Jools
Attachments
7EA24CE6-3294-462D-8037-89EAEDD19E40.jpeg
05860C24-D15E-445B-B629-6E5EF107D38E.jpeg

Dannyboy123
1st Gear

Re: Space saver wheel - is this the part number

Post by Dannyboy123 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:02 am

On all the photos above I cant seem to make out the audi part number? The part number is the one that is stamped onto the wheel near the bolt holes. Can anyone take a quick look and confirm the part number please and also list the other spec of the wheel that is stamped there like the ET number.
The only wheel I can seem to find is 8K0601027B with ET29 but I'm unsure if that's the correct one.
Cheers
Dan

RS Owner
3rd Gear

Post by RS Owner » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:47 pm

Dannyboy123 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:02 am
Can anyone take a quick look and confirm the part number please and also list the other spec of the wheel that is stamped there like the ET number.
I can post photos of my RS5 wheel if that would be any good. I think its the same
The stamps are
  • 4. 00Bx19H2 ET22
  • PL 244X MWA
  • 48 17
  • 8W0601027B
Last edited by RS Owner on Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current : 2018 F5 RS5 (Let's Fire Up the Quattro)
Gone : 2017 M3 CP
Gone : 2007 B7 RS4 ( :kissmyrings: )

Dannyboy123
1st Gear

Post by Dannyboy123 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:39 pm

RS5 Owner wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:47 pm
Dannyboy123 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:02 am
Can anyone take a quick look and confirm the part number please and also list the other spec of the wheel that is stamped there like the ET number.
I can post photos of my RS5 wheel if that would be any good. I think its the same
The stamps are
  • 4. 00Bx.19H2 ET22
  • PL 244X MWA
  • 48 17
  • 8W0601027B
Thats great thanks for the info, so the ET needs to be 22. Im sure the RS4 and RS5 will have the same space saver.

quattro
Neutral

Post by quattro » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:29 am

Jools wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:42 pm
Quattro
I’ve attached a couple of pictures of my boot with the spare in

I hope this helps

Jools
Thank you Jool, in the meanwhile I bought the spare wheel, and they installed it at the local Audi Dealer.

However, the mechanic has noticed that there is no compartment for storing tools such as the jack and the wrench which before were near the compresso/seal kit.
So they ordered a new component to store these tools, with a different shape so to replace the existing compartment between the rear seats and the spare wheel compartment.
But once arrived, it doesn't fit in the RS4 because the car has additional Electronic Control Units vs normal A4 in that space and they returned it.
So they want me to leave the tools going around in the spare wheel compartment.

Can some of you from UK kindly share a picture of the other compartment, the one between rear seats and s.w. compartment, so to understand if it is effectively different from the one I already had and a detailed photo to understand how the tools are stored?
[attached my car as of now]

Thank you in advance.
Attachments
IMG_5493.jpg
IMG_5494.jpg

Dannyboy123
1st Gear

Post by Dannyboy123 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:28 pm

quattro wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:29 am
Jools wrote:
Quattro

I hope this helps

Jools
Thank you Jool, in the meanwhile I bought the spare wheel, and they installed it at the local Audi Dealer.

However, the mechanic has noticed that there is no compartment for storing tools such as the jack and the wrench which before were near the compresso/seal kit.
So they ordered a new component to store these tools, with a different shape so to replace the existing compartment between the rear seats and the spare wheel compartment.
But once arrived, it doesn't fit in the RS4 because the car has additional Electronic Control Units vs normal A4 in that space and they returned it.

Can some of you from UK kindly share a picture of the other compartment, the one between rear seats and s.w. compartment, so to understand if it is effectively different from the one I already had and a detailed photo to understand how the tools are stored?

Thank you in advance.
I havent got photos but I bought a compartment from a pre face lift and tried to fit it myself. The dealer is right it will dot fit because of the control modules. I have my jack in the boot next to the spare wheel, like your photo. No other option really

RS Owner
3rd Gear

Post by RS Owner » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:36 pm

IMG_1418.JPG
Current : 2018 F5 RS5 (Let's Fire Up the Quattro)
Gone : 2017 M3 CP
Gone : 2007 B7 RS4 ( :kissmyrings: )

spidmack
Neutral

Post by spidmack » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:12 am

Dannyboy123 wrote:
quattro wrote:
Jools wrote:
Quattro

I hope this helps

Jools

Thank you in advance.
I havent got photos but I bought a compartment from a pre face lift and tried to fit it myself. The dealer is right it will dot fit because of the control modules. I have my jack in the boot next to the spare wheel, like your photo. No other option really
My dealer fitted a spare wheel to my 2020
B9 RS4. He also tried to fit the difference tool tray to hold the jack / crank etc & couldn’t due to some parts under it. So they left the tray my car came with.
Re the crank / jack. He noticed there was a bag option for the jack / crank. It has a cabana clip. With the crank / jack in the bag we fitted it behind the right hand side recess. That’s the one which has some netting. There a small clip you turn & recess & netting open up. Behind is quite a large hole / recess. We hooked the cabana from the bag onto a hole & the jack / crank fits neatly in there. It’s almost like it’s made for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quattro
Neutral

Post by quattro » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:29 pm

@spidmack: sounds something better than having all the stuff moving around. Do you some pictures?

