chandler99
2nd Gear

C8 RS6 Configurator is live guys..

Post by chandler99 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:32 pm

feeltheburn
2nd Gear

Re: C8 RS6 Configurator is live guys..

Post by feeltheburn » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:43 am

Seems like quite a premium on what I spent a while back to get something Of similar spec (all be it with more bhp and much updated tech). I just can’t warm up to the back end of it- the silver “diffuser” surround has an aftermarket stick-on look to me and really catches my eye- the front is awesome but again those satin silver inserts in the lower air intakes just looks off. I am sure that it is a better car in every way to my C7 but not for me without toning down those silver bits. Configurator just seemed to increase the price without any picture update when I picked the carbon option- mind you i don’t like carbon much either.
RS6 C7 (2014), Daytona Pearl, 21" Titanium, On Air, LEDs, Sports Exhaust, Dynamic Steering, Red Calipers, ACC, Top View, Connect, Tints, Rear Side Airbags, Rear heated seats; MP4S

DaytonaMatt
1st Gear

Post by DaytonaMatt » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:25 pm

Oddly I love the base wheels but despise the aluminium external trim. Seems you can’t have one without the other

lem
2nd Gear

Post by lem » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:33 pm

Finalised my spec today at the dealer. They had already held a build slot so just amended what they had put in

Vorsprung Trim
Sebring Black
Black seats with Rock Grey
All options I could bar Ceramics and a tow bar

I know its splitting opinion at the moment and prices are more than the C7....but im looking forward to it!

Audi UK told the dealer Jan for delivery but they said more realistically Feb

Looked at lots of colours including exclusives (which add according to dealer another 6 weeks on the build) but settled on the Sebring. Be good to see what it looks like in the flesh. Dealer said they could powder coat the wheels black for me as well if I wanted but I think Ill wait to see what it looks like when I pick it up before I make that decision.
Current:
2024 R8 - Daytona Grey
2023 Mercedes G63 AMG
2022 SQ5 - Grey

Most recent Audi
2020 RS6 Vorsprung - Sebring Black
2017 RS6 Performance - Ascari Blue

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:51 pm

feeltheburn wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:43 am
I am sure that it is a better car in every way to my C7 but not for me without toning down those silver bits. Configurator just seemed to increase the price without any picture update when I picked the carbon option- mind you i don’t like carbon much either.
It changes the main picture. Look at the roof bars and window trim, they clearly change from alu to black. If you can't see the picture of the car on the screen at the same time try picking either the carbon or vorsprung then scroll up to the main picture and select the base option and see how much the colours change.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:54 pm

There are some bizarre options for sure.
If you want to add the option to have auto dimming mirrors for £150 then you have to also spec the City Assist pack for another £1375. And like wise you can;t spec the City Assist pack without the auto dimming mirrors. So why not just make auto dimming mirrors part of the City assist pack?

lem
2nd Gear

Post by lem » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:36 pm

Agree - I wanted heads up and I cant have it without everything else. Dealer said its something to do with calculating CO2 emissions, which are linked to weight, and Audi have gone with an options packages which allows this to be done more easily.

However this doesn’t make sense as in the EU many of the options are individual so no 2 cars would be the same. He also said Audi UK have gone for the approach that ‘people who spec these cars generally go for most options’, however again I’m not sure that is true.

Heads up was a must for me, and heated rears and a few others which meant I had to go for Vorsprung. 2 other orders are due for finalisation at the dealer and both customers are apparently going for Vorsprung, but it limits choice and pitches the cost up substantially. Then there was the usual conversation about how the Vorsprung will be better for residuals, but again seeing as they haven’t nailed down the finance options yet (and wont for a month or so) im not sure how true this is

It will be interesting to see which spec turns out to be most popular. Also....there seems to be a willingness to offer an incentive to order. Not as massive as on the C7 but im sure if you play dealers off each other then there will be a deal to be had. Although this may mean a bit more of a wait and not the first wave of deliveries
Current:
2024 R8 - Daytona Grey
2023 Mercedes G63 AMG
2022 SQ5 - Grey

Most recent Audi

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:02 pm

The only issue with the vorsprung is that it appears to be wooden dash only and no option for external carbon pack.

