New Here. Hello. 2022 RS4

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
AndyC555
Neutral

New Here. Hello. 2022 RS4

Post by AndyC555 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:18 pm

Hello,

New to the forum and I drive a 2022 RS4. First owner put the car up for sale with 1000 miles on the clock and I've now got just over 6000 miles done.
Options: Sports Exhaust, Black badges, Pano roof, B&O, Carbon Fibre interior trim, Heated Steering wheel, 20" Bronze Wheels.

The colour is still a mystery to me LOL The logbook (V5 I think you call it in the UK) says the car is grey but to me it looks white. I asked the dealer I bought the car from to confirm the V5 is correct and they yes the colour is grey. So I think I'm right in saying the car is Suzuka Grey which If my research is correct is an Audi Exclusive colour and quite an expensive option. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd like to get some spacers for the car as the wheels are tucked on too much under the arches, if someone could recommend which ones. 15mm all round or 10 front and 15 on the back? I'm not sure what to do there.

Also, the sports exhaust is a little too quiet for me. It's more soundaktor than actual exhaust in my opinion. The Milltek Road+ sounds great but the cost is not something I'm willing to stomach. I noticed on a thread here the PCW exhaust mod by Paul and I've seen the video of a red RS4 he has on his Facebook page. That's something I would be interested in and sounds like a good compromise between the factory sports exhaust and the Milltek but a drive by video would be nice if anyone knows of one on the web.

The only issue I've had is the drivers side headlight washer does not retract all the way back in after it has sprayed the headlight. Sticks out by about a centimetre. Not bothered about going to the dealer about that. I'll wait until its in for an oil change.

Thanks for reading. Pics attached hopefully.
Attachments
IMG-3550.JPG
17.48.36.PNG
17.48.23.PNG
IMG-3535.PNG
IMG-3536.PNG

elchet
2nd Gear

Re: New Here. Hello. 2022 RS4

Post by elchet » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:55 pm

That sure looks like Suzuka Grey to me. There used to be an R8 in that colour near my old place that I'd walk past almost daily. You can tell if it's SG if you park it next to a Glacier or Ibis white car, and it'll be slightly darker. The metallic aspect also can make it look slightly blueish grey in certain lighting.

The Bronze wheels I think were an Exclusive thing as well? I don't remember ever seeing them on a configurator or brochure for either the B9 or B9.5. They only came with the limited Bronze Edition. I thought if there were exclusive options on the car it'd have the Exclusive emblem / badge on the door cards, but that might not be a consistent feature.

Awesome spec though!

I had the same problem with the driver side headlamp washer. I think I've fixed it by waiting until it got stuck out, then gently pulling it out about 1cm further before letting it go back in. I haven't noticed it getting stuck since.
2018 B9 RS4 Daytona Grey

AndyC555
Neutral

Post by AndyC555 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:50 am

I'll try that trick with the headlight washer elchet thank you.

GSD
Neutral

Post by GSD » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:09 am

Nice car and congrats. I used PCW on my previous car a few years back. In hindsight I wouldn’t have bothered as whilst it sounded a bit better, there was always the thought of no warranty should the exhaust need replacing. If you do go for it, be mindful it might drone more.

I have a ‘22 RS4 with sports exhaust and think it’s perfectly suited to the type of car. RS2 mode with windows down, the exhaust makes all the right sounds. It’s definitely getting throatier with miles, too.

You may want to consider a Remus exhaust. It sounds good but not £3k good imo.

houndsandhorsepower
Neutral

Post by houndsandhorsepower » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:45 pm

Hey! i drive a b9.5 rs4 in sonoma, and im thinking the same as you.. needs spacers and potentially some louder pipes.

I love your colour btw nice individual spec.

did you end up getting the spacers? how have you been getting on?

AndyC555
Neutral

Post by AndyC555 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:06 pm

houndsandhorsepower wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:45 pm
Hey! i drive a b9.5 rs4 in sonoma, and im thinking the same as you.. needs spacers and potentially some louder pipes.

I love your colour btw nice individual spec.

did you end up getting the spacers? how have you been getting on?
Yes got the spacers from Awesome GTi. 15mm all around. Makes a huge difference to the look.
No other mods done yet.

Jools
1st Gear

Post by Jools » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:32 pm

Nice car and a great spec.

I also have a Sazuka Grey one (MY2018) it confuses the powers that be when checking up on stuff.

When the car is clean in the sunlight it will appear to shimmer which is the gold pearlesent in it and at dusk in the right light it will go a very light grey.

:thumbs:

AndyC555
Neutral

Post by AndyC555 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:16 pm

The only way to see that it is in fact grey is to park beside a white car LOL You can definitely see the difference then.

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”