C8 RS6 Configurator is live guys..

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 591 bhp
MPH1962
Neutral

Re: C8 RS6 Configurator is live guys..

Post by MPH1962 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:59 pm

The head of Audi UK is called Andrew Doyle. I emailed him after my take it or leave it response from Audi Customer Services. The format of all audi uk email addresses is firstname.lastname@audi.co.uk So I will let everyone draw their own conclusions as to his email address as a quick google search will tell you.

I have had a reply from the Executive Office - his team basically.

Very sorry you are an unhappy customer, as per above currently offering the popular options, take your comments on board but nothing we can do right now but will absolutely tell the product team your views and see what happens in the near future. Essentially, wait and see if the customer response is so strong we have to make a few changes.

Like some of you, I have pointed out I could buy an M5 CS for £30k less or an Alpina B5 Touring with literally every extra for £10k less than I would have to pay to buy a Carbon Black, a set of 21” wheels and replacement clear glass to have a car in an acceptable to me. I also told her I was actually trying to buy a car from them and not be driven to a different brand.

The lady concerned did say they have a team who monitors the forums, so this chat plus a few emails too Mr Doyle might help us all out.

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:21 pm

Michael_JCWS wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:46 pm
I'm getting quite frustrated by this as I think you are too. My dealer is very good and they seem to view this as oddly as we do. I had a reply yesterday from Audi, who effectively said that Audi AG have looked at what options are popular and what are not, and are only offering popular ones. My response was, this is a 6 figure car and I dont care about popular, I just want to configure the car I want with the options I want. I have asked for the details of the person in charge of RS products as it makes no sense at all to me from a customer service perspective. I mean, I dont like gloss black, which I think is the only option on the Vorsprung, so If I want carbon black I cant have HUD and a tow bar. FTAF?....its starting to put me off buying it - maybe i'll stick with my C7......
[/quote]

You might find this useful

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/press-contacts

I have had responses from head of UK PR and head of RS in Germany in the past
[/quote]

Thanks - very useful! Audi UK seem to now be washing their hands of this anyhow - ive been told to contact Germany if I still have an issue.....i'm not sure I have the inclination and its looking increasingly likely I wont buy a new one at this time.....how hard can it be to just let you spec the options you want ? They are building them to order so what difference does it make ?

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:44 pm

MPH1962 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:59 pm
The head of Audi UK is called Andrew Doyle. I emailed him after my take it or leave it response from Audi Customer Services. The format of all audi uk email addresses is firstname.lastname@audi.co.uk So I will let everyone draw their own conclusions as to his email address as a quick google search will tell you.

I have had a reply from the Executive Office - his team basically.

Very sorry you are an unhappy customer, as per above currently offering the popular options, take your comments on board but nothing we can do right now but will absolutely tell the product team your views and see what happens in the near future. Essentially, wait and see if the customer response is so strong we have to make a few changes.

Like some of you, I have pointed out I could buy an M5 CS for £30k less or an Alpina B5 Touring with literally every extra for £10k less than I would have to pay to buy a Carbon Black, a set of 21” wheels and replacement clear glass to have a car in an acceptable to me. I also told her I was actually trying to buy a car from them and not be driven to a different brand.

The lady concerned did say they have a team who monitors the forums, so this chat plus a few emails too Mr Doyle might help us all out.
Email to Mr Doyle sent....

zzz
2nd Gear

Post by zzz » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:22 pm

They said to me:
I was sorry to learn that you are having difficulty selecting options for the Audi RS 6 on our configurator.

The specification for this model in the UK may be different to the specifications in other countries; therefore, certain options may not be available. Please accept my apologies for any disappointment this may cause.

I would recommend that you speak with the Sales Team at an Audi Centre, where they can discuss your vehicle requirements and answer any questions you may have.

Contact details for all Audi Centres can be found here:

https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/locate-a-centre.html

Alternatively, if you could advise which your preferred centre is, I would be happy to contact them on your behalf and arrange for a sales person to call you.

I hope this information is helpful and if I can be of any further assistance, please contact me.
At the moment, it reads like the audi centres may be able to circumvent the retail configurator - but given the previous responses in this thread, I may have been punted down the garden path.
I'm time poor and without the certainty of getting exactly what I want, I'm not going to waste time going down.
It's expensive, I don't need a new car, my C7 is still fun, I don't get what I want and when I'm spending this much on a car I just want to be told, yes, no problem. If you put barriers in my way I'm just not going to do it.
If we were asking for some custom nonsense I could understand it, but we're not, we're just asking for full use of the current configurator.

