RS Sports Exhaust Paint Flaking

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
Rwg
1st Gear

Re: RS Sports Exhaust Paint Flaking LIVID

Post by Rwg » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:04 pm

Hi folk,
I am Livid, dropped car of this morning as first attempt last Thursday they where unable to do what was needed as, and I quote: new Tail pipe ends need to be Welded on! I knew this so did the young lady who ordered parts.
Anyhow 2nd attempt today, dropped car of 8,30 this morning car to be taken to 3rd party workshop believed to be Mercedes? Later i recieved call at 5 saying all done car can be collected.

My wife drove me in to Audi dealer Carlisle, to my horror I could see what they had done 30 yards away sitting in passenger seat of wife's car.
Somebody, not able to identify who! But someone took the decision not to take old end pipes of, but to simply buff the rest of the paint finish off to show big shiny tail pipe ends, no one on site manager gone home.
Awaiting phone call tomorrow, I must say I don't believe this to be an Audi decision but Dealer or workshop manager?
Note this was first noted at dealer prior to 1st service and since then they have been saying same thing waiting for Audi, as soon as I escalated to customer service within 3 weeks this is where we are.
Emailed customer services, this is not acceptable wait their response.
Would any one on forum thart has had the replacement end pipes fitted by there dealer please let me know
Kind regards
Paul
rwg

Rwg
1st Gear

Re: RS Sports Exhaust Paint Flaking

Post by Rwg » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:53 pm

Just to confirm outcome, Carlisle Audi have decided to replace both back box's for new as a godwill gesture Audi sent new Tail caps to be Welded, Carlisle Audi did not want to weld them and sourced full box replacement.
I am very grateful for the end result, but should not take 2 years.
Once again thank you Carlisle Audi

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”