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:25 pm

Wooden dash = gash

That’s definitely a resale killer.

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:13 am

Yes. However many configurations I try. I just can’t accept the wooden dash on the Vorsprung with non-black wheels.

All specs lead to the Black Carbon with extras. (Sports exhaust, pan roof and drc).

A shame as I want the cognac leather! So stupid.

Could I live with that wooden dash over carbon fibre??????

chandler99
2nd Gear

Post by chandler99 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:04 am

lem wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:33 pm
Finalised my spec today at the dealer. They had already held a build slot so just amended what they had put in

Vorsprung Trim
Sebring Black

I know its splitting opinion at the moment and prices are more than the C7....but im looking forward to it!

Looked at lots of colours including exclusives (which add according to dealer another 6 weeks on the build) but settled on the Sebring. Be good to see what it looks like in the flesh. Dealer said they could powder coat the wheels black for me as well if I wanted but I think Ill wait to see what it looks like when I pick it up before I make that decision.

looking forward to hearing your first impressions

Markp
5th Gear

Post by Markp » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:04 am

Standard wheels look great to me - and better 35 profile for roads around here. :)

Michael_JCWS
2nd Gear

Post by Michael_JCWS » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:25 am

lem wrote:

Vorsprung Trim
Sebring Black

Hi Lem,

I tried to PM you but it appears stuck in the out box ??? Anyway

I see you place your RS6 order. Do you mind if I ask what dealer you went with ? I’ve my deposit down with Audi Guildford and am just trying to finalise the spec, really struggling with the odd combinations, like you I’ll probably go vorsprung. Have you seen and good pictures of the wood interior, I think it might be the same as in the S6 (not sure why they you can’t have carbon) I’ve currently got an RS6 perfect and really like the carbon interior. Did you manage to see a clear picture of Sebring black and how it differs from mythos?

Cheers
Michael
Current:
2023 RS6 C8 Performance carbon black Vorsprung- Daytona grey

Most recent
2020 RS6 C8 Vorsprung- Nardo grey
2017 RS6 C7 Performance - Daytona grey
2014 BMW M5 F10 - Monte Carlo blue

lem
2nd Gear

Post by lem » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:46 pm

Used Cambridge Audi. Went through lots of colour swatches to finalise the colour but the didn’t have a Sebring one yet so showed options of other blacks it would have elements in

Mythos seems to more towards the red/purple end of the black but Sebring has hints of deep blue, in. It

Saw some pictures at the dealer. I’d have preferred Carbon but the grey in the seats sees to work with it. It’s a very metallic wood grain, so hopefully it won’t loo to bad.

Also went for the full leather so leather on dash, tops of all doors etc
Current:
2024 R8 - Daytona Grey
2023 Mercedes G63 AMG
2022 SQ5 - Grey

Most recent Audi

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:49 pm

Michael_JCWS wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:25 am
lem wrote:

Vorsprung Trim
Sebring Black

Hi Lem,

I tried to PM you but it appears stuck in the out box ??? Anyway

I see you place your RS6 order. Do you mind if I ask what dealer you went with ? I’ve my deposit down with Audi Guildford and am just trying to finalise the spec, really struggling with the odd combinations, like you I’ll probably go vorsprung. Have you seen and good pictures of the wood interior, I think it might be the same as in the S6 (not sure why they you can’t have carbon) I’ve currently got an RS6 perfect and really like the carbon interior. Did you manage to see a clear picture of Sebring black and how it differs from mythos?

Cheers
Michael
The messages look like they are stuck in your outbox but that is normal. They stay there until the recipients has read them.

I have had cars with the previous black pearl colours Phantom Black and Panther Black. Phantom had a slight green fleck when looking at it in the sun and Panther had more purple. I imagine Sebring black will be similar but with a different colour fleck. I'm sure it will be lovely and would be the colour I'd choose.
Mythos is just a straight black metallic.

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”