Small chat questions

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
s4tokyo
2nd Gear

Small chat questions

Post by s4tokyo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:54 pm

Given that there's a lull in production for EU destination Market Sales, the impact of which seems reflected in board activity, hopefully I'll be excused for some small level questions unrelated to car performance discussions ;

1. Front under seat storage bin - there is none on B9 correct? __ [Or perhaps none spec’d for some countries?]
2. Hard copy ‘RS4' Owner Manual, there is one or not? __
3. Seats Color stitching - any particular do’s or don’t's about care? __ [Leather cleaning waxes will ‘dull’ the stitching?]
4. Sunglasses holder - there is none, correct? __ [Asking only, don’t use:) ]
5. Carbon Pack 'Door Mirrors and Side skirt’ scuff protection - any C’Spec owners apply clear film? __ [There's no ‘touch up’ repair possible:) ].
6. IP Navi Display seems to have low 'max brightness’, almost yellow-ish - can OBD11 modify Display settings further? __ [Factory setting is to protect long life of display, and so backlight is set to operate at conservative rating. Probably 15%~20% brightness held back, even at user max setting]
7. Trunk 'plastic hooks', beside trunk lighting - are those things even remotely robust?:-((
Current :Sonoma Green. Ext Black Pack, Carbon 'Ext/Eng Cover/Int trim', Sports Exhaust, RS Sports Int., Pana Sunroof, Matrix Lights, Park & Drive Assist pkg., Speed limiter removed, Titanium-Anthracite 20".
Previous : B8.5 RS4 Daytona Gray
Previous : B8 S4 Ibis White

RS4John
3rd Gear

Re: Small chat questions

Post by RS4John » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:18 pm

1) I have the Storage Pack option - no under-seat storage but I do have a lidded storage cubby below the main light switch - big enough for sunglasses
2) Mine see seems to be the standard A4 book - but I didn't have the car from brand new - maybe there was an RS4 version.
3) I have lunar silver seats with rock grey stitching. I've protected the leather with Gtechnic L1 - it didn't affect the stitching
4) See 1 above
5) I don't have the carbon pack - mine are gloss black and the lady wife is short so has already scratched the things. Will probably get the skirts wrapped at some point and maybe a lady with longer legs too....
6) I hadn't noticed - there is no OBD11 change for this.
7) The 'curry hooks' are less flimsy than you 1st imagine, I've hooked up bags of supermarket food shopping and they have survived.
2020 F3 RSQ3 Std, 400PS, Daytona Grey/black Ara blue interior, Pano, C&S pack, Red calipers, HBA, TP monitoring, 5yr Warranty, Cete AVC, EBC Redstuffs
Gone, 2016 8U RSQ3 Performance
Gone, 2018 B9 RS4
Gone, 2015 8U RSQ3

s4tokyo
2nd Gear

Post by s4tokyo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:33 am

RS4John wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:18 pm
1) I have the Storage Pack option - no under-seat storage but.....
Thx for comments.
Yep, saw a US review of RS5 some time back and re that storage bin you refer, he stuck his arm into it almost up to his elbow:) Seems like when Audi designers came to this area they simply thought 'have space will use', without thinking too much how it would be used - lot's of coin?? It's good to have though:))
Again, appreciate your other responses.
R.
Current :Sonoma Green. Ext Black Pack, Carbon 'Ext/Eng Cover/Int trim', Sports Exhaust, RS Sports Int., Pana Sunroof, Matrix Lights, Park & Drive Assist pkg., Speed limiter removed, Titanium-Anthracite 20".
Previous : B8.5 RS4 Daytona Gray
Previous : B8 S4 Ibis White

iancowe
Neutral

Post by iancowe » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:52 pm

To answer a couple of your questions:

2) with regards to the manual it's just the A4 book (mine was brand new from dealership so can confirm that's all you get)
5) I've got the carbon pack and haven't applied any protection to it yet (6 months and so far so good) but would be interested to hear how you get on if you apply film.
7) Have used them a few times and they seem stronger than they look.
Current:
RS4 B9 Carbon Edition

Previous:
Aston Martin Vantage N420
Aston Martin Vantage 4.3
BMW 335i
Mitsubishi Evo 9 FQ340
Subaru Impreza WR1
Subaru Impreza P1
Subaru Impreza RB5
Vauxhall Cavalier SRI
Citroen BX 19 GTi