Revving but no increase is speed

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
Nedberg
Neutral

Revving but no increase is speed

Post by Nedberg » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 pm

Hi just found this forum, have the latest RS4 coming up for 1 year old now. Had the thermostat problem but think mine was stuck shut.

Tonight just had a weird one, the car sounded a bit different and when putting door down, revs went up but no increase in speed. Didn't do it in S though, going to have to get that looked at.

Also has anyone glad the black paint coming off exhausts? Wife's RS3 did it from new complained swapped them for new ones...and are the news straight out of the box were flaking.....

RS4John
3rd Gear

Re: Revving but no increase is speed

Post by RS4John » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 pm

Welcome to the forum.

On the exhaust topic - mine was showing bare metal on the rolled edge seam of the right tail pipe (you have the Sports Exhaust option then) when I first got it - treated it to a lick with a black permanent marker at the time and no further issues.
2020 F3 RSQ3 Std, 400PS, Daytona Grey/black Ara blue interior, Pano, C&S pack, Red calipers, HBA, TP monitoring, 5yr Warranty, Cete AVC, EBC Redstuffs
Gone, 2016 8U RSQ3 Performance
Gone, 2018 B9 RS4
Gone, 2015 8U RSQ3

PieterZ
3rd Gear

Post by PieterZ » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:40 pm

I also had the thermostat, mine was stuck open. (running cold)
If it was stuck closed, did you perhaps overheat? Maybe causing damage (I hope not!)
I also have pitted exhaust tips, dealer will look at it next week when I take it in for the DRC issue.
All black B9 RS4

Nedberg
Neutral

Post by Nedberg » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:58 am

Hi it ran hot but I caught it straight away and turned it off. Got it recovered from home and was adamant with the dealership that I hoped there was no damage. I wasnt impressed about that at all and Audi did give a crap. I haven't noticed anything as that was s good 5k miles ago. The other issue hasn't recoccured but I still have it booked in for an investigation.

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”