C8 RS6 Configurator is live guys..

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 591 bhp
MPH1962
Neutral

Re: C8 RS6 Configurator is live guys..

Post by MPH1962 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:57 pm

Mikeyw I am with you.

I have left my order in, even though it’s not what I want. If we have clarity on importing a car post-election, I think I will order another direct from Germany and cancel my UK order. Probably arrive before my 8 April due date too...

But it’s tempting to give up and go Alpina Touring

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:39 am

I have been allocated build week 9. Delivery end of March.

MPH1962
Neutral

Post by MPH1962 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:52 am

New Audi E-Tron Concierge Service

An interactive platform launched on WhatsApp to communicate with Audi for E-Tron owners. “...offers a level of personal service that breaks new ground in the automotive industry.”

Pity the same isn’t true of ordering a new RS6 here in the UK.

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:56 am

Is that advice on where to charge your battery?

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:00 pm

I’ve been working through the configurator again - pondering about not going Vorsprung but just adding the extras separately- but you can’t get the HUD or heated steering wheel by the looks. Obviously you have to keep the aluminium external detail but I’m thinking of Glacier white so it looks ok. I think you can add pretty much everything else and it’s a little less than the Vorsprung and I don’t get the piano black details on the outside that I don’t want.

Carbon pack seems to be the same as the base in terms of the things you can’t have ......

Ironic when the configurator says:

“Choose additional options

Specify additional equipment and features that complete your new Audi, so it’s exactly as you want.”

Exactly as I want - Humm wonder if I can get them for false advertising and misleading claims ?

Foxy
2nd Gear

Post by Foxy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:12 pm

mikeyw wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:00 pm
I’ve been working through the configurator again - pondering about not going Vorsprung but just adding the extras separately- but you can’t get the HUD or heated steering wheel by the looks. Obviously you have to keep the aluminium external detail but I’m thinking of Glacier white so it looks ok. I think you can add pretty much everything else and it’s a little less than the Vorsprung and I don’t get the piano black details on the outside that I don’t want.

Carbon pack seems to be the same as the base in terms of the things you can’t have ......

Specify additional equipment and features that complete your new Audi, so it’s exactly as you want.”

Exactly as I want - Humm wonder if I can get them for false advertising and misleading claims ?
I have been thinking this through and the base car would probably suit me fine with the addition of DRC, exhaust, comfort/sound and tan leather along with a few minor additions. I really don't like the silver external details and wonder if a decent wrap would solve this? My other beef is badges, I don't live in a city any longer but always have my cars debadged and can't believe Audi don't offer this any longer. If I go for a new RS6 I will certainly ask the question when ordering.

mikeyw
2nd Gear

Post by mikeyw » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:59 pm

Foxy wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:12 pm
mikeyw wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:00 pm

I have been thinking this through and the base car would probably suit me fine with the addition of DRC, exhaust, comfort/sound and tan leather along with a few minor additions. I really don't like the silver external details and wonder if a decent wrap would solve this? My other beef is badges, I don't live in a city any longer but always have my cars debadged and can't believe Audi don't offer this any longer. If I go for a new RS6 I will certainly ask the question when ordering.
My dealer has said they will remove the badges - but its odd that there is no factory removal option for sure.

kiwi_mtm
4th Gear

Post by kiwi_mtm » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:51 pm

Here is the NZ configurator:

http://configurator.audi.com/acc/config ... _NQ/engine

We get allot of flexibility to turn options on and off. And of course RHD.

