Decided to take the plunge!

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
RS4John
3rd Gear

Re: Decided to take the plunge!

Post by RS4John » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:35 pm

Congratulations - how long to export and ship a car to Cyprus? Presumably it has to get put into a container and sent as sea freight?
2020 F3 RSQ3 Std, 400PS, Daytona Grey/black Ara blue interior, Pano, C&S pack, Red calipers, HBA, TP monitoring, 5yr Warranty, Cete AVC, EBC Redstuffs
Gone, 2016 8U RSQ3 Performance
Gone, 2018 B9 RS4
Gone, 2015 8U RSQ3

stephen_m
Neutral

Post by stephen_m » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:08 pm

RS4John wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:35 pm
Congratulations - how long to export and ship a car to Cyprus? Presumably it has to get put into a container and sent as sea freight?
Yes, flying over to the UK week after next to take delivery, enjoy for 2-3 days and then hand over to a freight-forwarder. I’ve been told it will tale 3-4 weeks to get to Cyprus. Very excited - this has been my dream car for quite a while!!

noidea
3rd Gear

Post by noidea » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:05 pm

stephen_m wrote:
RS4John wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:35 pm
Yes, flying over to the UK week after next to take delivery, enjoy for 2-3 days and then hand over to a freight-forwarder. I’ve been told it will tale 3-4 weeks to get to Cyprus. Very excited - this has been my dream car for quite a while!!
So you went for the Navarra one at Norwich Audi?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

stephen_m
Neutral

Post by stephen_m » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:18 am

Yep. The only extra which i really wanted to have but that is missing is the front sense and the associated adaptive cruise control. Apart from that, it’s a stunning car!

Iannorwich
Neutral

Post by Iannorwich » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:02 am

Did you come over to see the actual car, or go with the photo,s? I live in norwich and haven’t bought any of my last 5 Audi’s from them, never met with a good enough deal. One thing I would say is there cars tend to be dreadfully scratched even unregistered cars in The showroom are bad, may want to consider getting the car machine polished before you get it.

noidea
3rd Gear

Post by noidea » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:45 am

Iannorwich wrote:Did you come over to see the actual car, or go with the photo,s? I live in norwich and haven’t bought any of my last 5 Audi’s from them, never met with a good enough deal. One thing I would say is there cars tend to be dreadfully scratched even unregistered cars in The showroom are bad, may want to consider getting the car machine polished before you get it.
Yes, I never let them wash my car when it's in for service.
I have never bought a car from them. They have never had what I want. My brother bought a TTS from them and it had a smart repair to a diamond cut wheel. They replaced it, in fact I think so far they have replaced 3 wheels as they were marked.
I think like a lot of garages there prep is not the best but for 90% of people it is good enough.
I agree it will probably need a good detail.

stephen_m
Neutral

Post by stephen_m » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:05 pm

noidea wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:45 am
Iannorwich wrote:Did you come over to see the actual car, or go with the photo,s? I live in norwich and haven’t bought any of my last 5 Audi’s from them, never met with a good enough deal. One thing I would say is there cars tend to be dreadfully scratched even unregistered cars in The showroom are bad, may want to consider getting the car machine polished before you get it.
I have never bought a car from them. They have never had what I want. My brother bought a TTS from them and it had a smart repair to a diamond cut wheel. They replaced it, in fact I think so far they have replaced 3 wheels as they were marked.
I think like a lot of garages there prep is not the best but for 90% of people it is good enough.

Thanks for the warnings guys. In my naivety, I assumed that, since it is from an Audi dealer, there should not be any issues. Do you guys think it would be worthwhile to order one the AA independent inspections?

Stephen

noidea
3rd Gear

Post by noidea » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:13 pm

stephen_m wrote:
noidea wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:45 am

Thanks for the warnings guys. In my naivety, I assumed that, since it is from an Audi dealer, there should not be any issues. Do you guys think it would be worthwhile to order one the AA independent inspections?

Stephen
Mechanically I don't think there will be a problem, I think it depends how fussy you are about paint?
I don't think the AA do paint inspections.

Iannorwich
Neutral

Post by Iannorwich » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:17 pm

Sorry didn’t want to make you nervous, I’m sure Audi would only sell A1 car mechanically, it’s just the Swirl marks on the paint work that I would be amazed if it didn’t have them as i’M sure they don’t care too much in the washing department.

stephen_m
Neutral

Post by stephen_m » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:23 pm

Iannorwich wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:17 pm
Sorry didn’t want to make you nervous, I’m sure Audi would only sell A1 car mechanically, it’s just the Swirl marks on the paint work that I would be amazed if it didn’t have them as i’M sure they don’t care too much in the washing department.
I take it you mean the swirls you get from a car wash? They come out with a quick polish, don’t they?

stephen_m
Neutral

Post by stephen_m » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:23 pm

Picked the beast up yesterday. Guys, how long before the stupid grin goes away?

OU812
1st Gear

Post by OU812 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:49 pm

The first visit to the petrol station in about 10mins 😂 after that, Never!!

noidea
3rd Gear

Post by noidea » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:02 pm

stephen_m wrote:Picked the beast up yesterday. Guys, how long before the stupid grin goes away?
That grin doesn't go anywhere.
Are you happy with it? Everything went smoothly I guess?

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”