Contemplating coming back to rs4 ownership

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
AndyC160
Neutral

Re: Contemplating coming back to rs4 ownership

Post by AndyC160 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:06 pm

Rs4spark wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:00 am
Funny - I have had 2 Macans - 1 a 66 Plate GTS, each time i have sold them i have come back to an RS4 -
I had a new B9.5 RS4 in March 20 and kept it two years-Stunning Carbon Black Edition.
Only sold it as i was offered great price.

I am debating and probably going to order a new one very soon as it will be one of the last -
Had the DRC on previous RS4 cars - always hassle for me.
No DRC on B9.5 and i will not be ordering it on the new one

All the best with the Search
How would you compare your macan experience to an rs4? I guess if you keep coming back to the rs4...

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:51 am

AndyC160 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:06 pm
Rs4spark wrote:
Funny - I have had 2 Macans - 1 a 66 Plate GTS, each time i have sold them i have come back to an RS4 -
I had a new B9.5 RS4 in March 20 and kept it two years-Stunning Carbon Black Edition.

I am debating and probably going to order a new one very soon as it will be one of the last -

How would you compare your macan experience to an rs4? I guess if you keep coming back to the rs4...
Perhaps he used to be on the Macan forum and got fed up with the delicate individuals on there :wink:

Just reading through this Andy, the cabin/tech of the b9.5 will be newer than the Macan, but a Macan with full leather option is a very nice place to sit in.
I'd recommend Motorway if you're selling your Macan, I got a great price through them (was almost a year ago though)
Good luck with your search.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

AndyC160
Neutral

Post by AndyC160 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:00 am

chunky79 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:51 am
AndyC160 wrote:
Rs4spark wrote:

Perhaps he used to be on the Macan forum and got fed up with the delicate individuals on there :wink:

Just reading through this Andy, the cabin/tech of the b9.5 will be newer than the Macan, but a Macan with full leather option is a very nice place to sit in.
I'd recommend Motorway if you're selling your Macan, I got a great price through them (was almost a year ago though)
Good luck with your search.
Ah yes I recognise that list of cars you've owned! 👍👋

Some are a bit sensitive aren't they....and then get a bit aggressive!

Thanks for the tip using motorway

Rs4spark
3rd Gear

Post by Rs4spark » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:14 am

AndyC160 wrote:
Rs4spark wrote:

Morning Andy

I love an RS4 - Had 8 now LOL in last 16 years !
The Macan is a quality built car and the interior is stunning if specced up.

I suppose the RS4 is much more sportier-quicker and a better badge to own .
I did order the Brand new Macan GTS in Dec 21- i have only just cancelled my order which was due to be built shortly- i decided and got fed up with always being ripped off with base price continually increasing - options that should be standard are a crazy price and extended warranty and trade in prices ripping you come resale.

I know Audis inside out and pretty much decided to order another RS4 before they change to electric -

I am picking up a brand new RS3 Vorsprung wednesday to use for the next 6 months.
Sold B9.5 RS4 !! WHY i keep asking ! looking sat ordering another before a new model arrives
RS4 2020 Navarra & Jet Blue Gen 1 R8
RS4 Sepang 2015
RS4 Suzuka 2014
RS4 Cab Daytona 07
RS4 Cab Phantom 58
RS4 Cab Phantom 06

Crazy, also too many to list in between, get board too quickly but hopefully not this time !!

GSD
Neutral

Post by GSD » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:10 pm

I have a b9.5 carbon edition with C+S, sports exhaust (non DRC). I considered the Macan but the interior is quite squashed. I looked at the Sport Turismo but the boot isn’t large enough for my dog, plus the boot lip is significant so wouldn’t work. I also considered the M3 Touring but still haven’t made peace with that front end. I test drove the RS4 and it hit the sweet spot on all fronts.