Heden
1st Gear

Post by Heden » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:17 pm

I am a previous RS6 C7 owner who just recently moved back to Sweden. After reading this thread I had a play around on the Swedish configurator, and here they are offering one base configuration and then you can add all options individually (as one would expect).
So the WLTP mumbo jumbo I don't buy for a second as it would be limited across the different markets. Seeing tat Sweden is roughly 1/6 of the UK population, one would assume a larger variety of options would be available due to the larger pool of potential customers.

Hope Audi UK sorts this out for you guys!

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:13 am

My config is nearly complete as I can now have carbon dash on the Vorsprung instead of the faux wood.

However, I still cannot get black wheels on the Vorsprung. Dealer has confirmed it just isn’t possible. Ridiculous as you can buy black wheels and just put them on. What is the problem?

While I am at it why is the carbon dash also costing me £780 to change from the wood when on the basic car it is a choice of either at £780. Ok then can I have the wood parts that presumably are being taken off my car to be replaced with carbon? Of course not.

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:16 am

Getting close to also not bothering to order. Get my C7 detailed and sparkling again and save the cash? Perfectly good car and only 18k miles on it.

I did say to the dealer that it was ridiculous to not choose options you wants on a £100k+ car. Also these are all standard options.

Why can’t you get cognac brown interior in the Carbon Black edition for example? No logic

lem
2nd Gear

Post by lem » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:17 pm

Spoke to my dealer today - confirmed I can now have Carbon trim on my Vorsprung rather than faux wood.

He has changed it on the order. Doesn't think there will be any increase in price to change.

Thanks for the heads up on this Mike :thumbs:
Current:
2024 R8 - Daytona Grey
2023 Mercedes G63 AMG
2022 SQ5 - Grey

Most recent Audi
2020 RS6 Vorsprung - Sebring Black
2017 RS6 Performance - Ascari Blue

Michael_JCWS
2nd Gear

Post by Michael_JCWS » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:06 pm

Customer Configurator now live with carbon twill on vorsprung £780 🤬
Current:
2023 RS6 C8 Performance carbon black Vorsprung- Daytona grey

Most recent
2020 RS6 C8 Vorsprung- Nardo grey
2017 RS6 C7 Performance - Daytona grey
2014 BMW M5 F10 - Monte Carlo blue

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:48 pm

Order placed

Vorsprung
Nardo Grey
Cognac Brown + full leather
Carbon twill interior dash
Red brake calipers

Expected 1st March

Magrillz
Neutral

Post by Magrillz » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:26 pm

Bet you can’t wait, look forward to seeing the pics!
B8 S4 Avant 2010, Ibis White, Sports Diff, MRC Stage 1 444bhp

Moonmonkey831
3rd Gear

Post by Moonmonkey831 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:00 pm

I bet the sports exhaust still gets pitted - something that happened on my RS4 and RS6 performance.

not sure why they insist on making the sports exhaust black as it seems to have this ongoing problem and when you are spending £100k+ on a car you do expect more rather than some bs excuse around roads salts or cleaning regime - these things are meant to be designed to withstand all sorts of weather and snow climates - so its pure BS.

Current: 2017 RS6 Performance in Nardo Grey
Previous: 2014 RS4 in Sepang Blue; 2011 Q5 3.0TDi Sline Plus in Ibis White; 2007 Audi S5 4.2 V8 in Phantom Black; 2006 VW Golf GTi in Tornado Red; 1998 VW Golf 1.9 TDi in Navy Blue; 1988 VW Polo 1.0 in Gold

Tadass910
5th Gear

Post by Tadass910 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:22 pm

giles wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:13 am
However, I still cannot get black wheels on the Vorsprung. Dealer has confirmed it just isn’t possible. Ridiculous as you can buy black wheels and just put them on. What is the problem?
Stupid Audi politics

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:45 pm

Had a call from audi executive team following my email to their MD. I e since sent another email expressing my disappointment that mr Doyle can’t be arsed to talk to his clients..which I also brought up in my call. I was told he’s a very busy man....

And i was told that the configuration I’d like can’t be done but they can’t explain why and won’t explain who made that call.

Then they suggested I bought from Germany

They really don’t get it - or if they do they don’t give a <beep>.

Very disappointing attitude

I can’t at the point see myself buying which is a shame as that was the plan.

Maybe mr Doyle will actually reply personally - I’ll keep trying

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:18 pm

He won’t.....they don’t much care, Audi alongside BMW and Mercedes are interested in volume not service. That demised when the dedicated RS/R8 team did.

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”