Audi dash cam

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 591 bhp
GregC
Neutral

Re: Audi dash cam

Post by GregC » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:57 am

Waze also warns of potholes a lot of the time which I find really helpful (tend to just leave it on all the time).

I’ve got the UTI on my S5 at present, also ordered to come with my RS6. System works well for me - the only complaints I have are that it beeps to report a crash with hard acceleration sometimes and the standard SD card is teeny (easily replaced with a bigger one though!).

Personally recommend front and rear given it is £499 for front and only an extra £200 to add the rear.

mrmerle
Neutral

Re: Audi dash cam

Post by mrmerle » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:00 pm

I looked into the Audi UTR system when I bought my C7 PE a few months back, at the time (and I don't know if a newer model now exists) feedback on the tech (resolution, night quality) and usability of the app wasn't great. I ended up going for the Black Vue system front and rear (750, so 1080p in res) All in it cost around £530 fitted at TTW Installations in Nottingham.

I never use the radio unless the other half is in the car, now that someone has mentioned it we do get poor DAB reception for local BBC channels so I guess it could be down to the rear camera fitment.

I've found the Black Vue system really good in operation, the motion sensors are very sensitive so if the car is parked up for a while in a public car park you'll come back to dozens of clips of cars or people passing by, starting the car up also sets off the impact sensor, the installers said you can adjust the sensitivity to prevent this but to be honest I'd prefer a 'hair trigger' on it for catching errant car doors or people leaning against the car when parked up. The main annoyance is that the app uses wi-fi to connect to the camera, so in reality, you get in the car, your phone auto-connects to the BlackVue wifi and any subsequent data usage tries to use this connection and times out until you either disconnect from the BlackVue wifi or turn wi-fi off.

As for the reason why I got a camera in the first place, I too had someone reverse into me while I was stationary in a car park, at the time they admitted full liability, but on the day of collecting the car following the relatively minor repairs, the other party changed their story and tried to blame me. Six months later and its going to court...

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”