Having owned one for nearly 6 months now, it’s been a real delight. Some initial observations in no particular order:

1. You sit LOW
2. The exhaust note and MPG improve with miles
3. It’s a real jekyll and hyde car
4. Touchscreen size is nice but fiddly to use when driving
5. Matrix lights are a dream
6. Heating steering wheel also a dream
7. The app isn’t great compared to BMW
8. I do miss head up display and would have specced it in hindsight
9. The black wheels turn from gloss to dirt real quick
10. The car gets lots of compliments from those in the know

If you’re around Surrey / Hampshire / West Sussex anytime you’re welcome to take a look.

AndyC160
Neutral

Post by AndyC160 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:57 pm

Rs4spark wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:14 am
AndyC160 wrote:
Rs4spark wrote:

Morning Andy

I love an RS4 - Had 8 now LOL in last 16 years !
The Macan is a quality built car and the interior is stunning if specced up.

I suppose the RS4 is much more sportier-quicker and a better badge to own .
I did order the Brand new Macan GTS in Dec 21- i have only just cancelled my order which was due to be built shortly- i decided and got fed up with always being ripped off with base price continually increasing - options that should be standard are a crazy price and extended warranty and trade in prices ripping you come resale.

I know Audis inside out and pretty much decided to order another RS4 before they change to electric -

I am picking up a brand new RS3 Vorsprung wednesday to use for the next 6 months.
8 in 16 years....that's a good effort!

Lucky to get the rs3 aswell. My sister just sent me some photos of the s3 her dealer has given whilst she waits for her car to arrive....doesn't sound like their buying experience has been very good.

Enjoy the rs3 👍

AndyC160
Neutral

Post by AndyC160 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:11 pm

GSD wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:10 pm
I have a b9.5 carbon edition with C+S, sports exhaust (non DRC). I considered the Macan but the interior is quite squashed. I looked at the Sport Turismo but the boot isn’t large enough for my dog, plus the boot lip is significant so wouldn’t work. I also considered the M3 Touring but still haven’t made peace with that front end. I test drove the RS4 and it hit the sweet spot on all fronts.

Having owned one for nearly 6 months now, it’s been a real delight. Some initial observations in no particular order:

1. You sit LOW
2. The exhaust note and MPG improve with miles
3. It’s a real jekyll and hyde car
4. Touchscreen size is nice but fiddly to use when driving
5. Matrix lights are a dream
6. Heating steering wheel also a dream
7. The app isn’t great compared to BMW
8. I do miss head up display and would have specced it in hindsight
9. The black wheels turn from gloss to dirt real quick
10. The car gets lots of compliments from those in the know

If you’re around Surrey / Hampshire / West Sussex anytime you’re welcome to take a look.
Useful GSD 👍 and pleased you're enjoying it.

Might be a dumb question but what's C+S?

Does the sports exhaust make a difference to the sound quality and level? I guess the prefacelift will be noisier having no particulate filter?

I like sitting low! Took sometime to get used to the Macan being high even with the seat at its lowest, especially after the b5 rs4 and having an Elise aswell.

Heated steering wheel...I like those!

I'll probably get one with silver wheels...are they on a particular spec?

Finally...I've been looking a Pan sport turismos aswell...they look fantastic but I'm surprised at the size of the boot considering the size of the whole car...its about the same size as the macan and the macan boot is higher.

I'm in Cheshire so a bit far but grateful for the offer. 👍 I really need a test drive in both the b9 and b9.5

GSD
Neutral

Post by GSD » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:24 pm

C&S is comfort and sound pack, which gives keyless / hands free boot opening, B&O sound system, 360 camera and interior lighting pack.

I think the sports exhaust is perfectly suited to the type of car. I’ve come from a 981 Cayman GTS and a Lotus Evora 410 sport so know a thing or 2 about good sounding exhausts! The exhaust makes a nice belching noise on upshifts and when you’re pressing on the V6 makes a characterful sound with a bassy undertone. There are aftermarket options like with any car, but they are pricey.

