That would be great please. My dealer has offered to have mine coated (at a price) as they know how disappointed I was that I could choose the black wheels.

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:26 am

I guess I could even get them to coat them before I pick the car up.

max_b
4th Gear

Post by max_b » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:25 am

Lovely, many congratulations :thumbs:
I bet you can’t wait to get it back
Mortgages, Insurance, Financial Matters.....need help....ask away
RS4.....another :-)
Previous - all sorts

lem
2nd Gear

Post by lem » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:17 pm

Its back! Now with black wheels. Personally I think the black wheels look better with the rest of it black. Bit of a shame I couldn't have order them black in the first place! :bash:
Attachments
IMG_0264.JPG
Current:
2024 R8 - Daytona Grey
2023 Mercedes G63 AMG
2022 SQ5 - Grey

Most recent Audi

noidea
3rd Gear

Post by noidea » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:56 pm

lem wrote:Its back! Now with black wheels. Personally I think the black wheels look better with the rest of it black. Bit of a shame I couldn't have order them black in the first place! :bash:
They look really good, were they titanium and diamond cut then?
I find it really bizarre the choices at the moment or lack of them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

lem
2nd Gear

Post by lem » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:08 pm

No titanium and silver. They were not diamond cut. The black ones are and suit the car much more. Exhaust next!
Current:
2024 R8 - Daytona Grey
2023 Mercedes G63 AMG
2022 SQ5 - Grey

Most recent Audi

box
Neutral

Post by box » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:31 pm

lem wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:43 pm
Hi Lem,

Could you please share the cost of PPF and coating the wheels. I’m about to buy a Audi stock brand new rs6, I would like to know a rough cost of PPF and wheel coating then I know how to negotiate with the dealer. Thank you very much.

lem
2nd Gear

Post by lem » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:02 pm

Hi, just checked back on the invoices.

Machine polish followed by Full PPF, every exterior panel of the car surface bar the windows/ roof. Full exterior and interior Gtechniq protection, including wheels, brake callipers and all the PPF, collection and return to dealer was £4400.

Wheels were done by the dealer, £400 for all 4.

Looked at loads of PPF people, including Topaz, who have done a few of my cars before, and were bloody expensive but did a good job but landed on someone local to the dealer. 14 months on it’s still perfect with no issues with PPF at all

https://youtu.be/vQH9C_WtNbk

Still pleased the PPF company used it on their website

It’s not a cheap car to do, as it’s a big car, but you don’t need to have the whole car done, but for my piece of mind I’m pleased it’s all protected, especially as it’s black!
Current:
2024 R8 - Daytona Grey
2023 Mercedes G63 AMG
2022 SQ5 - Grey

Most recent Audi

box
Neutral

Post by box » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:02 pm

lem wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:02 pm

Machine polish followed by Full PPF, every exterior panel of the car surface bar the windows/ roof. Full exterior and interior Gtechniq protection, including wheels, brake callipers and all the PPF, collection and return to dealer was £4400.

Looked at loads of PPF people, including Topaz, who have done a few of my cars before, and were bloody expensive but did a good job but landed on someone local to the dealer. 14 months on it’s still perfect with no issues with PPF at all

It’s not a cheap car to do, as it’s a big car, but you don’t need to have the whole car done, but for my piece of mind I’m pleased it’s all protected, especially as it’s black!
Hi,

Thank you so much for such useful information, they are much appreciated.

Yes, it is true that they are not cheap, hope it is worthy if the car is being kept for longer period.

Million thanks again.

Nige_RS4
Cruising

Post by Nige_RS4 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:39 am

Here's some videos from the evil gt chaps;
Milltek - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaP5ekwRtbM
Akra - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8knrS1iSfuU
www.speedcams.co.uk

B5 2.7t S4 - gone
B5 2.7t RS4 - gone
Ed 30 Golf DSG - gone
A5 3.0tdi - gone within 12 months!
S3 2.0 tfsi - 6+ years, but now sold
2018 Golf R 7.5

Gtsr
1st Gear

Post by Gtsr » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:23 pm

lem wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:02 pm

Hey Lem, where did you do the ppf and the wheels? Did the dealer arranged it for you?

I have used Topaz before. Did you feel the ppf you used similar in quality to Topaz? What about the job before the ppf where they remove any defects or scratches on the painting?

Sorry for these many questions as I also find Topaz very expensive and would like alternatives.

lem
2nd Gear

Post by lem » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:27 am

PPF was done by a company called Jules Sturgess, in Cambridgeshire, which I arranged myself and car was collected and returned via covered trailer from Cambridge Audi. Wheels were sorted by the dealer

Quality is at least as good as Topaz, but I think the edges and some of the more intricate bits is actually better than Topaz. Job before the PPF was great too, full machine polish etc. I asked the dealer not to touch the paintwork on the car, so it went to the PPF fitter still covered in the transport Stickers etc

I’ve used a company called Reep before, and they also do a good job and do a lot of work for the Sytner group. I’ve also used a company called Max Protect on a couple of previous cars.

Topaz are good, but I think there is more competition now who are just as good. I plan to use Jules Sturgess on my next car
Current:
2024 R8 - Daytona Grey
2023 Mercedes G63 AMG
2022 SQ5 - Grey

Most recent Audi

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”