Interior Ambient Lighting

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
s4tokyo
2nd Gear

Interior Ambient Lighting

Post by s4tokyo » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:52 am

Thought that I had queried on this forum previously, but seems not.
Although there are 'various' threads on web for Audi Interior Ambient Lighting, none I've seen address a solution to following query.

When ignition is switched on, Door Handle Trim lighting momentarily illuminates 'brightly', and then quickly reverses to a dimmed brightness. [In my case I use RED color setting, and the dimmed colored looks a sickly pink during daytime and not much improved weak red when dark].

I want to have the full brightness that can be seen when ignition is switched on, but as a 'permanent' setting. Note : I already have MMI setting at max brightness - this is not the solution however.

I've followed up w/Dealer but no help there.

QUESTION : Is any Forum member aware, for existing Door Handle Trim lighting ie without additional accessorizing, if permanent full brightness can be achieved - either by line code adjustment or other means?
Current :Sonoma Green. Ext Black Pack, Carbon 'Ext/Eng Cover/Int trim', Sports Exhaust, RS Sports Int., Pana Sunroof, Matrix Lights, Park & Drive Assist pkg., Speed limiter removed, Titanium-Anthracite 20".
Previous : B8.5 RS4 Daytona Gray
Previous : B8 S4 Ibis White

paulread69
1st Gear

Re: Interior Ambient Lighting

Post by paulread69 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:07 am

Hello. I saw your post a while ago and have been meaning to play around with the lighting to see if I could help.
I’m not sure if what I am about to say will help, but it may confirm that your illumination is working the same as mine.
So when the main lights are off, the illumination is off. When on auto the illumination comes on when the lights come on. The illumination is also on with the side lights. If you want illumination in the daytime, you will need to keep your side lights on. I use Maritime Blue and with full brightness it can be seen during the day.
The red is pretty weak and almost
Pink as you say and doesn’t go to full brightness like when you turn off the ignition or open the door. Perhaps this is to distinguish between normal and caution warnings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s4tokyo
2nd Gear

Post by s4tokyo » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:32 pm

Thx Paul for your detailed reply - just catching up to this now.
It's a small peeve in the big picture of things about B8 RS4, but I'm nonetheless surprised that I appear the only one bothered by it:)
Yep, it seems what what you describe is same spec in UK as what I have here (JP). I thought 'perhaps the coding for JP market might have screwed to the point of what I see / was describing. Apparently not.

You note "..... If you want illumination in the daytime, you will need to keep your side lights on. .....The red is pretty weak and almost Pink as you say and doesn’t go to full brightness like when you turn off the ignition or open the door. Perhaps this is to distinguish between normal and caution warnings. ...."

THIS is exactly my peeve, just as you note.
Even w/full brightness adjustment on MMI it doesn’t go to 'true' full brightness like when you turn on/off the ignition, just for the 1~1.5 seconds. I want that true full brightness on permanently, day and / or night, but the MMI does not allow for that adjustment.
I've tried inquire on the OBD11 forums, but similar no response no options.
It was programmed to dim and stay dimmed even at MMI max illumination setting for some reason, and so is what it is. I just wished that I could changed it.

Thx again for input:)
Current :Sonoma Green. Ext Black Pack, Carbon 'Ext/Eng Cover/Int trim', Sports Exhaust, RS Sports Int., Pana Sunroof, Matrix Lights, Park & Drive Assist pkg., Speed limiter removed, Titanium-Anthracite 20".
Previous : B8.5 RS4 Daytona Gray
Previous : B8 S4 Ibis White

paulread69
1st Gear

Post by paulread69 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:11 am

Hi. I was playing with VCDS the other day making some changes on other things and scrolling through the adaptations I seem to recall lots of LED or lighting stuff. I didn’t look or try to change anything that I wasn’t sure about, but if you are brave you can have a play yourself, just make a backup first.

Another peeve is the footwell lighting goes off when the doors are closed. On my company car Skoda Superb they stay on. Something I might look into if I get the enthusiasm.

If you do find the answer to full red brightness, please post how you solved it.

Good luck
Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”