DRC or sports suspension?

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
Astonished
2nd Gear

Re: DRC or sports suspension?

Post by Astonished » Tue May 03, 2022 2:27 pm

G’day GOM

I’m getting the feeling when I read your posts that I’ve written them myself … nearing retirement, less tolerant of idiots etc etc and …

Got a white RS4, but B8. Silver interior. Now all my cars are white … sort of just happened that way.
Had it from new, done 265,000 kms in 8 years, using it as a daily work driver doing lots of hiway miles to sites for work. Love it.
I went for DRC, even after reading numerous neg reports here. Its been a dream. Maybe I was lucky. It stays in comfort 98% of the time and yet even in comfort it handles superbly. I find that on long drives when I have the opportunity it just laps up the corners, and with driving it so much I’m more after the ability of it to hang on, rather than that “track liveliness” that can also be appealing, but I have a “shitbox” track car set up for that ability.

However, at around 240,000kms I thought the suspension was losing its rebound control (really noticeable over speed humps but not so much on the open road), so got the DRC all replaced. The dealer looked after me and once back it drove like new again. Only took them 4 days.

THe only thing I wished I’d opted for in my original order was ceramic brakes as in the long run, doing the miles I do,they would have paid for themselves by my second brakes replace (around 110,000 kms).

However, whatever you get it’ll still be a thing of joy. I drove a B9 when they were trying to move me out of the B8 and I would say that it just did nearly everything just that measurable (seat of pants) better than the B8. BUT there’s not much that revs from 6,000 to 8,250 like the NA B8! :biggrin3:

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”