giles
2nd Gear

Re: C8 RS6 Configurator is live guys..

Post by giles » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:48 am

RSphantom wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:03 pm
giles wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:13 am

Well I think Audi must be reading some of this or taking notice of the emails their getting as the dealer configurator has already updated the spec slightly on the Vorsprung model. Thankfully now you can have the Carbon Twill interior trim rather than the wood although saying that they want another £780 for it which is a bit naughty as both the Carbon and wood trim are available on the base model at £780 each.

So anybody already ordering a Vorsprung you can get onto the dealer and add the carbon if you want :beerchug:
Thanks that is very helpful. I have asked the dealer for black wheels on the Vorsprung but no confirmation yet.

Michael_JCWS
2nd Gear

Post by Michael_JCWS » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:39 pm

I tweeted Audi, wrote to customer service’s and contacted the head of PR in the UK, so they eventually get the message.

Great news my dealer also confirmed carbon option, it would be very rude if it’s not zero cost option, given the base model with wood and carbon are £780 options.

Apparently residuals will be in place next week so finance numbers should be available. In making the assumption the vorsprung will have the strongest residuals, then plugging in SQ8 @£110k into Audi finance to give me a rough idea!
Current:
2023 RS6 C8 Performance carbon black Vorsprung- Daytona grey

Most recent
2020 RS6 C8 Vorsprung- Nardo grey
2017 RS6 C7 Performance - Daytona grey
2014 BMW M5 F10 - Monte Carlo blue

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:08 pm

Still working on my spec with the dealer and he also confirmed this morning that you can have the carbon twill dash instead of the wood on the Vorsprung. However, you cannot order the Black 22" wheels for the Vorsprung and must have the titanium ones.

Dealer himself thought it was a strange choice of Audi not to allow black wheels on the Vorsprung especially they are the easiest item on the car to change.....

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:09 pm

So far I am looking at

Vorsprung
Nardo Grey
Cognac Brown leather + full leather pack
Carbon twill dash replacing wood
Red calipers

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:54 pm

MPH1962 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:22 am
Clear glass update - based on current C7 spares pricing, my helpful dealer tells me to replace the privacy glass with clear glass pre-delivery would be £1,370 plus c. £750 fitting...I wonder if C8 pricing will be cheaper?

They haven’t offered to store the privacy glass for me in case a subsequent purchaser wants it returned to a “UK Spec car”.
Is that a cost reduction or increase ? you'd think clear would be less.....

MPH1962
Neutral

Post by MPH1962 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:03 pm

It’s an increase. My dealer solution is for me to order, via the spares department, a set of clear glass which will cost c. £2,500 fitted and, if I want them, a set of 21” wheels (? £5-6,000?? They don’t have spares pricing yet) on top of the price of the car which they will fit for me pre-delivery.

I have just received a call back from Audi Customer Services basically saying “sorry, take it or leave it. Nothing we can do. We set the specs based on what most people order. If you feel that strongly why don’t you try and order direct from Germany”

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:20 pm

MPH1962 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:03 pm
It’s an increase. My dealer solution is for me to order, via the spares department, a set of clear glass which will cost c. £2,500 fitted and, if I want them, a set of 21” wheels (? £5-6,000?? They don’t have spares pricing yet) on top of the price of the car which they will fit for me pre-delivery.

I have just received a call back from Audi Customer Services basically saying “sorry, take it or leave it. Nothing we can do. We set the specs based on what most people order. If you feel that strongly why don’t you try and order direct from Germany”
Nice - great way to ensure your continued loyalty !! Maybe we should get together and contact a German dealer (can they supply rhd?) so audi Uk loose the lot! At this price point not being able to have precisely what you want simply isn’t acceptable. For me I’ve no issue with the glass but some of the other specs are just odd. Don’t like gloss black so that kills the Vorsprung but if I go carbon black I can’t have hud or the tow bar. How on earth is there any correlation there ?

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:25 pm

Par for course with Audi now. They lost their way with this a while ago now. The customer service is not befitting of the product.