Dannyboy123
1st Gear

Post by Dannyboy123 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:54 pm

spidmack wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:12 am
Dannyboy123 wrote:
quattro wrote:

Thank you in advance.
My dealer fitted a spare wheel to my 2020
B9 RS4. He also tried to fit the difference tool tray to hold the jack / crank etc & couldn’t due to some parts under it. So they left the tray my car came with.
Re the crank / jack. He noticed there was a bag option for the jack / crank. It has a cabana clip. With the crank / jack in the bag we fitted it behind the right hand side recess. That’s the one which has some netting. There a small clip you turn & recess & netting open up. Behind is quite a large hole / recess. We hooked the cabana from the bag onto a hole & the jack / crank fits neatly in there. It’s almost like it’s made for it.

Sounds perfect, do you have a part number for the bag?

spidmack
Neutral

Post by spidmack » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:21 pm

Hi, sorry for a delayed reply. I only just noticed the question.

The part no is 80A862985A

On my receipt it says list price £52.76 which is expensive for what it is.

Here’s a pic of it. I have also attached the collapsible chocks bag. Which was another option I bought.

quattro
Neutral

Space saver wheel - is this the part number

Post by quattro » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:25 pm

Hello. Bad news here.

I’ve just come back from the dealer for the second time now. Yesterday they told me they found the correct compartment where to store the spare wheel tools. Today once there they said that even this one they “ordered from Germany” that should differ from the standard A4 part, doesn’t fit.
This time it’s another ECU, the one for the SOS phone assistance that comes complementary as a security feature with the car, which occupy the space and doesn’t allow the assembly.

I need some kind soul from UK who could be able, alternatively:

- to send me (PM) a uk RS4 my2020 VIN so that my dealer (Official Audi dealer) may require the part number from their system starting from a VIN (this is what the dealer suggested me but honesty I don’t know whether it’s something one can share)

- ask her/his dealer the jack/crank compartment part number he would order as a UK dealer selling “uk market” RS4 (the one where you store the car jack)

I would try to call a random UK Audi dealer but I’m afraid nobody will care about an Audi Italia’s customer.

In case the part number we will find will be the same as the one they’ve already ordered that would mean that uk cars don’t have any SOS phone ECU in the back/they place somewhere else during production phases

Thank you in advance for helping another RS4 driver.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Dannyboy123
1st Gear

Post by Dannyboy123 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:18 pm

quattro wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:25 pm
Hello. Bad news here.

I’ve just come back from the dealer for the second time now. Yesterday they told me they found the correct compartment where to store the spare wheel tools. Today once there they said that even this one they “ordered from Germany” that should differ from the standard A4 part, doesn’t fit.
This time it’s another ECU, the one for the SOS phone assistance that comes complementary as a security feature with the car, which occupy the space and doesn’t allow the assembly.

- to send me (PM) a uk RS4 my2020 VIN so that my dealer (Official Audi dealer) may require the part number from their system starting from a VIN (this is what the dealer suggested me but honesty I don’t know whether it’s something one can share)

- ask her/his dealer the jack/crank compartment part number he would order as a UK dealer selling “uk market” RS4 (the one where you store the car jack)

I would try to call a random UK Audi dealer but I’m afraid nobody will care about an Audi Italia’s customer.

In case the part number we will find will be the same as the one they’ve already ordered that would mean that uk cars don’t have any SOS phone ECU in the back/they place somewhere else during production phases Image

A 2020 UK vin will not help you because the 2020 UK RS4 doesn't come with a spare wheel or jack. It isnt an option from Audi.

spidmack
Neutral

Post by spidmack » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:08 pm

quattro wrote:Hello. Bad news here.

In case the part number we will find will be the same as the one they’ve already ordered that would mean that uk cars don’t have any SOS phone ECU in the back/they place somewhere else during production phases Image

Hi my dealer also got a different tray from Germany but like you it wouldn’t fit. My car Image a Sept 2020 RS4 B9.5 Vorsprung. My car didn’t come with a spare wheel. I don’t think any of the 2020 B9.5’s do.

Plus I don’t think there is tray that fits our car. That’s what my UK dealer said.

You can still fit the wrench & locking nut in the tray that came with the car. That comes in the pouch,

Then fit a spare wheel & store the jack & crank behind the right hand storage housing as per my earlier pics

Rs4spark
3rd Gear

Post by Rs4spark » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:35 am

Good morning all,

on the Space saver spare wheel topic please could someone with a UK car & a spare wheel take a photo of the centre of the wheel where all the figures are .
- I am looking at buying one just checking it is the right one ,

Many thanks Andy
Sold B9.5 RS4 !! WHY i keep asking ! looking sat ordering another before a new model arrives
RS4 2020 Navarra & Jet Blue Gen 1 R8
RS4 Sepang 2015
RS4 Suzuka 2014
RS4 Cab Daytona 07
RS4 Cab Phantom 58
RS4 Cab Phantom 06

Crazy, also too many to list in between, get board too quickly but hopefully not this time !!

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”