Spec question

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
Crawfc
Neutral

Spec question

Post by Crawfc » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:57 pm

I have an 18 plate model, now 3 years old.

Thinking of trading up to the current 20 model as I can luckily afford to change my car.

Current car came from dealer stock and I couldn’t change.

It couldn’t have a tow bar but I see the current one can - anyone got one and is hidden when out of use ?

Glass sunroof - have it on my F-Pace and loved it. I see it is an options - any views / is it noisy when closed ?

5 / 6 month waiting list at the moment - frustrating

Any views appreciated.

spidmack
Neutral

Spec question

Post by spidmack » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:48 am

Crawfc wrote:I have an 18 plate model, now 3 years old.

Thinking of trading up to the current 20 model as I can luckily afford to change my car.

Current car came from dealer stock and I couldn’t change.

It couldn’t have a tow bar but I see the current one can - anyone got one and is hidden when out of use ?

Glass sunroof - have it on my F-Pace and loved it. I see it is an options - any views / is it noisy when closed ?

5 / 6 month waiting list at the moment - frustrating

Any views appreciated.
Hi I’ve the sunroof & I don’t hear a squeak or rattle from the sunroof. My car is a Sept 20 build. My last 3 cars were BMW’s. I had a 635d, 640d gran coup & the last one a M4 comp. I think the cabin build quality as far a squeaks, buzzes, rattles in my RS4 is the best of all these cars. My M4 comp suspension was firm which didn’t help. Back to the sunroof I seem to recall a rattle on one of my BMW’s which needed fixed. As I say it’s perfect on my RS4 & adds so much to the cabin ambiance. My partners kids love it do as do other passengers. If it’s not raining I have it open around town. At high speed on the motorway it’s generally shut as the wind noise can get loud. However no louder than any other cars sunroof that’s open at high speed
With regard to the tow bar. I’ve a Vorsprung model & as such it comes with the wonderful adaptive dampers. Sadly you can’t order a tow bar as an option if your car has them. I do recall a post on some forum of an owner getting a 3rd party manufacturer’s one fitted on his car which had electronic dampers.
That’s a long wait. I did notice there were no new ones on autotrader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graeme4130
Cruising

Re: Spec question

Post by Graeme4130 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:00 pm

From what I can remember, the towing option is only available if you don't have the adaptive suspension
I don't have the Pano roof on my B9, but did have it on my B8 and it never squeaked or rattled. However, I never really used it and begrudged having to pay something like £150 at each, or every other, service to have it re lubricated, so didn't bother with it on my B9
It makes the interior feel a bit lighter, but it's pretty useless for having open as it just makes a load of wind noise and if I wanted more air in the cabin, I'd just open the window
If you were looking for the little differences in performance, it also makes the car a bit heavier and that weight is right up high, so raises the centre of gravity. Whether anyone would ever notice a difference, I doubt
-------------------------------------------------------
Gone - 11/06 B7 RS4 Avant - black/black (Daily drive & kids taxi)
Gone - 05/13 B8 RS4 Avant - Suzuka grey (Daily drive & kids taxi)
Gone - 01/14 B8 RS5 Coupe - Short term car
Gone - 09/14 B8 RS4 Avant - Misano Red/Ceramics (Daily drive & kids taxi)

Current - 04/18 B9 Rs4 Nardo Grey
ZX10R Race bike - 210bhp and a few skid marks on the seat ;)

nastro azzurro
3rd Gear

Post by nastro azzurro » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:40 pm

Definitely have the sunroof. With the blind back, even with the roof closed, the interior is much nicer on a sunny day.
Never had a problem with mine on B8 or current B9.
Don’t ever remember paying to have it serviced either.
Also come resale, sunroof is an asset.
Wouldn’t have a car without one.
Re: tow bar; can only be optioned with car with no DRC.
So if you want a Vorsprung edition you’ll be out of luck.
Enjoy whatever you get!

RS4John
3rd Gear

Post by RS4John » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:54 pm

+1 for the pan-roof.
2020 F3 RSQ3 Std, 400PS, Daytona Grey/black Ara blue interior, Pano, C&S pack, Red calipers, HBA, TP monitoring, 5yr Warranty, Cete AVC, EBC Redstuffs
Gone, 2016 8U RSQ3 Performance
Gone, 2018 B9 RS4
Gone, 2015 8U RSQ3

Rs4spark
3rd Gear

Post by Rs4spark » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:36 am

Good morning Crawfc,
I have a 20 model Carbon black edition -
I did not opt for the tow bar option but have had an after market one installed.
Hidden away under the bumper - the ball knock just clips in when I need it.
I did not want to pay Audi prices as I rarely use it- used for bike carrier only.

Pan roof a must for me & it almost seems a must when selling - my Buyers always want it anyway !!

All the best Andy
tempImagebvX0B8.gif
tempImagehsdjvA.gif
tempImage4iD69J.gif
Sold B9.5 RS4 !! WHY i keep asking ! looking sat ordering another before a new model arrives
RS4 2020 Navarra & Jet Blue Gen 1 R8
RS4 Sepang 2015
RS4 Suzuka 2014
RS4 Cab Daytona 07
RS4 Cab Phantom 58
RS4 Cab Phantom 06

Crazy, also too many to list in between, get board too quickly but hopefully not this time !!

Crawfc
Neutral

Post by Crawfc » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:56 pm

Thanks all, really helpful comments

I love this board

Charles

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”