At this money I’d be looking at Panamera, Lusso/FF or F12 if you don’t need the seats.

Michael_JCWS
2nd Gear

Post by Michael_JCWS » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:07 pm

Just been onto Audi customer services, they assumed the the carbon inlay would be a zero cost option on the vorsprung and are going to confirm with the product team in the morning, so we shall see.
Current:

Most recent

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:24 pm

Michael_JCWS wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:07 pm
Just been onto Audi customer services, they assumed the the carbon inlay would be a zero cost option on the vorsprung and are going to confirm with the product team in the morning, so we shall see.
Dealer added the carbon twill to my Vorsprung and quoted £780 today

Michael_JCWS
2nd Gear

Post by Michael_JCWS » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:41 am

giles wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:24 pm

Dealer added the carbon twill to my Vorsprung and quoted £780 today
Exactly what my dealer said, I guess my point is the £780 is already included in the vorsprung pack as ash wood, Audi have already exposed pricing in the base model.

My question to Audi is what’s the additional £780 for? Is this extra special Audi carbon 😂 an error 🤭 or trying to squeeze another £780 out of customers for nothing 🤔
Current:

Most recent

Stash21
Neutral

Post by Stash21 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:46 am

Audi product management are an absolute joke. And their approach to customer service for early adopters of a six figure car is beyond ridiculous.

I normally alternate between M5 and RS6, however there is limited chance I will be going to the C8 after the F90.

Audi's approach could be understood if we were talking about something as supposedly limited as a GT3, but their approach here is beyond ridiculous when the nearest competition is £30k less, lighter, faster and properly well specced as standard ( full leather, carbon roof, surround view, etc).

I think Audi seriously need to get their <beep> together to sell this beyond the early adopters.

Michael_JCWS
2nd Gear

Post by Michael_JCWS » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:07 am

The alternative for me at the moment is an E63S which is cheaper and better equipped, but strangely you can’t order one ?? Not been able to order an E class since September
Current:

Most recent

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:56 am

Stash21 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:46 am
Audi product management are an absolute joke. And their approach to customer service for early adopters of a six figure car is beyond ridiculous.

I normally alternate between M5 and RS6, however there is limited chance I will be going to the C8 after the F90.

Audi's approach could be understood if we were talking about something as supposedly limited as a GT3, but their approach here is beyond ridiculous when the nearest competition is £30k less, lighter, faster and properly well specced as standard ( full leather, carbon roof, surround view, etc).

I think Audi seriously need to get their <beep> together to sell this beyond the early adopters.
I'm getting quite frustrated by this as I think you are too. My dealer is very good and they seem to view this as oddly as we do. I had a reply yesterday from Audi, who effectively said that Audi AG have looked at what options are popular and what are not, and are only offering popular ones. My response was, this is a 6 figure car and I dont care about popular, I just want to configure the car I want with the options I want. I have asked for the details of the person in charge of RS products as it makes no sense at all to me from a customer service perspective. I mean, I dont like gloss black, which I think is the only option on the Vorsprung, so If I want carbon black I cant have HUD and a tow bar. FTAF?....its starting to put me off buying it - maybe i'll stick with my C7......

Michael_JCWS
2nd Gear

Post by Michael_JCWS » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:46 pm

[/quote]

I'm getting quite frustrated by this as I think you are too. My dealer is very good and they seem to view this as oddly as we do. I had a reply yesterday from Audi, who effectively said that Audi AG have looked at what options are popular and what are not, and are only offering popular ones. My response was, this is a 6 figure car and I dont care about popular, I just want to configure the car I want with the options I want. I have asked for the details of the person in charge of RS products as it makes no sense at all to me from a customer service perspective. I mean, I dont like gloss black, which I think is the only option on the Vorsprung, so If I want carbon black I cant have HUD and a tow bar. FTAF?....its starting to put me off buying it - maybe i'll stick with my C7......
[/quote]

You might find this useful

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/press-contacts

I have had responses from head of UK PR and head of RS in Germany in the past
Current:

Most recent

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”