Extended LED pack

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
Post Reply
DSM
1st Gear
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:13 pm
Location: Devon

Extended LED pack

Post by DSM » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:37 am

Hi . Have finally purchased a Nardo Gray RS5. Fantastic car . Just a question about the LEDs in conjunction with Drive Select .
Not sure what it is supposed to do? Are they supposed to change colour when you go to Dynamic Comfort etc ?
Like some help please
Dave

Terminator_X
2nd Gear
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:52 am

Re: Extended LED pack

Post by Terminator_X » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:35 pm

Same here as I've not noticed them changing colour when drive mode is changed!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk


gilford
4th Gear
Posts: 598
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:10 am

Re: Extended LED pack

Post by gilford » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:13 pm

What confuses me is when you unlock the car you get some nice long red LED's running across the top of the door but they go off after a few seconds!

What is the point in that! They would look great if they came on when say in Dynamic mode.
Current - 2017 Nardo RS5 8)

gilford
4th Gear
Posts: 598
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:10 am

Re: Extended LED pack

Post by gilford » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:13 pm

Good choice on colour by the way ;)
Current - 2017 Nardo RS5 8)

Evil Derboy
Neutral
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:37 pm

Re: Extended LED pack

Post by Evil Derboy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:20 pm

gilford wrote:What confuses me is when you unlock the car you get some nice long red LED's running across the top of the door but they go off after a few seconds!

What is the point in that! They would look great if they came on when say in Dynamic mode.
If you or your passenger open a door when there is a car coming the LEDs and side assist markers on the mirrors will flash to warn you. The LEDs flashing red are telling you that this system is working properly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evil Derboy
Neutral
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:37 pm

Re: Extended LED pack

Post by Evil Derboy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:23 pm

DSM wrote:Hi . Have finally purchased a Nardo Gray RS5. Fantastic car . Just a question about the LEDs in conjunction with Drive Select .
Not sure what it is supposed to do? Are they supposed to change colour when you go to Dynamic Comfort etc ?
Like some help please
Dave
Go into Vehicle > Settings > Interior Background Lighting.

You can customise the LED lighting here and choose the Drive Select option. This then maps them to whatever drive select mode you choose. Red and white for Dynamic, Yellow for comfort and White for Auto. Can’t remember what individual is.

There’s also an option to customise your lighting selections manually but selecting Individual on this same menu. That leads to a raft of other options for you to play with.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSM
1st Gear
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:13 pm
Location: Devon

Re: Extended LED pack

Post by DSM » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:11 pm

Thanks for that, think they are doing that now just get a bit confused because I have mine on the nice Blue most of the time and if you put it in to drive select the Blue disappears Shame 😐 nice to have that option though 👍

Evil Derboy
Neutral
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:37 pm

Re: Extended LED pack

Post by Evil Derboy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:44 pm

DSM wrote:Thanks for that, think they are doing that now just get a bit confused because I have mine on the nice Blue most of the time and if you put it in to drive select the Blue disappears Shame Image nice to have that option though Image
Yeah you can map the lights to Drive Select or have them custom set but you can’t do both. Funny I have all of mine set to blue as well. Looks great. Other thing about having them mapped to drive select is that the footwell lights are switched off in that mode.

A bit silly of Audi but the Bang and Olufsen speakers have their own LED and these don’t change colour. They stay white all the time. Would have thought Audi could have been a bit better in their attention to detail there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply

Return to “RS5 (F5) 2016–”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests