Please warm up engine

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
sqgabriel
Neutral

Please warm up engine

Post by sqgabriel » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:07 pm

My 2020 RS4 has just been in the dealership for the last week for them to look at.

I have done 500 miles in the car, but kept getting a please warm up engine error message, this is not the rev limit one, just a warning. According to the owner manual, its fuel In the oil due to short drives. Admittedly some of my drives have been short. The only way I had been able to clear the fault was to go for a 40 mile blast, then turn the engine off and back on again, fault cleared....Awesome, however, parked the car up overnight and started it the next day and fault comes within 5 seconds of engine starting.

Is anyone else seeing this? dealer is saying its normal after investigating for a week, of the 500 miles I have driven, 300 of them have been to try and clear the faults, really keen to hear if anyone else is seeing this, during covid my mileage is low, but would not expect the fault all the time, or to have to drive 40 miles each time to clear it.

Your knowledge is much appreciated

PieterZ
3rd Gear

Re: Please warm up engine

Post by PieterZ » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:06 pm

Nope, never had it. More than 60k km as a daily.
All black B9 RS4

Jools
1st Gear

Re: Please warm up engine

Post by Jools » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:49 pm

I've never had the fault but I wonder if the ECU records the max temp on each trip. If all your trips have been short the average engine temp would look low and the ECU might see that as problem.
This is the problem with 'clever' engine management nowadays. :bash:

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”