Silver wheels come on base spec and Vorsprung models. IMO black wheels don’t suit all colours but look fab against Tango.
Last edited by GSD on Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Terminator_X
3rd Gear

Post by Terminator_X » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:30 am

Rusty Racer wrote:I had a B8 for 3 years and decided to go for a B9 late last year. No dramas yet! But tbh I won’t keep it without a comprehensive warranty as you well know there can always be a big bill around the corner.
I got the tracking adjusted as it felt nervous at times but have done nothing else to it apart from add petrol.
DRC is the only option I didn’t get, would have liked it but could not resist it as it was fully loaded.
I do miss the free reving V8 of the B8 as it seems the B9 is all about torque but overall it’s an improvement on the previous model imho.
Good luck hunting!
I didn't have DRC on mine Vs I had it on the RS3 and it wasn't my missed to be fair. The RS4 is a great car other than lack of sound^ imho which was the main reason I moved it on.

^I even had valve control added + the backbox cut up!

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

AndyC160
Neutral

Post by AndyC160 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:04 pm

Terminator_X wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:30 am
Rusty Racer wrote:I had a B8 for 3 years and decided to go for a B9 late last year. No dramas yet! But tbh I won’t keep it without a comprehensive warranty as you well know there can always be a big bill around the corner.
I got the tracking adjusted as it felt nervous at times but have done nothing else to it apart from add petrol.
DRC is the only option I didn’t get, would have liked it but could not resist it as it was fully loaded.
I do miss the free reving V8 of the B8 as it seems the B9 is all about torque but overall it’s an improvement on the previous model imho.
Good luck hunting!
I didn't have DRC on mine Vs I had it on the RS3 and it wasn't my missed to be fair. The RS4 is a great car other than lack of sound^ imho which was the main reason I moved it on.

^I even had valve control added + the backbox cut up!

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Do you need a remap if you fit an aftermarket exhaust?

I had a milltek on my b5 (part of the mtm upgrade) but I've heard the quality of their systems isn't that great anymore. Apart from getting one specially made, who does a good system?

AndyC160
Neutral

Post by AndyC160 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:09 pm

How long do control arms/ suspension bushes etc seem to be lasting? Always something which can add up when then go

Rusty Racer
3rd Gear

Post by Rusty Racer » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:01 pm

Not sure bud.
I could feel that my B8 needed changing which was another reason I moved it on… my B9 still feels sharp at 30k
2018 RS4 B9 Carbon Edition
2014 RS4 B8

elchet
2nd Gear

Post by elchet » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:51 am

AndyC160 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:45 pm
elchet wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:36 pm
Try this, it's the original RS4 B9 booklet and option lists. Doesn't help with the B9.5 but that configurator is still online.

https://file.io/e8Q6O0sxijyS
Thanks for the link but unfortunately it says the file has been deleted.

Yes I've been through the configurator for the 9.5. Very few options compared to porsche! Probably a good thing as you get alot of stuff as standard.
Hey Andy, sorry about that - they must have expired the file pretty sharpish.

I've found it online here: https://flipbooklets.com/pdfflipbooklet ... ip-booklet, probably worth you downloading as a PDF for safe keeping!
2018 B9 RS4 Daytona Grey

AndyC160
Neutral

Post by AndyC160 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:07 pm

elchet wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:51 am
AndyC160 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:45 pm
elchet wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:36 pm
Try this, it's the original RS4 B9 booklet and option lists. Doesn't help with the B9.5 but that configurator is still online.

https://file.io/e8Q6O0sxijyS
Thanks for the link but unfortunately it says the file has been deleted.

Yes I've been through the configurator for the 9.5. Very few options compared to porsche! Probably a good thing as you get alot of stuff as standard.
Hey Andy, sorry about that - they must have expired the file pretty sharpish.

I've found it online here: https://flipbooklets.com/pdfflipbooklet ... ip-booklet, probably worth you downloading as a PDF for safe keeping!
Fantastic...thank you for that 👍

Now safely downloaded for me to browse through

GSD
Neutral

Post by GSD » Mon May 08, 2023 1:53 pm

Hi Andy what did you decide in the end?

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”