Dechrome and towbar

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
Nodrog
Neutral

Dechrome and towbar

Post by Nodrog » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:23 pm

Evening all,

Soon to be a first time Audi owner after a cancelled order opportunity came up for a Navarra blue RS4. I did try to order a Nardo grey carbon pack several months ago but got messed around with the order and went elsewhere but the temptation of an in stock car was too much. Collecting it in early Sept on a 72 plate.

Not the spec I wanted but they're all good specs so all I really want is a towbar for a bike rack and camping. I've browsed all topics looking for answers but haven't found what I'm after. I'm not a fan of all the chrome so looking at a partial chrome delete by wrapping. I've retrofitted a swivel towbar before and it wasn't too bad, has anyone done this on a B9/9.5 RS4? Are the towbars the same part number as an A4 I.e the rear crash bar etc is the same? I'm guessing so but just checking as I don't know of a real OEM type site to browse part numbers.

Reference the dechrome that seems pretty simple but does anyone know how wrapped roof rails hold out against a roof box? I'll be using one for camping and not sure if the clamps would mark the wrap. Bit of a niche question but has anyone experienced this? If they do mark I'm guessing they'll need to be painted or swapped for black rails.

Other than that I'm very happy with the prospect of finally owning an RS4. Been a poster car for a long time and I think it'll be great fun. If anyone has any Navarra blue RS4 pics please do share. Not a colour I was initially looking for and there's only 1 on auto trader which is odd but it's certainly growing on me.

TIA
2022 B9.5 RS4 Navarra blue

rjwojcik
2nd Gear

Re: Dechrome and towbar

Post by rjwojcik » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:33 pm

Does this help?

viewtopic.php?f=131&t=135362&p=946716&h ... ar#p947203

and I'm useless at taking photos:

Welcome aboard
Current:
2018 RS4 - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Nodrog
Neutral

Post by Nodrog » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:11 pm

rjwojcik wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:33 pm
Does this help?

viewtopic.php?f=131&t=135362&p=946716&h ... ar#p947203

and I'm useless at taking photos:

Welcome aboard
Thanks for the links and yes that helps, I'd come across the subsequent linked article but not the one you shared. I should have added that my car doesn't have DRC which negates the main issue with retrofits. I retrofitted a towbar on my F31 BMW and with OEM parts it wasn't too bad to do and I imagine it's the same principle with the RS4. Fit the towbar, module, loom then code it. Could also go aftermarket but would prefer OEM if possible.

Loving your motor and the spec looks similar albeit slightly different due to the facelift. Mine has 20" 5 arm alloys in sliver specced so it would be the same look I want of Navarra blue without all of the chrome bits. I will leave the mirrors in silver though as I like the classic RS look. Not against leaving the roof rails silver but I'm really not a fan of chrome window surrounds.

SmogHead
Neutral

Post by SmogHead » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:22 pm

Hi,

I have a Daytona Vorsprung on order and due to be built week 39 (end sept). It is likely to be delivered in October.

I would like to have the base model because of the chrome etc but wanted all the toys and the sunroof - I also didn't like the wheel options apart from the silver vorspung ones.

If you would like, we could swap all the bits if we can find someone willing and able to do it???

Nodrog
Neutral

Post by Nodrog » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the offer and I'd love to take you up on it but my car is getting sent over to Cyprus for a couple of years pretty much straight away for me to use whilst I'm over here.

Would have been much better to have OEM shadowline parts rather than vinyl wrap, particularly on the roof rails. I think the rear diffuser chrome strip is interchangeable but not sure about the chrome strip on the front splitter.

I plan to have it put in for a dechrome almost straight away. The only parts that I really don't like are the chrome window surrounds. I've seen various combinations of RS4s with partial chrome delete such as the Nogaro edition and I think it looks great especially on a darker car so I'm still unsure how much I'll be getting wrapped.

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”