2020 B9.5 RS4 Vorsprung knocking noise DRC recharge

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
spidmack
Neutral

Re: 2020 B9.5 RS4 Vorsprung knocking noise DRC recharge

Post by spidmack » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:26 am

Markp wrote:Yes. All fixed.
Ah I wish mine was fixed. I think it’s maybe a bit better but the noise is still there. My dealer is now trying to source a RS4 with DRC to see it’s a symptom/feature of DRC before they do anything else. Unfortunately they don’t have any at the dealer in Aberdeen. Or Inverness, Perth or Dundee. I’m guessing you ain’t anywhere nearby Mark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markp
5th Gear

Post by Markp » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:41 am

Sadly not. In Glos. Put a message out on here in new thread asking if anyone nearby. Good luck.

jamiemcd
Neutral

Post by jamiemcd » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:13 pm

spidmack wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:26 am
Markp wrote:Yes. All fixed.
Ah I wish mine was fixed. I think it’s maybe a bit better but the noise is still there. My dealer is now trying to source a RS4 with DRC to see it’s a symptom/feature of DRC before they do anything else. Unfortunately they don’t have any at the dealer in Aberdeen. Or Inverness, Perth or Dundee. I’m guessing you ain’t anywhere nearby Mark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's definitely not a feature of DRC.

A short while after I got mine the knocking started and while trying to work out what it was, I discovered a leaky damper. However the mechanic the seller initially sent me to found the exhaust was very close to a cross-member and after some adjustment there was no knocking at all. Still got the damper replaced, but it's worth checking how close the exhaust is to the cross-members.

Other things I found as possible sources during my search were the D rings from the luggage pack not being fixed properly in their storage cubby can have a little bit of play and bump around, and the warning triangle in the boot lid could move side to side a bit.

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”