Question for those on KW V3 (RS4)

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
Avantgarde
2nd Gear

Question for those on KW V3 (RS4)

Post by Avantgarde » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:58 am

Those of you on KW V3 on your RS4, would you say it is more comfortable than stock (non-DRC) or harder than stock?

I feel that the comfort for the stock suspension on the highway and minor bumps is pretty good, but when it needs a little more travel the bump stops come in early and can get quite jarring. I see that the KW V3 has increased suspension travel of 5mm as well as shorter bump stops, so I am making an educated guess that they might even be more comfortable than stock non-DRC suspension.

Would be great if those of you on KW V3 could comment your first hand experience. But if you came from DRC suspension, then that’s a different matter cos I’ve driven a DRC equipped car and that is pretty plush in comfort mode.

Pturner3
Neutral

Re: Question for those on KW V3 (RS4)

Post by Pturner3 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:58 pm

Of course, it does depend on the adjustment of compression and rebound settings. That being one of the main advantages of the V3 - to be able to change those.

I tried my car using a few different settings. In recommended settings from KW I recalled there was no reduction in comfort - but better control. I prefer a harder setup than recommended though, and I still think the ride quality is good. What I never liked about having DRC or Adaptive Dampers in previous cars was the constant urge I felt to fiddle with the drive select. With the fixed set-up you just drive and forget about it. Less is more sometimes...!

I really like the V3s. With the stock suspension the car's front end would lift under acceleration like some 1980s Sierra - awful! The V4's would have been good to try, but were twice the price and I couldn't justify it with my usage (all-road, no track).

Have never tried setting the comp/re-bound to softer than recommended settings, but I would imagine the comfort would easily be retained.
2019 Sport Edition RS4.

Self-retrofits:
Head-Up Display (the proper one not stick on!)
Full TPMS
Anti-Dazzle exterior mirror glass
Traffic sign recognition
Gearbox firmware update - service bulletin update
Lane assist.

KW V3s
Milltek Non-Res Cat-Back
DTUK MP-T Engine Tuning Box
DTUK TCU Gearbox Tune
K&N Air Filter
Summer tyres: Michellin PS4S, Winter tyres: Bridgestone Blizzak LM005

Avantgarde
2nd Gear

Post by Avantgarde » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:50 am

Pturner3 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:58 pm
Of course, it does depend on the adjustment of compression and rebound settings. That being one of the main advantages of the V3 - to be able to change those.

I tried my car using a few different settings. In recommended settings from KW I recalled there was no reduction in comfort - but better control. I prefer a harder setup than recommended though, and I still think the ride quality is good. What I never liked about having DRC or Adaptive Dampers in previous cars was the constant urge I felt to fiddle with the drive select. With the fixed set-up you just drive and forget about it. Less is more sometimes...!

I really like the V3s. With the stock suspension the car's front end would lift under acceleration like some 1980s Sierra - awful! The V4's would have been good to try, but were twice the price and I couldn't justify it with my usage (all-road, no track).

Have never tried setting the comp/re-bound to softer than recommended settings, but I would imagine the comfort would easily be retained.
Did your car come with DRC from factory or the standard sports suspension?

Pturner3
Neutral

Post by Pturner3 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:19 am

It came with the standard sports suspension.
2019 Sport Edition RS4.

Self-retrofits:
Head-Up Display (the proper one not stick on!)
Full TPMS
Anti-Dazzle exterior mirror glass
Traffic sign recognition
Gearbox firmware update - service bulletin update
Lane assist.

KW V3s
Milltek Non-Res Cat-Back
DTUK MP-T Engine Tuning Box
DTUK TCU Gearbox Tune
K&N Air Filter
Summer tyres: Michellin PS4S, Winter tyres: Bridgestone Blizzak LM005

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”