DRC Knocking - how to explain it to Audi

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
RSphwoarrr
Neutral

DRC Knocking - how to explain it to Audi

Post by RSphwoarrr » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:30 pm

Going to Audi West London in a few days to get it checked. Given the subtlety of the knocking I'm already picturing the potentially disappointing outcome - "we couldnt hear anything" "sounds normal" "my manager has an RS which does the same" etc... etc...

Before i go, can anyone advise how to best describe and explain the issue to them? Goal is to reduce their ability to say they cant find anything by being as specific as possible + making suggestions on what they should check.

The knocking is subtle like a rattling CD, comes from the rear passenger side boot area, and gets easily drowned out by other noises.

Would love to hear from anyone who's had experience dealing with Audi on the issue of DRC knocking.

Markp
5th Gear

Re: DRC Knocking - how to explain it to Audi

Post by Markp » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:15 pm

1. Remove cargo area floor to make it easier to hear. 2. Put car in Comfort and take tech out and drive over rough surfaces at 5-30mph.

If they don’t get it, insist they check the pressure in the DRC - and offer to pay for it if normal. If pressure is low you have your problem. Bingo.

Just don’t be brushed off with top up. They need to find leak and replace accumulators (in most cases).

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”