Black Launch Edition at my dealer

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 591 bhp
N13LXC
3rd Gear

Re: Black Launch Edition at my dealer

Post by N13LXC » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:43 pm

Afsimba wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:00 pm
Hi Neil not seen you in wee while ! How’s things ? You tempted then ? Sold my c7 just over a month ago ! Audi were the usual no help at all over a decent deal so after 3 Rs cars bought a new M4
Hi Mate,

Yeah been off the forum for a while, moved job a couple of times and moved brand in to Porsche...Love the 911, it does work in all weather, but I'm not keen on the beating it takes for sitting behind traffic, so stick to the Q5 when it's grim out! I also don't like them being so mileage sensitive...5k a year seems to be the level.

M4 must take some getting used to since the RS6? drove one a while back, had great fun for a day, then decided M4 plus Scottish weather wasn't the combo I needed...

You still at Fishcross?
Current: 991.2 GTS, Q5 Sline 45TFSI
Mrs Car: A220d AMG line
My Previous (All Gone/Going):Macan Turbo PP, c350e, Golf GTD, B8 RS4 Nogaro, VW Tiguan, 8V S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI Mk6, VW Golf GTTDI Mk4, Clio 197, TT Roadster 1.8T (163), Clio 182, Megane, Clio, Astra

Afsimba
3rd Gear

Post by Afsimba » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:49 pm

Yeah mate after 2 RS4’s and a 6 and Subaru’s prior p1 then Rb 320 had 4wd cars for 20 years fortunately my car doesn’t move much as u know and growing to appreciate the grip I had ! Tried in vain to get deal outa several Audi dealers to no avail nearly bought last of old shape r8 v10 lush and new 4 but they could t a cared less about keeping my business i’m Just a joiner as u know with not a bottomless pit of money and work hard and sometimes it’s a struggle having the cars I love but my immaculate 6 just serviced with not a mark or stone chip an 18k miles Audi offered me 42 k Bmw gave me 48 an sold it in a week Audi offered me 8.9 apr on pre reg bm gave me 2.9 Audi wouldn’t discount bm gave me 20 k off and ordered with competition pack carbon everything and ultimate pack know M4 is a run out but so is the rs4 and 5 new a4 soon just couldn’t find the funds to justify Audi yes learning to drive again and loved my Audi’s not the dealers but was right car at price I could afford and a good deal don’t rely on it for work an my girl still has S3 and the van for work odds an ends don’t like silly things steering wheel an too many buttons but on the right road an day torque is phenomenal proper seats that are t an extra head up display I love and a more focused balanced better driving feel car need to get catch up soon ! Hope u get 6 looks immense but outa ma league

Foxy
2nd Gear

Post by Foxy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:58 pm

Not quite sure which thread to post on but interested to know views and experiences. My local dealer have a Nardo laugh car and just after Xmas I pooped in to have a look, a seemingly decent salesman spotted I that I drove up in a C7 RS6 and promptly grabbed me. We had a long look and chat, gave him my details and expressed my interest in a test drive sometime soon.

Fast forward, got an email to say the car won't be registered and is for sale, so I respond to ask for the spec but still to ready to buy and still interested in a test drive (mainly because I think the car is air and my current is DRC). That was three weeks ago, no response, nothing. I know that dealers are a right old mix, but seriously, I own a two year old PE and am thinking about a change so what is in the salesman's head? I really don't get it, maybe someone could give me some idea of what on earth happens in the motor trade test days.

N3DXT
Neutral

Post by N3DXT » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:32 pm

They look massively wide, that wouldn't be fitting in my garage thats for sure, fortunately thats not a problem I'm likely to have as I'm about £60k short on one.

Looking forward to seeing a few out on the road.

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:03 am

Foxy wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:58 pm
Not quite sure which thread to post on but interested to know views and experiences. My local dealer have a Nardo laugh car and just after Xmas I pooped in to have a look, a seemingly decent salesman spotted I that I drove up in a C7 RS6 and promptly grabbed me. We had a long look and chat, gave him my details and expressed my interest in a test drive sometime soon.

Fast forward, got an email to say the car won't be registered and is for sale, so I respond to ask for the spec but still to ready to buy and still interested in a test drive (mainly because I think the car is air and my current is DRC). That was three weeks ago, no response, nothing. I know that dealers are a right old mix, but seriously, I own a two year old PE and am thinking about a change so what is in the salesman's head? I really don't get it, maybe someone could give me some idea of what on earth happens in the motor trade test days.
It is quite amazing how poor the sales service is at a lot of the dealers. They don’t seem proactive or great at following up on customers. I think a lot of people could take over a dealership and double sales pretty quickly simply by providing fantastic customer service.

A friend of mine was in his local Audi dealership recently and literally shouted “I want to buy a car” as nobody had approached him for 15 minutes. All the sales guys standing around chatting and drinking coffee or sitting with their feet up in the many offices.

However, when you do find a good dealership and a good sales person I reward them with my loyalty which then works out both ways. A lot of luck involved I think.

2 5HAN
1st Gear

Post by 2 5HAN » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:22 am

Couldn’t agree more.
Any dealer worth his salt has sold his “Launch” car already and has a decent wait for new deliveries.
Dealers like the one described above clearly don’t know how to look after customers and hence still have their launch cars stuck with them.
My local dealer is Audi Poole and they couldn’t have been better to deal with. They put my nearest Lamborghini Bentley and Mercedes dealers to shame.

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”