RDC yes or not ??

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
materaz
Neutral

RDC yes or not ??

Post by materaz » Sun May 24, 2020 12:31 am

HI!! My name's Mattew....I'm new in this forum...I want change my Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio with an RS4 mod. 2020...I have a question for you....RDC is necessary or not? RS4 without RCD is hard as (for example) BMW with M trim? Five years ago I've had a bmw 123D with M trim...for me was ok, except runflat tires..very hard!! Without RDC when you drive you feel all the slightest disconnections? Thankyou for your answers.. and sorry for my poor english....

Terminator_X
3rd Gear

Re: RDC yes or not ??

Post by Terminator_X » Sun May 24, 2020 12:42 am

I had standard suspension on mine and it rode very well imho. Each to their own but the fancy suspension seems ott to me.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

nastro azzurro
3rd Gear

Post by nastro azzurro » Sun May 24, 2020 11:25 am

I’ve got DRC and find it very good. Had it in my B8 too but I would say the B9 set up is much better.
If you don’t need a tow bar I’d go with the DRC. More options for set up and nice in comfort for around town IMO.

RS4John
3rd Gear

Post by RS4John » Mon May 25, 2020 10:57 pm

I had DRC....it depends what you expect/want from a car as a driving experience?

DRC 'flattens' the driving experience so that the rear suspension 'squat' from hard acceleration and the 'dive' from the front under braking is supressed as is body roll during cornering - it is very clever. However is also detracts from the 'drama' of driving a supremely rapid cross-country vehicle - I never, ever, felt like I even got close to the limits of the RS4 with DRC and suspect short of being on a race-track you won't either.

I really wanted DRC, badly, however once experienced I realised it was a case of being careful for what one wished for.

It was the lack of handling perfection and suspension refinement in the RSQ3 (I'd had one previously) manifest in the fact that it would most definitely take a flying leap off the road if I misjudged speed, corner and braking requirements was what gave it the lethal-if-abused feedback and drama that I so missed. Weird I do realise!
2020 F3 RSQ3 Std, 400PS, Daytona Grey/black Ara blue interior, Pano, C&S pack, Red calipers, HBA, TP monitoring, 5yr Warranty, Cete AVC, EBC Redstuffs
Gone, 2016 8U RSQ3 Performance
Gone, 2018 B9 RS4
Gone, 2015 8U RSQ3

ARSEY4
5th Gear

Post by ARSEY4 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:00 am

I had a B8 RS4 without DRC or Dynamic steering. Having driven both I felt that the car was more involving without.

Massingham
Neutral

Post by Massingham » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:14 am

I have DRC on mine and whilst I’ve never driven a non DRC I do feel that the implementation is very good and way better than on the B8 where the dynamic setting was too stiff and jumpy

Dynamic on the B9 is pretty stiff and if the road surface is good the handling is sublime and cornering very flat. I tend to use Auto most of the time in day to day driving which feels nicely balanced. Hardly ever use Comfort as feels a little soft for me but Ok for long boring motorway journeys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RS4 B9
Mythos Black
20" Anthracite
DRC
Sports Exhaust
Privacy glass
Matrix LED
Comfort & Sound pack

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”