DMS Automotive tune

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
stevo55
5th Gear

DMS Automotive tune

Post by stevo55 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:16 pm

A business trip to Southampton managed to present an opportunity to go and take the car to DMS (although they can do it on your drive-taking it to them means you get the full service including dyno runs). They can highly recommended and can also remove tune for when the car goes into Audi etc (car is now out of warranty). Without going into the age old discussion of ‘can a tune be discovered’ (my thoughts on this are ‘yes if they dig deep enough’ so you take that chance), it sounded like a good deal.
Really professional set up and people there-the quality of cars there is unreal and it’s sat in a petrol heads dream industrial estate. There was a C7 PE and a C8 Vorsprung getting done while I was there.
Took a few hours and a few runs until the results were in-part of the magic is you get taken to upstairs office to be shown results (and pay of course). On the website their projection is 525 bhp and 750 nm torque:

Very happy with the results to say the least! Torque is down on projected (they reckon the exhaust helped with the extra bhp) but all in all not bad for a Stage 1 tune. Only other mod I have is the non Res Milltek.
Makes a significant enough difference to the drive that’s for sure-car is scaring me again which is a good thing...it’s just not aggressive enough for me so hopefully this will do the trick (I have no plans for any other mods). Thing goes like a stabbed rat now.
Highly recommend DMS and you get unlimited take offs and retunes for life as part of the package. They come to you wherever you are and do it on the drive.
Happy bunny Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 C7 RS6 Misano Red Performance Plus and unicorn miles
2012 Land Rover Defender XS Utility Full Tweaked Spectre conversion
2018 B9 RS5 coupe. Milltek Non-Res Exhaust. now gone
2017 BMW M3 Comp Pack.
2015 A45 AMG.Overrated POS.
2016 C7 RS6 Panther black.
2009 C6 RS6 phantom black saloon. Milltek
2012 BMW M135i 3 door. MP brakes and AC Schnitzer springs. JB4 tuning box
2006 BMW Z4M Roadster.
2004 Alpina Roadster.
2001 BMW 330 ci convertible.
1994 E34 M5 Saloon

Howoodie
Neutral

Re: DMS Automotive tune

Post by Howoodie » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:46 pm

Hi

Looks a good upgrade. I have a 2018 model and I’m more interested in an exhaust are you pleased with the Miltek ?
There’s a few different versions for the RS what exactly did you go for ?

I want drama on a Sunday and quieter at work in comfort mode etc 😃

Would appreciate your comments

stevo55
5th Gear

Post by stevo55 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:50 pm

Howoodie wrote:Hi

Looks a good upgrade. I have a 2018 model and I’m more interested in an exhaust are you pleased with the Miltek ?
There’s a few different versions for the RS what exactly did you go for ?

I want drama on a Sunday and quieter at work in comfort mode etc Image

Would appreciate your comments
I went for the non res ‘race’ Milltek, and yes it makes a huge difference to the car, the sports one just isn’t loud enough. There are a couple of options for the RS5 which you can find comparisons on YT etc, just be aware the stock exhaust doesn’t break down (unlike the Milltek which comes in sections) so you will need a van to get it home.
If you want more noise it’s the way to go, you could get PCW mods to remove bits if you want, that’s far cheaper but a full exhaust for me was the way ahead. You can make money back selling it on when you sell the car or it could add value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 C7 RS6 Misano Red Performance Plus and unicorn miles
2012 Land Rover Defender XS Utility Full Tweaked Spectre conversion
2018 B9 RS5 coupe. Milltek Non-Res Exhaust. now gone
2017 BMW M3 Comp Pack.
2015 A45 AMG.Overrated POS.
2016 C7 RS6 Panther black.
2009 C6 RS6 phantom black saloon. Milltek
2012 BMW M135i 3 door. MP brakes and AC Schnitzer springs. JB4 tuning box
2006 BMW Z4M Roadster.
2004 Alpina Roadster.
2001 BMW 330 ci convertible.
1994 E34 M5 Saloon

Howoodie
Neutral

Post by Howoodie » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:57 pm

Thanks

I favour the full exhaust but as I’ve just extended the warranty maybe modifying the insides so it doesn’t look different could be a good idea.

BTW if you want to meet up with a car group decent range of cars and no real idiots check out car_collective on Instagram need more Audi as there’s loads of C63s

Return to “RS5 (F5) 2016–”