Is the UK spec std with four week steer? It’s a whopping $ option here.
2014 RS6 (2023 on order)
2017 Q7
1993 E36 M3 Tarmac Rally car
2001 Porsche Boxster circuit car
2017 Porsche 991.2 GT3 Clubsport

dannyuk
2nd Gear

Post by dannyuk » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:25 pm

kiwi_mtm wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:51 pm

Yeah pretty sure its STD. How much are you talking in NZD?
2020 C8 RS6
2019 F90 M5
2017 C7 RS6
2016 F10 M5
2010 C6 RS6

kiwi_mtm
4th Gear

Post by kiwi_mtm » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:33 am

dannyuk wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:25 pm
kiwi_mtm wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:51 pm

Yeah pretty sure its STD. How much are you talking in NZD?
For four wheel streer and 280kph NZD$11k

see: https://www.audi.co.nz/dam/nemo/nz/Mode ... 20MY20.pdf
2014 RS6 (2023 on order)
2017 Q7
1993 E36 M3 Tarmac Rally car
2001 Porsche Boxster circuit car
2017 Porsche 991.2 GT3 Clubsport

sasha320
2nd Gear

Post by sasha320 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:02 am

Guys - just wondering about the configurator and the optional extras.

Am I correct in understanding that when you PCP finance a new car, the base price and the residual value drive the monthly payment and then the optional extras are added on top? I.e., the PCP finance fully ‘pays off’ the options over the contract and there’s no reflection of the residual value of the options in the residual value figure of the car?

This is why Autotrader have so many C7 cars (not just RS6) with a standard base spec.? Because adding the options disproportionally impacted the monthly payment?

If the above is correct, would the current approach mean that the optional extras on the, say Vorsprung model, mean that the cost of the optional extras can now be reflected in the residual value - thereby making the monthly payment better value?

So taking a base (C7) RS6 on a 3 year deal (depending on your deposit / trade in / finance rate); adding £10k worth of options added £300 to the monthly payment i.e., £10k / 36 plus the finance charge. Given the monthly on the £80k car was circa £850, this added nearly half again to the monthly payment.

Now, the C8 equivalent that has a higher list price but with some options included, say the Carbon model, which is a broadly equivalent car to the base C7 car with £10k of options, but the residual value of the Carbon will reflect some of the Carbon’s options and therefore...

You get ‘cheaper’ options for your monthly payment? I.e., they are not amortised over the life of the contract.

I know it is difficult to compare C7s to C8s, different cars / finance contributions etc. but broadly does having the options bundled in the ‘list’ price from the outset effectively mean that their cost can get reflected in the residual value of the car making them cheaper like-for-like than when purchasing the C7 model?

Naturally, the approach being taken for the C8 effectively means you can no longer buy a base spec car for the lowest possible monthly payment, instead you are forced into buying a bundle of options albeit they might be cheaper like-for-like than when added to a previous base spec car.
Panamera ST Turbo, RS6 (C7), Cayenne Turbo S (958), RS4 (B8), ML63 (2010), 997.1 TT, 997 4S, ML63 (2008), CL55, CLK320, Toyota Corolla GTi 16v, Honda CRX, Passat V6

2 5HAN
1st Gear

Post by 2 5HAN » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:02 pm

In general this has always been the case. People often think that the cheapest on the road price equates to the cheapest monthly payment. This was most definitely true in the early days especially when the cars typically leased or purchased on most deals were lower value models. As the years have gone on in my experience you can definitely see that the GFV of the vehicles are affected by spec and finish. I recently picked up a Mercedes GLA for my mum and it was cheaper to get a higher spec vehicle with the AMG kit and Night Pack etc than a base model.
On a similar note you see this with Police Cars, they now lease Grey, Red and Other coloured vehicles rather than just white standard colours.
However I think with the RS6 there will be a limit so thing like Ceramics etc won’t necessarily add value to the vehicle.

sasha320
2nd Gear

Post by sasha320 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:53 am

I think you’re right about the ceramics, in fact I think the car’s value will proportionally go down faster the older a car with ceramics gets. Can’t see anybody wanting to take on a 5 year old car that it nearing a new set of pads* and potentially cermaic discs!

The trade makes a big enough deal about new steel discs and pads as it is.

* assuming pads for ceramic discs cost more than for stee discs?
Panamera ST Turbo, RS6 (C7), Cayenne Turbo S (958), RS4 (B8), ML63 (2010), 997.1 TT, 997 4S, ML63 (2008), CL55, CLK320, Toyota Corolla GTi 16v, Honda CRX, Passat V6

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”